- 07-08-10, 02:43 PM #52
I just installed this from BB.com: /Downloads/entry.do?code=B4A528955B84F584974E92D025A75D1F
sorry just registered, won't let me post it as a link
Making calls and browsing in 3g mode now.
- 09-07-10, 02:57 PM #57
I have the same problem - unlocked ATT that doesnt work with 3G network (in my case in Sweden).
When I got the phone it had OS 4.6 and I got "sim toolkit control error" on both outgoing calls and when attempting to send sms. I followed "the only" working(partly) (that I so far found) solution - which is simply upgrading the OS (regardless if it's by installing OS through for some other carrier like the one described above (9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.52 8 1_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited that is available on the BB's homepage) or by simply updating in the bb desktop manager) (I tried both ways...multiple times). result is the same - now i can call but I still can't send sms - I get "sim toolkit control error". Has there been any progress with this problem/solution?
I should also add, that I checked my phone with one other sim card (that I bought together with my sim card (yes i bought two, for 2 phones) - so those sim cards are probable from the same series) and the same effect - sim toolkit control error when attempting to send sms (I know for sure that the other sim card works correctly with other phones).
- 09-07-10, 05:44 PM #59
thanks for writing cellunlocknet. since i tried using a different sim card that was acquired at the same time as mine was (and from the same carrier), I figured that buying another sim card (just to check) is pointless. I would switch to 2G mode, but my carrier offers only 3G.
I read on some forum, that flashing (whatever that means) may help, but I did not manage to find out what it is, or how to do it. Besides, I would like to stay away from unbranding/total format etc. however, if there is no other option...
At the BB's homepage KB21578 it says that the error is caused by "The sim card security is enabled", solution:"request a new SIM card.", but my carrier (as many other people experienced it) denied a possibility of it being the sim card's fault (since it works correctly with other phones - I checked that). Moreover, I went into Settings ->Options->Advanced Options->SIM Card-> and disabled the security , but I don't think that is the kind of security that they meant at BB's homepage, cause the only change was that it does not require pin code when starting the phone.
Someone also mentioned, that it may be caused by the sim card permissions, but I could not find anything online and my carrier won't help me with that.
I am thankful for all responses.
- CrackBerry Newbie
10-02-10, 01:41 AM #61
- 9 Posts
So I've seen a lot of people having this problem. Had an AT&T unlocked phone and trying to access a "Fido" SIM card from Canada.
Follow the steps below to get it working. If you have any specific questions, message me. Make sure your phone is UNLOCKED. To check if it is unlocked, go to:
- Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
- Just press the letters "MEPD" (no quotation marks).
- All the options should say "Disabled"...ALL OF THEM!
As you can see this post was put up at 2.30am Eastern Time (Canada) and I just figured out the solution. So just follow them, and you'll be golden:
- Go to Blackberry dot com. Select North America as the region.
- Click on "Support" on the top.
- On the left side, click on "Downloads"
- Under the "Smartphone Software" section on the page, click on "Access your service provider download site"
- Next, scroll down to North America, and click on "Rogers Wireless Inc".
- On the "Rogers" page, select your device, in this case the "9700" and click next.
- Download the first file listed: "BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.2066 (Multilanguage)".
- Fill out all your information and save the file.
- When it is finished downloading, double click on the file and install.
- When it's done it will ask if you want to start the blackberry desktop software ... DON'T.
- Once it's installed go to 'My Computer--> C: --> Program files --> Common Files --> Research In Motion --> Apploader
- In this folder, there is a file called "vendor.xml", ***Delete this file***
- In this folder as well is an program called "loader.exe"
- Run this program and go through the instructions (I recommend choosing the option to backup your settings/emails etc).
- Takes about a half hour.
- When it's done, unplug your phone and you should be golden.
- Try making a phone call and it should work.
**No more "switch your network to 2G" or "delete the +1 country code". None of that. Follow the steps as mentioned above and it SHOULD work. If not, then PM me!! Don't hesitate. I will try to help you out.
- CrackBerry Abuser
04-16-11, 12:49 PM #63
- 148 Posts
I fix it for my bb bold 9000
What you have to do is debranded your bb..
Easy, here is the step;
Installed the last os in your computer..
Remove the vendor.xml..
Wipe your blackberry with BBSAK
Update with apploader...
Work for me like a charm... BB Bold 9000 From At&T fido carrier,..
- 05-19-11, 01:17 PM #65
Hey i have a quick question I just moved to denmark and im having the same annoying and awful problem of not being able to call/text !!
Should I still pick Rogers .. or should I pick at&t, because when I pick at&t as my service provider? - but that does not have the exact download program as youve listed above
"BlackBerry Handheld Software v220.127.116.116 (Multilanguage)"
Does it matter exactly which program I download as long as it is multilanguage ?
- 07-30-11, 09:52 PM #69
I resolved this problem thanks to other forums. I had the same error but the solution for me was to switch the blackberry bold to the 2G edge network because apparently it does not work on 3G. This was an instant quick fix and I am grateful.