Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Unlocked 9900 WIFI stopped working

I just unlocked my Bold 9900 and the WiFi stopped working. I went in the settings and deleted my WiFi info and re-entered everything but it still does not work. I am using Opera mini as the browser and the BB Browser and it says "Unable to Connect" The connection and network shows up on my phone but it will not allow me to connect. Does anyone know what can be done to fix this?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Try a reboot

Battery pull will often resolve issues like this. Always the first thing too try at least.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I have done the reboot, pulled battery. Nothing works. I am sure one of the settings changed or somehow got blocked but after looking in the service books and other settings I cannot find anything
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertsalazar79416 View Post
    I have done the reboot, pulled battery. Nothing works. I am sure one of the settings changed or somehow got blocked but after looking in the service books and other settings I cannot find anything
    Are you on a BES?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Try getting in touch with the network. If you are able to make or receive phone calls, then it may just be a settings update that the network will be happy to talk you through.

Quote Originally Posted by robertsalazar79416 View Post
    I am using Opera mini as the browser and the BB Browser and it says "Unable to Connect" The connection and network shows up on my phone but it will not allow me to connect.
    Reality check please... "connection and network show up" is confusing me, I'm not sure which stage is failing - you could be describing a failure to connect to your local access point, failure to get Blackberry service over WiFi, failure because external links in the web path are not responding...
    Go into Manage Connections and look whether the phone is connected to your WiFi access point (checkmark and and SSID name). It should also show the SSID of the connected WiFi on your home screen.
    If it is connected to WiFi look to see whether the WiFi indicator on your home screen shows you have access to BB data (goes from grey to bright white). If you're not sure, go into WiFi diagnostics (Manage Connections/Wifi network/<menu button>/Troubleshoot/Wifi Diagnostics and check there.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones