CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A5A675
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can T-Mobile provide an unlock code for an AT&T Bold?

I am using a Storm 9530 at the moment and I absolutely HATE it. I had a Bold a few months back and I miss the crap out of it, I decided its the best BlackBerry for me, and the one I should have kept. So I plan on buying another in about a week or so.

Now I am already quite familiar with the process of setting up my Bold on T-Mobile (Service Books, APN settings, etc.) but my question is; can T-Mobile unlock it? According to users "ndnoutlaw" & "xDAKx" T-Mobile can infact unlock an AT&T branded Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by ndnoutlaw View Post
    my boy came over to tmo from ATT with his bold....tmo pda support unlocked and set up his phone for him over the phone. he said he prefers his phone now on tmo
    Quote Originally Posted by xDAKx View Post
    If you were to port your bold onto T-Mobile, you'd have to unlock it, via code you could get from either T-Mobile, or from AT&T (if you asked nicely I suppose.)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/i-c...o-bold-248418/

I dont really want to have to pay for an unlock code if I dont have to.
    So, what say you people? Is it true?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Normally AT&T would have to provide the unlock code for that device since it was used on their network. I haven't heard of us unlocking other carrier's phones, but it could be possible. I'm not entirely sure about this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

Why not just buy an unlock code off ebay, I got mine for about $4.00 from DrUnlock.
    iPhone to Storm to 8900 to Bold to 9700

In the end,There will only be Keith Richards and cockroaches left.

Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Each carrier has access to their own codes. Third party vendors can get it for you, but AT&T should as well if you purchased the device.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A5A675
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Each carrier has access to their own codes. Third party vendors can get it for you, but AT&T should as well if you purchased the device.
    will AT&T provide the code even though i dont have service with them? i plan on purchasing a new Bold at the off contract price.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

nope, gotta be a att wireless customer for at least 3 months.....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A5A675
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

hmm.. yeah i figured.

Its cool, i dont mind paying for an unlock code. I just NEED to get rid of the Storm. I didnt listen to anyone when they told me to stay away from the Storm because I figured I would give it a chance, but it has been nothing but an epic fail since day one.

I cant wait to have a Bold again!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just got a bold and unlocked it for use with T-mobile service...problem is i can't get my email to work with it. I have the $19.99 blackberry unlimited data plan, how do i get it to work PLEASE!!!!