CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to unlock a blackberry curve 8530 CDMA network to use a simcard?

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 on the CDMA network and need to unlock this or somehow get it so that I can use it on any open-line network. I believe I saw somewhere that for CDMA network phones need to be "Flashed" and I have no idea what or how this is done. The phone does not have a SIM Card and from what I have read from the unlocking companies they can only unlock phones with sim cards. I like the 8530 and would like to use it.

Any help on this topic would be useful.

This type of cell phone for my line of work is totally perfect for what i need it for.. thats why I am trying so hard to find out on how can I get this unlocked so i can use this phone..

Can someone please give me some information about how can this be done?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

You cannot use an 8530 with a SIM card. The hardware is completely different.

Flashing refers to allowing the device to be used with a compatible CDMA carrier that allows a device branded to a different carrier to be activated on their network. (Note that most CDMA carriers do not allow this.)

If you need to use a GSM network, then you should look at the 8520.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,183 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Step 1. Remove 8530 housing,
    Step 2. Acquire an 8520.
    Step 3. Switch the internals of the 8520 to your 8530 (Housing).
    Step 4. Assemble.
    Step 5. Done!

Side effects: No GPS,
    Voided warranty,
    You will have a leftover 8520 with the inside of a 8530 (Aka an 8530 with an 8520 housing)
    You will take a punch to the wallet.
    Your new 8530 will think it is an 8520.
    All OS will need to be for the 8520.

In short, Just sell your 8530 and buy an 8520. There is no way.
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    CrackBerry Genius

Strickly CDMA devices cannot be unlocked.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by surreyman32 View Post
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 on the CDMA network and need to unlock this or somehow get it so that I can use it on any open-line network. I believe I saw somewhere that for CDMA network phones need to be "Flashed" and I have no idea what or how this is done. The phone does not have a SIM Card and from what I have read from the unlocking companies they can only unlock phones with sim cards. I like the 8530 and would like to use it.

Any help on this topic would be useful.

This type of cell phone for my line of work is totally perfect for what i need it for.. thats why I am trying so hard to find out on how can I get this unlocked so i can use this phone..

Can someone please give me some information about how can this be done?
    Flashing isn't always as successful as unlocking.