- 02-25-13, 03:29 PM #3
The 9930 is CDMA which means it could only be unlocked from Sprint to be used on another CDMA network like Verizon. AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM which won't work. And I don't think $225 is too bad for a brand new Bold 9930. I'm guessing that it is brand new never used still in box?My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM
- 02-25-13, 03:32 PM #4
Actuall my 9930 is from sprint and i have unlocked it and used it on gsm networks in the Caribbean i dont see why it wouldn't work with gsm networks over here9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..
Official AND Only Knight Of The Peevilicious Crew.
Everything I Post, You can Thank Peeves, If I Mess Up, Blame Wayne.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-25-13, 06:18 PM #7
- 923 Posts
We have unlocked many sprint and verizon 9930's for use with gsm networks
they will work with AT&T and T-Mo as well as any other gsm network in the world but on 2G speeds (EDGE)
But I can confirm it is unlockableBlackberryCodeSource.com
Current Phones Z30, Q10, iP5S, Samsung GNote 3, HTC One M8!
Can't wait for the one and only game changing......... BB Passport !!!!!
- 03-01-13, 11:29 AM #8If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4, SM-N920P Galaxy Note 5If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- CrackBerry User
05-28-15, 12:17 AM #11
- 27 Posts
Sprint 9930 is a world phone, which means it operates both CDMA and GSM network, however It will operate on GSM network in Europe or other part of the world, but not in US. In US You will get only 2G/Edge. The GSM frequencies in Europe and US are different. For example T-Mobile in US operates on different MHz than T-Mobile in Europe. Which means You can take Your Bold 9930 for a trip to Europe and Use it there, but it wont work with US GSM carriers
- By NeedMuhBerry in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 8Last Post: 12-04-11, 01:29 PM
- By sonsbb in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 9Last Post: 10-06-11, 11:21 AM
- By jdaclutch in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 08-31-11, 11:14 PM
- By thephonerushdotcom in forum Older BlackBerrysReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-10, 08:35 AM
- By Maia in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 08-20-09, 03:04 PM