Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Using a BB bought in Taiwan with Tmobile

Does anyone know whether Tmobile allows you to bring you own Blackberry and just buy a monthly plan from them without getting a phone? (I'm going to the states for school so I'll be there on a long term basis) If yes, can a Blackberry bought in Taiwan be used with Tmobile?

Thanks in advance.
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Quote Originally Posted by leech060191 View Post
    Does anyone know whether Tmobile allows you to bring you own Blackberry and just buy a monthly plan from them without getting a phone? (I'm going to the states for school so I'll be there on a long term basis) If yes, can a Blackberry bought in Taiwan be used with Tmobile?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes absolutely. You can go to any T-Mobile store and sign up for a line and they will give you a SIM card which you can insert in your Blackberry. Keep in mind that your Blackberry needs to be unlocked in order for it to work
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

Exactly as Cellunlock said. You can also choose to use your berry on AT&T, which is the other GSM provider in the US
    Visit us for all of your Unlocking Solutions at: TheRemoteUnlocker.com
    Always offering $10 unlock codes!!

Call us in Toronto at 647.478.7505 OR TOLL-FREE in the US at 1.877.806.2088, or Email us at sales@theremoteunlocker.com
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Thanks in advance.
    Yeah they love it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for the replies! I've a few more questions.

I can't find the data plan for T-mobile on its website. Or does the 'Individual Talk + Text + Web' plan already include the data portion. If it is, and I get this plan, will it allow me to send BBMs when I'm back in Taiwan (i.e. overseas). How will the rates be like? Or is it considered under the 'Unlimited Web Access'.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by leech060191; 08-10-2010 at 04:45 AM.
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

I can't find the data plan for T-mobile on its website. Or does the 'Individual Talk + Text + Web' plan already include the data portion. If it is, and I get this plan, will it allow me to send BBMs when I'm back in Taiwan (i.e. overseas). How will the rates be like? Or is it considered under the 'Unlimited Web Access'.

Thanks again!
    Yes that's the plan you need. You can also add the International Roaming options for when you are back in Taiwan.
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Make sure you get a Blackberry specific plan or else BBM isn't going to work. A generic unlimited data plan won't do the trick.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    29,885 Global Posts

Thanks again!
    When you are back in Taiwan, you would be better off getting a prepaid BIS plan with a local provider there. It would be cheaper than international data from T-Mobile. You might want to check the T-Mobile forums, and you should contact T-Mobile. I recall seeing that the international data plan from T-Mobile only covers email, not BBM or web browsing. I am not a T-Mobile customer, though, so you will need to contact them to find out definitely what international data does cover.