Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierUnlock View Post
    You probably didn't enter one or the other.
    What do you mean?
    CrackBerry Newbie

It seems that i maybe need a MEP3. From where can i get this?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had purchased blackberry 9530 from a person in USA who used this phone through Verizone. I had unlock it but i am not able to use internet services on the phone. For this I had contacted Verizone to unlock data services but they refused to do so.
    Can you please help me to unlock data / internet services so that I am able to use internet on this phone.
    Someone has informed me that I need to set up APN settings is it right?
    Kindly help me for the same.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i had the same problem with an 8700c at&t phone on a cdma sim card.... it cant communicate on cdma....it is a gsm network
    Last edited by jarbeaub; 07-29-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: posted in the wrong thread...
    CrackBerry Newbie

if you are on a gsm network and try a cdma sim it wont work... gave me the same sos...
    CrackBerry Newbie

But I am using GSM Number on it. The issue is I am able to use voice services (incoming and outgoing) but I am not able to use internet services / Blackberry services. I had asked APN Number from Verizone but they are not giving me the number. What should I do?
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Quote Originally Posted by anurag2882 View Post
    But I am using GSM Number on it. The issue is I am able to use voice services (incoming and outgoing) but I am not able to use internet services / Blackberry services. I had asked APN Number from Verizone but they are not giving me the number. What should I do?
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan with your provider? if so you will need to load the Service Books manually.
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Service book installation.

I had tried to do the same as under:
    -> Option
    -> Advanced option
    -> Service Book
    But after that I had not found any new service book or any other option. It was totally blank.
    What should I do? Any other option?
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by anurag2882 View Post
    I had tried to do the same as under:
    -> Option
    -> Advanced option
    -> Service Book
    But after that I had not found any new service book or any other option. It was totally blank.
    What should I do? Any other option?
    Yes looks like you are missing the Service Books, which provider are you using the Blackberry with?
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Indian Service Provider Reliance Communication (GSM).
    And one other issue of BES Network.
    Could you please inform BB 9530 had WiFi facility in the handset? But in my phone I have not seen any kind of WiFi sign.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Need help

I just moved overseas and want to unlock my blackberry curve but Verizon says there is no unlock code and I don't have the sim card option on my phone. anyone know what to do?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

1) The 9530 does not have wifi

2) The curve from Verizon is not GSM compatible so will not work overseas unfortunately.

Sorry for the bad news guys
    Visit us for all of your Unlocking Solutions at: TheRemoteUnlocker.com
    Always offering $10 unlock codes!!

Call us in Toronto at 647.478.7505 OR TOLL-FREE in the US at 1.877.806.2088, or Email us at sales@theremoteunlocker.com
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ceciprov View Post
    I just moved overseas and want to unlock my blackberry curve but Verizon says there is no unlock code and I don't have the sim card option on my phone. anyone know what to do?

If there is no sim card slot in your phone than it cannot be unlocked.
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by ceciprov View Post
    As mentioned above, only phones that have SIM card slots can be unlocked to be used on other GSM networks.

What's the model of your Blackberry?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Verizon Curves cant be unlocked for that reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

last few cmda curves that have been released havn't been unlockable which is a shame every person should have that option. Especially from the carriers' point of view the customer should at least be able to unlock for overseas.
    CrackBerry User

Hey everyone, I am purchasing a BB 9700 that supposedly unlocked. Once I see it I will check it. My main concern is it is going to be used with Sask Tel. Do I just need to buy the Sim card from Sask Tel and out it in and get a plan through them?
    CrackBerry Newbie

My torch 9800 was just unlocked, I slid in my sim from verizon and nothing happens what do I need to do. I checked it is diffenately unlocked? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by jsanders View Post
    You should not need a SIM card, I never have.

On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list.

If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.
    Thanked by:
    LFRojo (01-27-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Default cant tell if phone is unlocked or not...

my cousin gave me his old BB tour 9630, and i think i like it better than my brand new curve, and i may want to unlock the 9630, i tried the steps given below but it wont work even if i try the different modes under mobile network technology...there was GSM/UMTS, 1XEV and GLOBAL, then i went to sim card where there is a 19 digit id number andthe phone number for the sim card i put in which is not in serviceby the way, just was trying one out to see if anything different happened,then if this helps,i went to service book and looked under hrt and it said any network and im not sure what that means, but my original subject would be why cant i get the phone to let me know if this phone is unlocked or not, my cousin says it might be than he doesnt know. oh and my other thing if this helps it that the phone has a sprint symbol on it but when i go to make an outgoing call its a verizon recording saying not in service...hhmmmmm>>>>thanks for any help.....
    JayBeansBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Default Unlocking Blackberry phones and Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by bwj1450 View Post
    My torch 9800 was just unlocked, I slid in my sim from verizon and nothing happens what do I need to do. I checked it is diffenately unlocked? Please help
    Blackberry Torch 9800 is a GSM device that can be unlocked, after unlocking it you can use any SIM card of any GSM carrier.

Verizon is a CDMA carrier, the SIM cards found on Verizon devices are made for GSM Overseas use - that means that you need to have it activated for overseas and then you can use it in other countries outside the US.
    What i'm saying that a Blackberry from Verizon with a SIM card will also work if you will remove the SIM card because CDMA carriers are not working with SIM cards, the phone line / number is programed into the phone and it's a different radio then the GSM.

You can unlock Blackberry Verizon handset that has a SIM slot and use a SIM card from At&t / T-Mobile or any other GSM carrier - unlocking a GSM Blackberry device will make it SIM free and work with valid SIM cards, your Verizon SIM card is not valid in the USA / without overseas plan.
    CrackBerry Addict

Agree with blackberry-unlocking710, i think they have explained you in detail. if you still have any confusion do ask please.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

Default Re: How to tell if your BB is unlocked?

Hello, I'm going to Central America next week and I have a Bold 9900 from AT&T. I won a free unlock code from CrackBerry and unlocked my device, however I have been reading about people having issues even after their phone being unlocked with using a sim from a different carrier because the PIN may still be locked to the carrier. I just got off the phone with AT&T and all they could do for me was try to unlock the sim(I've already done). Do you think that's all I need and I'm good to go?
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN

Default Re: How to tell if your BB is unlocked?

You should be OK. AT&T rarely blocks the PIN. Just make sure to get a Data plan there which is provisioned with Blackberry Data. If you need help feel free to contact us and we will assist you the best we can.
    Thanked by:
    Kat0908 (10-26-2012) 
    Kat0908 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

what if a menu doesnt pop up, does this mean my phone is hard locked?
    CrackBerry Newbie

How could I find it in a BB Q10.
    THANKS
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast