I have the unlock code.
I do not have service with anyone at this point.
I removed the battery.
I installed a new sim card from Tmobile.
I turned off the connections.
It is set to 1XEV.
Caps locked and entered MEPD2
MEP unlock screen did not appear.
Caps locked and and entered MEPPD2.
Caps locked and entered MEP2
Caps locked and entered MEPP2
Did all of above with no caps locked.
Did all of the above after turning off and on
my BB between tries.
Did all of the above after removing/reinstalling
battery and sim card between tries.
MEP unlock screen did not appear.
Changed to GSM / 3G2G
Repeated above steps.
Repeated above with Verizon SIM.
Repeated above with no SIM.
Phone says "No Valid Sim Card"
at the very tippy top of the screen.
THE DAMN MEP UNLOCK SCREEN WILL NOT APPEAR !
Last edited by lucrecia; 02-20-09 at 07:16 PM.
Reason: editing content
i also had this problem too,but i fixed it doing this:
1.- insert the verizon sim
2.- turn off all the conections and network, including bluetooth
3.- go to sim properties
4.- type mepd in qwerty mode, withouth the caps activated, and then type meppd, or mep2
5.- a screen asking you to type the unlock code will appear,
6.- type your code
To unlock the phone, the original Verizon Wireless SIM card must be in the phone.
1. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card
2. Flip your phone to horizontal mode and bring up the keyboard. To bring up the keyboard, hit the BlackBerry button and press Show Keyboard.
3. Type "MEPD" without the quotes. This will bring up the SIM Card screen.
4. You should see a list of Active and Disabled SIM locking categories.
5. This time type "MEP2"
6. You should get a dialog that says "Enter Network MEP code (10 left):"
7. Enter the SIM unlock code you got from Verizon and hit the Enter button.
***MAKE SURE YOU TYPE IT EXACTLY AS YOU WERE GIVEN IT*** If you type it incorrect 10 times, you will render your phone useless. If it doesnt work after the first 2 times, call Verizon back and verify the number you got is right.
Now that it is unlocked:
1. Pull the battery out and pull the Verizon SIM card out. Easiest way is with a pencil eraser.
2. Put the new SIM card from either TMobile of ATT in and put the battery back in.
3. When the phone finally boots back up go to Options -> Mobile Network
4. Change the Network Technology to GSM/UMTS
5. Hit the back button and wait as your GSM carrier is detected and the phone is registered with them.
I do have the original verizon sim card in the phone when i do this. MEP2 doesnt seem to make the screen to enter MEP to appear.
the problem is that the screen to enter the MEP code will not appear. After i enter mepd it says
network subset: disabled
service provider: disabled
the problem is that the screen to enter the MEP code will not appear.
The reason it won't appear is because there is an invalid SIM card in the phone.
Originally Posted by lucrecia
I installed a new sim card from Tmobile...
...Phone says "No Valid Sim Card"
at the very tippy top of the screen...
quyen101: I was responding to the OP - it could be because the phone has never been activated or has been blacklisted as lost or stolen. (Mine says the exact same thing as yours except Network is "Inactive" not "Blocked.")
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.