Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By californiablackberry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Unlocking Blackberry Curve 8530

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 and need to unlock this or somehow get it so that I can use it on the BoostMobile network which is also a CDMA network. I believe I saw somewhere that for CDMA network phones need to be "Flashed" and I have no idea what or how this is done. The phone does not have a SIM Card and from what I have read from the unlocking companies they can only unlock phones with sim cards. I like the 8530 and would like to use it.

Any help on this topic would be useful.

Thanks,

Scoobs
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

You would need to flash it, which can be done but it takes a lot of work from what I have seen.
    Good Luck!
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

You're right. In order to get it working with Boost, you would have to flash it. It is a lot of work, so I suggest getting it done in store instead
    Visit us for all of your Unlocking Solutions at: TheRemoteUnlocker.com
    Always offering $10 unlock codes!!

Call us in Toronto at 647.478.7505 OR TOLL-FREE in the US at 1.877.806.2088, or Email us at sales@theremoteunlocker.com
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by scoobs2009 View Post
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 and need to unlock this or somehow get it so that I can use it on the BoostMobile network which is also a CDMA network. I believe I saw somewhere that for CDMA network phones need to be "Flashed" and I have no idea what or how this is done. The phone does not have a SIM Card and from what I have read from the unlocking companies they can only unlock phones with sim cards. I like the 8530 and would like to use it.

Any help on this topic would be useful.

Thanks,

Scoobs
    I don't believe BoostMobile is CDMA, I believe they are IDEN. I don't believe you will be able to convert from CDMA to IDEN on the 8530.
    Newly Abused, Permanently Addicted
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default OK How do I "Flash" my Blackberry so it works with Boost Mobile?

So far the answer is that I have to Flash my Blackberry to work with Boost Mobile. The Boost Mobile store here will not do this, they require you to buy a new phone The 8330 which I have but am upgrading to the 8530 which has more processor power and memory.

I have time so I can do the flashing myself but I need instructions and the software to do this. Can anyone help with this, or can I send the phone to a company to do this?

Thanks,

Scoobs
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwkid View Post
    I don't believe BoostMobile is CDMA, I believe they are IDEN. I don't believe you will be able to convert from CDMA to IDEN on the 8530.
    Boost mobile now offers cdma service also.. The prepaid 8330 from boost is cdma

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    B3tonyc (01-12-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Just needs to be flashed in order to make it work on Boost's network.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok people not to be rude or anything boost mobile is iden it says in the bottom of the blackberry curve 8530 this mobile smartphone will not work with iden networks. And boost uses sim cards or not the question is not being answerd who cares about the network just we need the software and the instructions
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by FELIXHGOMEZ123 View Post
    Ok people not to be rude or anything boost mobile is iden it says in the bottom of the blackberry curve 8530 this mobile smartphone will not work with iden networks. And boost uses sim cards or not the question is not being answerd who cares about the network just we need the software and the instructions
    If were that easy we would have probably resolved this already. This really needs to be moved to the UnLockers forum, but I still don't think it is possible, but that is just a guess on my part. As far as the software to flash the phone, that is where I think you will have the biggest problem as it is not readily available, for good reason I might add.
    Newly Abused, Permanently Addicted
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

We as unlockers cannot help you. We unlock phones remotely by imei which cannot be done to this particular device. It can be flashed. Most of the software needed needs to be paid for. There are plenty of flashers available on Howardforums, but another important piece of information is making sure that Boost will activate it on their network. Since they no longer do so unless they originally sold the device.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by FELIXHGOMEZ123 View Post
    Wow keep up on things actually try their website No Contract Prepaid Cell Phones & Unlimited Plan | Boost Mobile | unwronged™ it says right there they offer CDMA. they have since December 2009
    Posted by M.T.A.C. If you don't know us it's a good thing, If You do know us You had better Run.
    CrackBerry User

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by m.t.a.c. View Post
    wow keep up on things actually try their website no contract prepaid cell phones & unlimited plan | boost mobile | unwronged™ it says right there they offer cdma. They have since december 2009
    also why don't you people call boost mobile customer care 18882667848 they will plainly tell you that all you need to do is release your phone from an existing sprint account or transfer ownership of the device boost does not use sim cards for their cdma network all the need is the meid dec and the meid hex. No flashing is needed. Once again the number is 1 888 266 7848 or boostmobile.com
    Posted by M.T.A.C. If you don't know us it's a good thing, If You do know us You had better Run.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by M.T.A.C. View Post
    also why don't you people call boost mobile customer care 18882667848 they will plainly tell you that all you need to do is release your phone from an existing sprint account or transfer ownership of the device boost does not use sim cards for their cdma network all the need is the meid dec and the meid hex. No flashing is needed. Once again the number is 1 888 266 7848 or boostmobile.com
    I called Boost today as am trying to use my new Sprint BB (8530) with Boost. They said they will only activate a Boost phone (nothing else). They would not transfer my Sprint account to Boost. They also said that only the BBs they currently offer can be used on their servers. The 8530 is not one of them. If anyone knows differently please let me know. I've unlocked my phone but need the PRL files to flash it to Boost and then will call them back and see if that works.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

No, you can use an 8530 on Boost Mobile.
    Just, all of you, purchase a Boost Mobile branded 8530!
    It's easy as 1-2-3, really. You don't need to hassle with all of this flashing and stuff.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    ecumings08 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i really hate to break it to ya, but i have a blackberry curve 8530, that is most certainly a boost mobile!!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

they most certainly do not use sim cards, or mine old sim card would work in it and it does not!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Help

i have managed to get my msl for my sprint blackberry curve 8530 phone...but i am stuck
    im a noob.....now after getting the msl code how do i remove all sprints crap so i can use on boostmobile ....and by the way boost mobile is iden/cdma they offer both.....and to my knowledge (as i go through alot of phones!!)the 8530 is a sprint version and the 8330 is boostmobile....but i could be wrong!!

Thx for the hlp in advance!!!!

AND IF ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THERE MSL CODE LET ME KNOW AND
    I WILL HELP OR SEND YOU THE INFO....PRETTY SIMPLE!!!!
    Last edited by I_HATE_SPRINT; 12-19-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: FORGOT TO MENTION
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I_HATE_SPRINT View Post
    i have managed to get my msl for my sprint blackberry curve 8530 phone...but i am stuck
    im a noob.....now after getting the msl code how do i remove all sprints crap so i can use on boostmobile ....and by the way boost mobile is iden/cdma they offer both.....and to my knowledge (as i go through alot of phones!!)the 8530 is a sprint version and the 8330 is boostmobile....but i could be wrong!!

Thx for the hlp in advance!!!!

AND IF ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THERE MSL CODE LET ME KNOW AND
    I WILL HELP OR SEND YOU THE INFO....PRETTY SIMPLE!!!!
    MSL code anyone can program it. You have to find a ship willing to flash it to boost. Without the esn being added to their database it will not function correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Boost Mobile

Sorry to say that you may need to purchase a new BB if you want to use Boost Mobile... It will save you lots of time also...

You can pick one up at http://refillmyminutes.com for less than a hundred bucks and Free FedEx shipping. Boost also rewards you for on-time payments.

Just go to "products/shop for phones/phones without plans"

I got mine there and love it!
    Last edited by wireless one; 08-06-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question from METRO pcs

hi all.. sorry if this is not the right thread, but did not find any better, and was not sure that starting a new one would have been a good idea..

shortly, I've got a Metro PCS BB curve 8530, with no SIM in it. After something less than two years, now I've got to spend a long shot in Europe, and I would like to put an Italian SIM and exploit my phone via an Italian carrier. What is the right way? unlocking? flashing? any hint?

p.s.: I'm already in Europe, and the curve is with me.

thank you in advance!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaliaragorn View Post
    hi all.. sorry if this is not the right thread, but did not find any better, and was not sure that starting a new one would have been a good idea..

shortly, I've got a Metro PCS BB curve 8530, with no SIM in it. After something less than two years, now I've got to spend a long shot in Europe, and I would like to put an Italian SIM and exploit my phone via an Italian carrier. What is the right way? unlocking? flashing? any hint?

p.s.: I'm already in Europe, and the curve is with me.

thank you in advance!
    It's useless to you there because carriers there use GSM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question from METRO pcs

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierUnlock View Post
    It's useless to you there because carriers there use GSM.
    well, in europe 3G are WCDMA, ain't it ok?

anyways, is there the possibility to flash the phone, and make it work?

(sorry for the silly questions).
    f
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Default Unlocking Blackberry Curve 8530

Can flash a CDMA phone to a gsm network. Must be able to unlock it if it has a I'm card slot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD