Hi,I tried to follow these steps to unlock my BB but when I press "MEP 2" nothing shows up, and I can not insert the new code. (5)
Can you help?
1. Insert SIM card, on some models the phone will ask you to type the unlock code when it boots if it doesn't please continue to next step
2. Go to "Settings" -> "Options" (or Go to "Options" ->" Device" for 9800, 9780 and other OS 6.0)
3. Select "Advanced options" or "Advanced system settings" -> "SIM Card"
4. Type "mepd" sometimes you need to hold down CAPS (or "meppd" for 8100, 8110, 8120) using your Blackberry keyboard
5. Type "mep2" (or "mepd2" for 8100, 8110, 8120) you must press ALT before your press 2
6. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code"
7. Enter the Unlock Code and press in the enter/track ball/track pad to confirm
8. Device is now unlocked
Ok so i bought a phone off ebay blackberry bold 9900 locked on 02, i also purchased an unlock code and did my imei and all that so i enter my sim and it didnt ask for a code so i did the mep2 thing but it still says my mobile network is off and the sim isnt working??
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.