- CrackBerry User
07-30-2009, 11:27 AM #2
- 35 Posts
What do you mean "unlock"? In comparison to a device like the iPhone, you are as unlocked as you can be.
Do you mean unlocking the use of the SIM card when using it internationally? If that's the case, you'd have to contact your carrier. I know Verizon will do it if you've been with them for so long.Insert clever signature here...
- CrackBerry User
07-30-2009, 11:39 AM #3
- 47 Posts
Verizon will do it if you have been a customer for more than 90 days. I was forced to go thru a web site. I went with unlockkings.com and I they where great. I ordered my code thursday at 10pm and got my code the next day at noon they where real quick just a little bit pricey. Hope this helps
In the US, I've always used prepaid because it's cheaper, while the internet plan in Indonesia is only $10 per month. I wonder how much do I have to pay if I use the cheapest plan from Verizon that includes the internet. Do I really have to pay $90 every month for two years??We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world
- CrackBerry Abuser
08-07-2009, 09:45 PM #7
- 311 Posts
- S SHOULD ALWAYS BE ASKED FOR!
^^ Theres a good thread.
I used this method:
"HOLY CRAP, this worked! I can't believe it! No BS! However, I do have some slightly revised instructions based on how I did it.
1. Call 1-888-844-0395. This is the Verizon Wireless Global Phone Support number.
2. Tell them you want to unlock your Tour because of whatever reason. I told them I'm going to Singapore for 2 weeks and that I've already looked into their rates.
3. They send you an email with the terms and conditions (while you're still on the phone)
4. Ask them to just walk you through the directions (since you can't do it if you're calling from the phone you're trying to unlock), but most importantly make sure they give you that unlock code.
5. Hang up, Turn off all connections.
6. Go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
7. Once in the Sim card menu, enter on your keypad "mepd"
8. This will bring up more info on your SIM card. Now enter on the keypad "mep2"
9. It will ask you for the unlock code the Verizon rep just gave you.
10. Enter the code and if entered correctly, it'll say something like "Code Accepted"
11. Do a battery pull, turn connections back on, and you're ready to go!
Took me like 5 min!"
Posted by rclee820.
This worked for me as well.LG VX3200: Samsung SCH-N330: LG "V": Samsung Alias: Samsung Gleam: Samsung U540: Blackberry Tour
PM ME YOUR PIN IF YOU WANT TO CHAT
Have a Nice Day