Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J2daB View Post
    Easy fix w/o buying new sims or anything like that.

from the blackberry website d/l the Zain Kuwait s/w for the 9700.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.726 (Multilanguage) is the version and the file name is

9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel726_PL5.1.0.121_A5.0.0.442_Zain_ Kuwait.exe

here's the link to get it (should work)
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...CBCED31&step=4

d/l and install this s/w on your computer like any other program and go thru the few instructions that there are. when it's done it will ask if you want to start the blackberry desktop software ... DON'T.

once it's installed go to 'my computer-->c:-->program files-->common files -->research in motion-->apploader

in this folder, there is a file called vendor.xml, ***delete this file***

in this folder as well is an program called loader.exe

run this program and go thru the instructions (I recommend choosing the option to backup your settings/emails etc).

takes about a half hour.

when it's done, unplug ur phone and u should be golden.

good luck.
    Their talking about the Bold 9000, not the Bold2 9700.
    CrackBerry Newbie

SOLUTION!

I just installed this from BB.com: /Downloads/entry.do?code=B4A528955B84F584974E92D025A75D1F

sorry just registered, won't let me post it as a link

9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.68 1_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe

Making calls and browsing in 3g mode now.
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Thanks for sharing the information!
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

People rarely get this issue, but glad to see it can be fixed without trying to get a new sim
    Visit us for all of your Unlocking Solutions at: TheRemoteUnlocker.com
    Always offering $10 unlock codes!!

Call us in Toronto at 647.478.7505 OR TOLL-FREE in the US at 1.877.806.2088, or Email us at sales@theremoteunlocker.com
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iron-hands View Post
    SOLUTION!

I just installed this from BB.com: /Downloads/entry.do?code=B4A528955B84F584974E92D025A75D1F

sorry just registered, won't let me post it as a link

9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.68 1_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe

Making calls and browsing in 3g mode now.
    Hi, I am having the same problem. So is this the solution? I would hate to get rid of this phone?

After going to BB website, where do you go from here? This above info does not help much.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey guys i had the same problem. i switched my network coverage from 3G and 2G to just 2G.After I did that, i am now able to make phone calls, receive and send SMS or even surf the internet.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi everyone!
    I have the same problem - unlocked ATT that doesnt work with 3G network (in my case in Sweden).
    When I got the phone it had OS 4.6 and I got "sim toolkit control error" on both outgoing calls and when attempting to send sms. I followed "the only" working(partly) (that I so far found) solution - which is simply upgrading the OS (regardless if it's by installing OS through for some other carrier like the one described above (9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.6 8 1_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited that is available on the BB's homepage) or by simply updating in the bb desktop manager) (I tried both ways...multiple times). result is the same - now i can call but I still can't send sms - I get "sim toolkit control error". Has there been any progress with this problem/solution?
    I should also add, that I checked my phone with one other sim card (that I bought together with my sim card (yes i bought two, for 2 phones) - so those sim cards are probable from the same series) and the same effect - sim toolkit control error when attempting to send sms (I know for sure that the other sim card works correctly with other phones).

cheers everyone

Ernest
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_s View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I have the same problem - unlocked ATT that doesnt work with 3G network (in my case in Sweden).
    When I got the phone it had OS 4.6 and I got "sim toolkit control error" on both outgoing calls and when attempting to send sms. I followed "the only" working(partly) (that I so far found) solution - which is simply upgrading the OS (regardless if it's by installing OS through for some other carrier like the one described above (9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.6 8 1_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited that is available on the BB's homepage) or by simply updating in the bb desktop manager) (I tried both ways...multiple times). result is the same - now i can call but I still can't send sms - I get "sim toolkit control error". Has there been any progress with this problem/solution?
    I should also add, that I checked my phone with one other sim card (that I bought together with my sim card (yes i bought two, for 2 phones) - so those sim cards are probable from the same series) and the same effect - sim toolkit control error when attempting to send sms (I know for sure that the other sim card works correctly with other phones).

cheers everyone

Ernest
    Did you try getting the SIM card replaced?
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    CrackBerry Newbie

thanks for writing cellunlocknet. since i tried using a different sim card that was acquired at the same time as mine was (and from the same carrier), I figured that buying another sim card (just to check) is pointless. I would switch to 2G mode, but my carrier offers only 3G.
    I read on some forum, that flashing (whatever that means) may help, but I did not manage to find out what it is, or how to do it. Besides, I would like to stay away from unbranding/total format etc. however, if there is no other option...
    At the BB's homepage KB21578 it says that the error is caused by "The sim card security is enabled", solution:"request a new SIM card.", but my carrier (as many other people experienced it) denied a possibility of it being the sim card's fault (since it works correctly with other phones - I checked that). Moreover, I went into Settings ->Options->Advanced Options->SIM Card-> and disabled the security , but I don't think that is the kind of security that they meant at BB's homepage, cause the only change was that it does not require pin code when starting the phone.
    Someone also mentioned, that it may be caused by the sim card permissions, but I could not find anything online and my carrier won't help me with that.
    I am thankful for all responses.

cheers
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi!
    small update! I tried additional 2 sim cards and ... nothing... exactly the same situation. I tried an older sim card (older serie) and a newer one.
    I am looking forward to hearing from anyone who has some idea ...
    cheers
    Ernest
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi guys,

So I've seen a lot of people having this problem. Had an AT&T unlocked phone and trying to access a "Fido" SIM card from Canada.
    Follow the steps below to get it working. If you have any specific questions, message me. Make sure your phone is UNLOCKED. To check if it is unlocked, go to:

- Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    - Just press the letters "MEPD" (no quotation marks).
    - All the options should say "Disabled"...ALL OF THEM!

As you can see this post was put up at 2.30am Eastern Time (Canada) and I just figured out the solution. So just follow them, and you'll be golden:

- Go to Blackberry dot com. Select North America as the region.
    - Click on "Support" on the top.
    - On the left side, click on "Downloads"
    - Under the "Smartphone Software" section on the page, click on "Access your service provider download site"
    - Next, scroll down to North America, and click on "Rogers Wireless Inc".
    - On the "Rogers" page, select your device, in this case the "9700" and click next.
    - Download the first file listed: "BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1446 (Multilanguage)".
    - Fill out all your information and save the file.
    - When it is finished downloading, double click on the file and install.
    - When it's done it will ask if you want to start the blackberry desktop software ... DON'T.

- Once it's installed go to 'My Computer--> C: --> Program files --> Common Files --> Research In Motion --> Apploader

- In this folder, there is a file called "vendor.xml", ***Delete this file***

- In this folder as well is an program called "loader.exe"
    - Run this program and go through the instructions (I recommend choosing the option to backup your settings/emails etc).
    - Takes about a half hour.
    - When it's done, unplug your phone and you should be golden.

- Try making a phone call and it should work.

**No more "switch your network to 2G" or "delete the +1 country code". None of that. Follow the steps as mentioned above and it SHOULD work. If not, then PM me!! Don't hesitate. I will try to help you out.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gpatton69 View Post
    Hi guys,

So I've seen a lot of people having this problem. Had an AT&T unlocked phone and trying to access a "Fido" SIM card from Canada.
    Follow the steps below to get it working. If you have any specific questions, message me. Make sure your phone is UNLOCKED. To check if it is unlocked, go to:

As you can see this post was put up at 2.30am Eastern Time (Canada) and I just figured out the solution. So just follow them, and you'll be golden:

- Under the "Smartphone Software" section on the page, click on "Access your service provider download site"
    - On the "Rogers" page, select your device, in this case the "9700" and click next.
    - Download the first file listed: "BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1446 (Multilanguage)".
    - When it's done it will ask if you want to start the blackberry desktop software ... DON'T.

- Once it's installed go to 'My Computer--> C: --> Program files --> Common Files --> Research In Motion --> Apploader

- Run this program and go through the instructions (I recommend choosing the option to backup your settings/emails etc).

**No more "switch your network to 2G" or "delete the +1 country code". None of that. Follow the steps as mentioned above and it SHOULD work. If not, then PM me!! Don't hesitate. I will try to help you out.

Thanks!
    Confirmed that this works on an AT&T Bold 9700 with a ~3 year old Fido SIM. Thank you!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default I fix it for my bb bold 9000

What you have to do is debranded your bb..

Easy, here is the step;

Installed the last os in your computer..
    Remove the vendor.xml..
    Wipe your blackberry with BBSAK
    Update with apploader...

Et voila..

Work for me like a charm... BB Bold 9000 From At&T fido carrier,..

Have fun..

Dan
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,490 Global Posts

Thats just a os install. Debranding a bb is a more complicated process

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey i have a quick question I just moved to denmark and im having the same annoying and awful problem of not being able to call/text !!
    Should I still pick Rogers .. or should I pick at&t, because when I pick at&t as my service provider? - but that does not have the exact download program as youve listed above
    "BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1446 (Multilanguage)"

Does it matter exactly which program I download as long as it is multilanguage ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

oh and I also have a macbook .. does that change anything here either ?
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by saeunnanna View Post
    Hey i have a quick question I just moved to denmark and im having the same annoying and awful problem of not being able to call/text !!
    Should I still pick Rogers .. or should I pick at&t, because when I pick at&t as my service provider? - but that does not have the exact download program as youve listed above
    "BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1446 (Multilanguage)"

Does it matter exactly which program I download as long as it is multilanguage ?
    Which model do you have and which provider are you trying to use it with?

without knowing your phone model we might not be able to help you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I resolved this problem thanks to other forums. I had the same error but the solution for me was to switch the blackberry bold to the 2G edge network because apparently it does not work on 3G. This was an instant quick fix and I am grateful.
    CrackBerry Newbie

This F*CKING WORKS:

Quote Originally Posted by gpatton69 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123