Hey everybody, We are Unlockthatphone.com. Still getting a lot of pm's and questions about the 9780 and it's capabillties.
Here is a quick run down of how to unlock your blackberry bold 9780 by unlock code.
Directions are the same for every Carrier in the World.
First, Get an Unlock code from Us.. Unlockthatphone, or any other of the great seller's on the forums! Or you can always call your carrier. Once you receive the unlock code....
1. Go to Options
2. Select Device
3. Select Advanced Systems Settings
4. Click On Sim Card
4. Type in MEPD (note: you will not see the letters when you type them in) This step opens up the personalization of the device
5. Type in MEP than the "alt" button, and than the number 2
That will bring up the Mep box, this is where you enter the "unlock code" that you received.
Enter, it will say "code accepted" and your phone is unlocked!!! You can now use it for every GSM Network in the world.
Any questions please PM us or check our Signature.
Last edited by Unlockthatphone.com; 12-22-10 at 11:39 AM.
Sorry, those aren't actually the instructions...these are the correct instructions for the 9780:
Please follow these steps EXACTLY:
1. Insert accepted (carrier) SIM card
2. Power on the handset (wireless option should be off)
3. Scroll to Options and press the trackpad
4. Scroll to Device
5. Select Advanced System Settings
6. Scroll to SIM Card and press the trackpad
7. Type MEPD (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
8. Type MEP2 (2 is alt + E)
9. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code".
10. Type in the unlockcode provided by TheRemoteUnlocker.com:
11. Press the Enter Key
12. Device is unlocked!
I am going to keep this thread going considering it's still one of the top selling blackberry's before this summer. if anyone has any questions please ask us or the other great seller's online. Not to mention lots of help here on the forums from non selling members!
You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!