- CrackBerry Newbie
- 4 Posts
Question About 'Unlocked' BlackBerry 9300
Hi! I just bought a blackberry on kijiji because I'm travelling overseas to South Africa and the service there is primarily BlackBerry only. I have to buy my SIM card there, but I have to take an unlocked BlackBerry with me.
The BlackBerry I just bought was advertised as unlocked from Telus (I live in Canada), but I'm not sure if it is. I went to the settings after I got home (I'm really new with this stuff and didn't know how to check it at the mall) and opened up the Identity and Associations and I see this:Personalization:
Now does this mean that my BlackBerry is still locked? I also don't have a SIM card to use if I wanted to attempt to unlock it myself, plus I'm nervous in case I'd screw everything up and hardlock the model. Would I be able to take this to a service and have it unlocked for me for a reasonable price?
Thank you for your time! =)
Last edited by Alix_taylor; 02-23-13 at 01:22 AM.
- 02-23-13, 06:01 PM #2
Welcome to Crackberry!
Yes, your Telus 9300 is still locked as it says active next to Service Provider
You can ask Telus for the unlock code or buy one and enter it in the phone.
- 02-26-13, 07:13 AM #5
Just to let you know when the Service Provider lock is active, you'll need the unlock code often labelled "MEP4" - that's the code that removes that specific lock.
If you try to use the code labelled "MEP2" which most people do, that will attempt to remove the Network lock, which isn't active on your phone.
All the best.
- By shoesobjects in forum Business UsersReplies: 17Last Post: 04-23-09, 04:06 PM
- By Serdna23 in forum AT&TReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-08, 04:14 PM
- By SasAttack in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 03-23-08, 05:55 PM
- By jenziebenzie in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 0Last Post: 02-17-08, 04:15 PM
- By Duende28 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-18-07, 09:39 AM