- CrackBerry Genius
- 2,244 Posts
How to unlock Blackberry Curve 9320 / 9220 phones
Blackberry Curve 9320 and 9220 is now available.
If you are going to buy a Blackberry Curve 9320 / 9220 and use it with a Sim cards from more then one GSM carrier you will need to unlock your Blackberry.
Unlocking your Blackberry will disable the Sim lock, your Blackberry will be "SIM free", it means that you can use many GSM carriers (worldwide) with your unlocked Blackberry phone.
The new Curve Blackberry devices are low-priced Blackberry phones.
the frequency bands for 2G speeds are GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
How to unlock Blackberry Curve 9320 / 9220
To unlock your Blackberry Curve 9320 you will need to get the unlock code first.
The unlock code is a unique code for each Blackberry phone.
You can use any Blackberry unlocking service to order your unlock code. you will need the IMEI # of your Blackberry to order the unlock code.
To find the IMEI # just dial * # 0 6 #
The unlock code is calculated with the IMEI # and there are a few methods to get your unlock code - it can be the PRD method, the MEP ID method or the model & carrier selection method.
when using the carrier selection method remember that you need to select the carrier your Blackberry is locked to (the original carrier that your Blackberry was branded for).
The PRD is printed on the sticker on the backside of your Blackberry (under the battery)
If you already have the unlock code for your Blackberry simply follow the unlocking instructions for your Blackberry Curve 9320 / 9220 device:
1) Get a Sim card from a GSM carrier which is not the original carrier of your Blackberry.
2) Insert the SIM card into the sim slot of your Blackberry Curve 9320 / 9220
3) Turn on your Blackberry, a massage will pop up asking you if you want to unlock your Blackberry using a MEP unlock code, select yes and use enter your unlock code.
4) You Blackberry is unlocked and you can now use it with any GSM carrier supported by the frequency bands of your Blackberry Curve 9320 / 9220.
If the first method to use the unlock code is not available there is another way to unlock your Blackberry Curve 9320:
1) From the menu go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Sim Card
2) From the "Sim card" screen press the button: M E P D
3) The screen that will be opened is the "SIM card Personalization Screen", you will see there are the SIM locks of your Blackberry.
If the "Service provider" is active - hold the [ALT] key and type MEP4
if the "Network" is active - hold the [ALT] key and type MEP2
4) a request for the unlock code will be displayed, type the unlock code and press enter.
5) your Blackberry will be restarted and unlocked.
- CrackBerry Newbie
05-30-2012, 07:32 AM #2
- 10 Posts
Thanks for the instructions, but how can you be competitive if you can find websites where they do the same and only for 2.99? Your price is to high, and you are offering a service that by today, you can find dozens of places where they offer the same and cheapest. I hope you reconsider this and get some public.
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-30-2012, 03:44 PM #4
- 412 Posts
Unlock Blackberry Bold 9320 / 9220 how to unlock
Thanks for posting the instructions for the users here.
We played around with one of these for a few days, It's a decent phone at a great price.
Love the battery and small size!
We can also unlock any 9320 / 9220 from any network worldwide.
If any one has any unlocking questions feel free to ask us or any of the other good unlocking co's on hereBlackberryCodeSource
Current Phones Z10, Q10, iP5, Samsung GNote 2, HTC One!
Best of all........ Q10!!!!!
- 07-26-2012, 04:40 AM #9
It is also important to remember that many of the different suppliers online provide a different level of service.
For instance, some provide a money back guarantee and offer customer support. Other services may not even include the instructions you need to enter the code.
Just bear that in mind when your picking which service to use and what is more important to you.
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-17-2012, 06:03 AM #11
- 3 Posts
unlock code/no code no response!
I'm still waiting on my unlock code, the page still says, "calculating unlock code" after six hours, I've made the payment and everything. I've sent you guys two emails so far, no response. How long will this take? not to mention the courtesy to respond in the meantime, whilst I wait. Last time I used your website, I had the same problem. No response, no code for nearly 24 hours. Disappointing service!!!
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-17-2012, 06:04 AM #12
- 3 Posts
- 03-09-2013, 01:18 AM #21
1. Try using another sim card or try the sim card (that says invalid in your 9320) in another device to ensure it works to make sure it's not the sim card itself.
2. Ensure the frequency the carrier you are using works with the device you have!
- 03-15-2013, 02:02 AM #23
Simpleunlocking.com here they will ask country,IMEI number of your phone,Network provider to which it is locked.Then they deliver unlock code to you through mail. By using this you can unlock your mobile easily. After unlocking it you can use any GSM sim in your mobile.