Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default sim card : security disabled after unlocking

hi guys i have successfully unlocked my blackberry curve ( network is disabled) but still cant make calls the top of the screen states "sim card : security disabled" could someone please advise me what to do next ... thanks

ben
    CrackBerry User

I'm not sure what you've tried, but how about going into settings, Advanced Options > SIM Card? Once there, press the BB button and then select Enable Security. Oh, this is based on OS .114.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yeah i get the screen asking for the code however what code is this .... the pin code for my sim or ? i dont want to lock it !
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    13,015 Global Posts

Sounds like you might need a new SIM card.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone figure this out yet? Heres my situation:

I have an unlocked 9700. I bought a Torch last week and got everything transferred over...I ended up not liking the Torch, so I put my sim back in my 9700 and am using that phone now....a few nights ago I had to do a complete wipe on the 9700, and I installed OS build .862 (I was running build .602 before the wipe)....I noticed today that when I go into options > advanced options > SIM card at the top of the screen it says "SIM Card: Security disabled", and entering MEPD does nothing...

If I press menu and select "activate security", Im prompted to "Enter PIN code (3 left)".

How do I get this PIN code???
    BB History: Curve 8310 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 -->
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Anyone figure this out yet? Heres my situation:

I have an unlocked 9700. I bought a Torch last week and got everything transferred over...I ended up not liking the Torch, so I put my sim back in my 9700 and am using that phone now....a few nights ago I had to do a complete wipe on the 9700, and I installed OS build .862 (I was running build .602 before the wipe)....I noticed today that when I go into options > advanced options > SIM card at the top of the screen it says "SIM Card: Security disabled", and entering MEPD does nothing...

If I press menu and select "activate security", Im prompted to "Enter PIN code (3 left)".

How do I get this PIN code???
    OK, well I kinda figured this out....

To enable my SIM security, I needed my PUK (Pin Unlock Key). To get that Key code, I had to log into my at&t wireless account online, then select "my services", then select "My phone/device", then "Unblock SIM card", and it gave me my 8-digit PUK code.

I then went back to Options > Advanced options > SIM card on my phone, and entered an incorrect SIM pin code 3 times, which locked the sim...then I went to menu and selected "Unblock SIM card", and entered the PUK code. I was then able to create a new SIM pin code.

....now for the kicker...it seems that the only thing enabling SIM Card security does is prompt me to enter the code on a reboot...so I went back in and re-disabled the Sim card security...

LOL...Im a doofus sometimes...getting all worked up for no reason...
    Last edited by Average Joe; 08-15-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    BB History: Curve 8310 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 -->
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Quote Originally Posted by benjwalsh View Post
    hi guys i have successfully unlocked my blackberry curve ( network is disabled) but still cant make calls the top of the screen states "sim card : security disabled" could someone please advise me what to do next ... thanks

ben
    It's normal that it says that. Network=Disabled/Inactive means the phone is unlocked. What message do you get when you try to make calls?
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

i got my phone today from ebay. i put simcard but the simcard is not detected... the phone doesnt ask me for my pin code...

help?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

i got my phone today from ebay. i put simcard but the simcard is not detected... the phone doesnt ask me for my pin code...

help?
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Quote Originally Posted by sgpika View Post

help?
    We replied to other threads, which SIM are you tying to use?
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,110 Global Posts

LOL he posted in 3 threads!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

im trying to use vodafone Portugal / TMN portugal / optimus portugal. ( 3 diferent portuguese carrier's)
    i can turn the phone ON with all simcards, but he doesnt ask for the PIN-code...
    and when i click to turn the network ON he says "insert simcard"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

i put some paper on the back of the simcard and now it detects :O
    wtf.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

It sounds like a broken sim slot. like sgpika does, just use a paper to make it pushed. hope you will get it working.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi i am currently using a blackberry curve 9360 and it say orange but it wont let me call out it says on setting security disabled i pressed tht bb button and it said enable security i clicked on it and it said i need a pin code how do i find out or get that code
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Everyone!!!
    I have a Blackberry 8520 am in South Africa, when I go to Options>Advanced options>simcard I do not get a blank screen this the info I get:
    -------
    ID: XXXXXXXXXXX (A Lot of numbers displayed here)
    Phone Numbers:
    Unknown number
    Unknown number

-------
    Please help me I want to unlock the network and but where do I enter the MEP Code

Please Help
    CrackBerry Newbie

hye. my blackberry now security disable..what next?what the advantage?