- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
BB curve on Koodo unlocking issue
Recently I purchased a BB Curve 9300 to replace a phone my brother had lost. It was on Koodo, and was unlocked however the person who unlocked it used the MEP4 code instead of the MEP2 code - and now the phone cannot be used to text, make calls or anything! I've tried to go to the SIM settings and use MEPD then MEP2 however the MEP2 command refuses to work Is there anyway I can fix this???
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-12-2012, 07:07 AM #3
- 185 Posts
If you've typed in MEPD and brought up the "Personalisation" screen, you should see a list of locks. If any are "active" or "enabled" then the phone has a lock in place.
However, usually, if you then attempt to type in MEP(alt)2 and nothing appears, it's because the phone is already unlocked. The phone display the "Enter Network MEP" screen, because it knows it doesn't need it.
On a side note, it is possible that the MEP4 code was the one that was needed. I don't personally know Koodo, but it could be that when they lock phones they lock it with the "service provider" lock active. This is when the MEP4 code is needed (rather than the MEP2 code).
- By sankalp_dhavale in forum EtisalatReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2009, 01:12 AM
- By mdolnik in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 5Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
- By mdolnik in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 5Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
- By MooseBerry in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 14Last Post: 05-04-2008, 01:41 PM
- By zuperman in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2007, 01:30 PM