Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. BBCJF's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Smile Unlocking bold 9700 from AT&T

    This is just my unlock story, wondering if anyone else has had their unlocking experience like this.

    I went on the AT&T live chat to try and get my new Bold 9700 unlocked, they asked questions like when did I get the phone, did I get it through AT&T direct, did I pay the full price or reduced rate... I thought for sure they were looking for a reason not to give it to me... I had the phone since Christmas Eve, did not buy it through AT&T direct, and did not pay the full price.

    I explained to her that I would be traveling to China for business and would like to use pre-paid SIM cards while there. I've been a loyal AT&T customer since 2002. Explained I had bought my bold 9000 outright for the full price about a year ago and now just upgraded...

    She states she has to check my eligibility and 5 minutes later comes back and says she regrets to inform me that i am not eligible for the unlock code. Ok, no big deal.

    An hour later I got an email from AT&T tech support giving me my unlock code and instructions!

    I've had nothing but good things to say about AT&T and letstalk.com. I got the BOLD 9700 for free, free shipping, free activation, and a BB silicone case for 7 bucks that was backordered and shipped out free 2nd day air when it came in. Just got 3G coverage in my area too and get a real good discount through work on my plan!
  2. nm1k0's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,521 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,547 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Wow congrats. Seems like you got a bunch of good deals.
  3. omrjln's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Good 4 U
    I know, you LOVE my Avatar
    Here WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

    Devices: Motorola (Startac) > Ericsson > Samsung > Nokia Communicator > HP > HTC > P900 > iPhone (1-month) > HTC TILT > BB 8310 > BB 9530 > BB 9700 > BB 9800 > BB 9790
  4. Sgt_Smoker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    128 Posts
    PIN
    ##?##?##
    #4  

    Default

    I won my unlock code form a Contest here on CB
    ALL POSTS ARE
    [CC] Closed Captioned for the reading impared
  5. hossra's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    137 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I had no problem when I called AT&T CS. She told me as long as I had had the phone for 90 days, no sweat. Sorry to hear your experience and it would be nice if all their reps knew (and voiced) the same policy.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. gdasilva16's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,060 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    PIN
    23749144
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Smoker View Post
    I won my unlock code form a Contest here on CB
    same here. love at&t
    my life would not be right without my Blackberry
    cb.com 4 life!!! PIN 23749144
    gdasilva.tumblr.com
    follow me on twitter! @instyleteddy
  7. Teek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request
    #7  

    Default

    I've always called and received the code immediately.
    One time the CSR said that they do not give them out so I said thanks, called right back and spoke to someone more knowledgable. Problem solved.
    iTouch & EVO 4G
  8. charlyee's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,925 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I have always had good experience in getting an unlock code from AT&T. The 9700 was the easiest, I got it the first week, she gave to me right on the phone after a short hold. I believe their policy is one has to be a customer in good standing for at least 90 days.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. gdavis2221's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    243 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I have always had good experience in getting an unlock code from AT&T. The 9700 was the easiest, I got it the first week, she gave to me right on the phone after a short hold. I believe their policy is one has to be a customer in good standing for at least 90 days.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Had the same experience from AT&T. Always got the unlock code just by asking for it.
  10. imkaelinmcintyre's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    111 Posts
    PIN
    Ask!
    #10  

    Default

    When I finally get my 9700 issues worked out and a device that actually works properly i will be calling to get the unlock code
    “Abashed the devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is.”

    http://twitter.com/KaelinMcIntyre
  11. CarrierUnlock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,297 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Great to hear.
  12. LSCUP7187's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    600 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    You have to have used an upgrade to get the code from them...on a side note they actually gave me a wrong code and I'm in the process of trying to get this resolved...don't know how this is going to work out...hopefully it was a data entry error or a typo or something simple

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. rbyoder's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Im sorry for sounding Ignorant, I just got my first bb the 9700, I have been with ATT/Cingular for 10+ years, What would the unlock code do for me. My understanding was just that an unlocked phone would be usable with any carrier but would it save me anything on my current rate plan??
  14. Teek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request
    #14  

    Default

    @rbyoder
    No it won't save you on your rate plan.

    You will be able to use another carriers SIM card when traveling out of the country.

    You can ask for A LOT more for an unlocked device if u ever decide to sell. Not to mention it will sell much faster since they'll be able to use it on any carrier as opposed to whichever carrier its locked into.

    @LSCUP7187 not true, I did not use an upgrade and I did get my code.

    I think the theory about your acct being in good standing for the past 90 days sounds more accurate.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  15. LSCUP7187's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    600 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    @Teek...I assumed as much but they informed me that you MUST have a subsidized device for the reps to provide an unlock code...I thought the rep was wrong about that but I got the same from a second rep...that's why they ask...if its purchased outright or from someone else they don't have to do it supposedly its within their right to refuse...sounds like an FCC violation to me!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. Teek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request
    #16  

    Default

    Oh ok gotcha.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. SLVR6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,408 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBCJF View Post
    This is just my unlock story, wondering if anyone else has had their unlocking experience like this.

    I went on the AT&T live chat to try and get my new Bold 9700 unlocked, they asked questions like when did I get the phone, did I get it through AT&T direct, did I pay the full price or reduced rate... I thought for sure they were looking for a reason not to give it to me... I had the phone since Christmas Eve, did not buy it through AT&T direct, and did not pay the full price.

    I explained to her that I would be traveling to China for business and would like to use pre-paid SIM cards while there. I've been a loyal AT&T customer since 2002. Explained I had bought my bold 9000 outright for the full price about a year ago and now just upgraded...

    She states she has to check my eligibility and 5 minutes later comes back and says she regrets to inform me that i am not eligible for the unlock code. Ok, no big deal.

    An hour later I got an email from AT&T tech support giving me my unlock code and instructions!

    I've had nothing but good things to say about AT&T and letstalk.com. I got the BOLD 9700 for free, free shipping, free activation, and a BB silicone case for 7 bucks that was backordered and shipped out free 2nd day air when it came in. Just got 3G coverage in my area too and get a real good discount through work on my plan!
    Want to share the instructions? I have a code and want to make sure the instructions are the same as my 8320 was.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. CellUnlock.net's Avatar
    Unlocking Partner

    Posts
    4,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR6 View Post
    Want to share the instructions? I have a code and want to make sure the instructions are the same as my 8320 was.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
    2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
    3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP [ALT] 2)
    5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from CellUnlock.net and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
    6. Your phone is now unlocked
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
  19. CellUnlock.net's Avatar
    Unlocking Partner

    Posts
    4,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!
    #19  

    Default

    Also, always try to get the code for Free from your carrier, if they won't give it to you for whatever reason then there are plenty of reliable unlockers here on the forums such as ourselves who can unlock your Blackberry.
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
  20. hp215's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I called AT&T yesterday and asked for unlock code because I'm going to Europe in a week and I want to use a local SIM there. I had my phone for about 75 days, so maybe that's why they are saying this but here's their email response:

    AT&T does not unlock handsets for the purposes of international travel except for our International Roaming customers (customers who qualify for and have AT&T's International Roaming feature on their account).Your account does not meet all the requirements for the release of the device unlock code at this time.


    Does anyone have an idea what reason I should give AT&T if not going abroad?
  21. TheRemoteUnlockercom's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,100 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    You called them and they gave you an email response? How does that work?

    I suggest you call back and try again. They seem to send it to most people within minutes (if not reading it to them over the phone during the call).

    If that doesn't work, then we can help you unlock it
    Visit us for all of your Unlocking Solutions at: TheRemoteUnlocker.com
    Always offering $10 unlock codes!!

    Call us in Toronto at 647.478.7505 OR TOLL-FREE in the US at 1.877.806.2088, or Email us at sales@theremoteunlocker.com
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
  22. hp215's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Yeah when I called the guy told me I would get an email within a week, and I got that email the next day (today).
  23. CellUnlock.net's Avatar
    Unlocking Partner

    Posts
    4,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hp215 View Post
    Yeah when I called the guy told me I would get an email within a week, and I got that email the next day (today).
    Might want to try calling them again and threaten to cancel the account if they don't unlock your phone
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
  24. babygirl04041961's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    I have had my Blackberry 9700 for two weeks and today I called AT&T and ask for my unlock code and they ask me a few questions and told me they could not be sure I would always have service in all areas if they gave me the code to unlock code I said that is fine and they gave me the code and walked me through unlocking the phone
  25. CellUnlock.net's Avatar
    Unlocking Partner

    Posts
    4,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl04041961 View Post
    I have had my Blackberry 9700 for two weeks and today I called AT&T and ask for my unlock code and they ask me a few questions and told me they could not be sure I would always have service in all areas if they gave me the code to unlock code I said that is fine and they gave me the code and walked me through unlocking the phone
    Great! Always try your provider first, if they don't give it to you, then any of us unlockers here can help.
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions