Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to tell if your BB is unlocked?

I just got my unlock code from ATT and am at work so I do not have access to a competators sim card. Is there a visual way to determine if the unlock code worked or do I need to wait until I can use my buddies tmoblie sim?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

You should not need a SIM card, I never have.

On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list.

If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    Thanked by:
    Eugene Simmons Sr (04-16-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just got my 8800 unlocked and was wondering the same thing
    I just followed your directions and mine says disabled
    Thanks
  4. muu
    CrackBerry Addict

i just got the email back from tmobile w/ the unlock code for my curve and just so i knew it was working, i just asked my co worker if i could use his sim card to test to see if it was actually unlocked.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks Sanders. Mine said disabled. The woman for ATT did not seem like she knew what she was talking about, so I was somewhat concerned.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

what is the addresd to email tmobile to get the code to unlock my phone??? is the code generic or phone specific. and will this cause any problems with my service provider
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,802 Global Posts

The code is specific to each device. Im not sure how it works on TMo but call them up and perhaps they will give you the code or email it to you. I think you have to be a customer for at least 121 days before they supply it though. It wont cause any problems, otherwise they wouldnt provide it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Wow thanks jsanders I never knew that.
    I saw disabled on mine so I guess its unlocked. Am surprised considering my provider lock all the fones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I just requested my unlock code from AT&T last night. They said they'd email it to me. How long does it take until they send it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,802 Global Posts

It took about 36 hours for them to email me my code and instructions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

it should be worth the wait avanden; patience
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Unlocked?

My bold says disabled under network and security disabled under simcard but when i try to register my blackberry to the new service provider (i am moving from t-mobile germany to movistar venezuela) supplying my imei and pin number i get the following message "Your blackberry device is registered with a different service provider", why is this and how can i fix it?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking answer...

Brother,

Eso significa que el PIN esta registrado alla en Alemania, tienes que decirle al IT dept que lo saque de sus BES o desactivar el PIN del BIS server de T-Mobile, o con quien hayas tenido el tlf activado... si comprastes el tlf usado tienes que decirle a la persona que lo desactive, si no el tlf nunca te va a servir para la data...

un Compatriota.... que vender tlf alla en CCS
  14. ngreen

Quote Originally Posted by Trokan View Post
    My bold says disabled under network and security disabled under simcard but when i try to register my blackberry to the new service provider (i am moving from t-mobile germany to movistar venezuela) supplying my imei and pin number i get the following message "Your blackberry device is registered with a different service provider", why is this and how can i fix it?
    The pin is locked to t-mobile you need to call them and have them release it so movistar can set up service books
    CrackBerry Newbie

just received my bb curve 8310 today that i bought off ebay...seller described it as unlocked at&t and when i put my tmobile sim card in it says 'no valid sim card'...i tried doing what you said above by going to options-->advanced options--->sim---> but couldnt manage to type in mepd...instead it says 'no valid sim card'...i also have an 'sos' on the corner...any ideas on what i should do to get it to work on my tmobile network? do i need to update the OS since it currently is v4.2.2.170?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just called T-Mo and got to the BB customer service section... They were amazingly helpful. They gave me no pushback at all and promised the unlock code via email in 24-hours... My fingers are crossed, as I have never had them be that helpful with anything else.
    The Venerable Reverend Po-Jay
    CrackBerry Newbie

Okay, so I guess something has changed over there at T-Mo. I closed my account with them and after some doing, had them waive the cancellation fee ($200). Then I called the BB customer service folks and asked them for the unlock code (as mentioned above). The rep said "sure, I will email it to you". Wow... Fat chance, right? I got the email today and now have an unlocked Curve. Check out the email!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mobile
    T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: XXXXXXXX
    IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unlock Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry Curve device.

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
    3. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    4. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    8. Type MEPD
    Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Hold down the Alt key and type in MEP2.
    Note: When typing in MEP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the unlock code.
    11. Press the trackball (code accepted should display)
    12. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    13. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and select Restore Connections.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    I thought I would share, as I am truly amazed. They have a whole department dedicated to this? Wow.
    The Venerable Reverend Po-Jay
    CrackBerry User

I have no clue if I am doing this right. I purchased a code and the person said it will be unlocked remotely. I keep checking in the Advanced Options - Sim Card section but it still shows activated. I am unlocking an ATT 8310 to use on T-Mobile. Do I need to remove my ATT SIM Card?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by riley919 View Post
    I have no clue if I am doing this right. I purchased a code and the person said it will be unlocked remotely. I keep checking in the Advanced Options - Sim Card section but it still shows activated. I am unlocking an ATT 8310 to use on T-Mobile. Do I need to remove my ATT SIM Card?
    I think you got scammed! There is no way to unlock a device remotely via a network or anything like that. You either will need an unlock code specific to your IMEI, or you can send your phone to an unlocking company and they will connect your device to their computer and get the unlock code via a special program that they have. Did the people that you purchased the code from ask for your IMEI number, your device model, and your PIN? If not, then you got hosed my friend. Sorry, but you will need to get the code from ATT or from a reputable unlock service.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I just used "Blowfish06" on eBay. Had my unlock code within 45 minutes. Only cost $3.88. Worked like a charm. Now says, "Sim Card: Security Disabled".
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jsanders View Post
    You should not need a SIM card, I never have.

On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list.

If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.
    what if my advance options does not have a sim card option?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Po-Jay View Post
    Okay, so I guess something has changed over there at T-Mo. I closed my account with them and after some doing, had them waive the cancellation fee ($200). Then I called the BB customer service folks and asked them for the unlock code (as mentioned above). The rep said "sure, I will email it to you". Wow... Fat chance, right? I got the email today and now have an unlocked Curve. Check out the email!

I thought I would share, as I am truly amazed. They have a whole department dedicated to this? Wow.
    I dont have the sim card as a option what does that mean?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    a PINprick on a PINhead

you may not. i'm not familiar with CDMA curves. do they even have sim card slots?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I need to network unlock my 8300 but don't have the money to can anybody help 355772-01-241902-9
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    PIN
    3096D599

Quote Originally Posted by TkSz14 View Post
    I dont have the sim card as a option what does that mean?
    It doesnt apply to you. You're on Sprint like me, there is no SIM card slot on CDMA phones typically unless its marketed as a world phone. There's only like 4 of those on Sprint..the BB 8830, tour and a couple others. The 8330/curve is not one of them.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast