03-27-11 06:37 PM
- I've seen that If I buy a BB from the US and unlock it then I would not be able to have a data plan from BB due to the loss of the PIN.. is that true???
I want a BB data plan with TELCEL (my carrier) but I don't want to buy a phone that would be just a phone I love data plans... My n95 works perfect but IDK if the BB data plans work with unlocked phones...
Thanks for any advice09-16-08 03:38 PM
- I have a BB curve 8310 that I unlocked with GSM. The phone was locked to Rogers/Fido in Canada. I am now in Italy and I have talked to Vodafone about a new sim card for the phone in Italy. To make it work I am told I must download a wap from the vodafone web site. I am returning to Canada in two weeks and I will want to use my Rogers sim and my Rogers phone plan. What do I have to do to the phone for it to work properly with Rogers when I return home?09-23-08 01:06 PM
- Reed McLayRetired ModeratorI have a BB curve 8310 that I unlocked with GSM. The phone was locked to Rogers/Fido in Canada. I am now in Italy and I have talked to Vodafone about a new sim card for the phone in Italy. To make it work I am told I must download a wap from the vodafone web site. I am returning to Canada in two weeks and I will want to use my Rogers sim and my Rogers phone plan. What do I have to do to the phone for it to work properly with Rogers when I return home?
You need to aquire the correct unlock code, but that is a problem in itself. Rogers has a policy of not providing unlock codes. You will have to go through a third party vendor for the code and you may have to wait a couple weeks to get it.
On the positive side, there will be no issues when you return to Canada.
The rep that advised you to download their WAP Browser is mistaken. It will not help.09-23-08 01:10 PM
- When I install the vodafone sim card the telephone works to send and receive calls but sending and receiving e-mails does not work. Is there a way to send and receive e-mails and pins using my vodafone sim card in Italy? I have already unlocked the phone using an outside service.09-23-08 01:38 PM
- I am not using a BIS account. I am just using gmail. When I go into Advance Options, Enterprise Activation, and put in the email address and password, and select Activate, I get an acquiring service connection message, then I get activation request failed and then a service connection is not available message I have tried it several times with the same result. I can also surf with the browser so I have an internet connection.
NJM09-23-08 04:35 PM
- Unless you are using a BES account, you cannot activate the Enterprise. The password that's requested is not your email password or device password. Instead it's a one-time activation password that you get from your IT department. BES users are normally corporate users. Consumer users are normally on BIS accounts. That sounds like what you have.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-23-08 05:52 PM
- If you are using an unlocked phone on another carrier (Vodaphone in your case) then you will need to buy a data plan from them. Essentially what you have done is change carriers. The SIM card allows access to voice and SMS services ONLY unless you activate a data plan. You would need to ask if they will do this "short Term"09-25-08 06:06 AM
- Pls see the response I got from a Rogers rep.
Re: Unlocked Blackberry Curve on Rogers
Originally Posted by njm
I will be in Italy for two weeks and I wanted to use a Vodafone sim in my BB. I talked to Vodafone and was told I must download a new wap from the Vodafone web site. If I do download the wap file will my BB work properly when I return home and re-insert my Rogers sim card?
Quote from Rogers
you would have different WAP settings as they would be set for vodafone instead of Rogers. You should consider creating a new profile for Vodafone settings instead, if at all possible.
Does anyone know how to create a new profile for Vodafone settings?
njm09-27-08 03:42 AM
I'm from The Bahamas and I'm able to use a phone that was given to me from someone living in the states. It was unlocked for the sim but when I want to use the data plan here, its still saying 'Activation Required' at the top. I was told it even though the sim is unlocked, Verizon still has the data plan locked onto their network. How can I get this unlocked so I can use in The Bahamas. Its a BB 9630.03-27-11 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD