CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Unlocking Blackberry Curve

ok.. I'm looking at a Blackberry Curve that a co worker wants to sell. I have AT&T and this is a TMobile. He says all I have to do is unlock it.

I'm so not familiar with this stuff... I usually just stick to AT&T phones and they set it all up for me

Is there a code I can get? How do I do it?? I need help!!!

Am I getting myself into something too hard? Let me know before I buy it!!

Thanks!

Monica
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    UID10TER

No double posting please.

T-Mobile and ATT use different 3G frequencies. While the phone can be unlocked and used some functions will not work. Better to stick to phones that are fully compatible IMHO.
    CrackBerry User

Blackberrys are very easy to unlock. Go to FreeMyBlackberry.com. You'll have to wait 24-48 hours for a free code, or you can pay about 3 bucks for an instant one.

Quote Originally Posted by sedalia066 View Post
    T-Mobile and ATT use different 3G frequencies. While the phone can be unlocked and used some functions will not work. Better to stick to phones that are fully compatible IMHO.
    Good point, the OP should check carefully before committing to buy.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

The biggest problem tends to occur when people are unlocking a 2G compatible Curve and then attempting to use a Three SIM card. For future ref, people need to be aware which frequencies there phones are compatible with, as not all phones will work with all networks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Default Unlocking Blackberry Curve

Quote Originally Posted by mfermin View Post
    ok.. I'm looking at a Blackberry Curve that a co worker wants to sell. I have AT&T and this is a TMobile. He says all I have to do is unlock it.

I'm so not familiar with this stuff... I usually just stick to AT&T phones and they set it all up for me

Is there a code I can get? How do I do it?? I need help!!!

Am I getting myself into something too hard? Let me know before I buy it!!

Thanks!

Monica
    You do need a code either purchase or from the carrier. Simple how to instructions on how to enter it and just pop in your SIM card.