Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 5 tries left to unlock ....Can i reset it before i reach 0?

Hi, i purchased a unlock code from one of the vendors on here. I sent the info in and the next day was sent my unlock code. Well, im down to 5 tries and not sure what to do. I sent the vendor a email for support, but in the meantime, i was wondering if there is a way to reload the operating system to get it back to 10 tries. Its a curve on the Bell network. Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*****A

Default Re: 5 tries left to unlock ....Can i reset it before i reach 0?

Unfortunately there is no way to reset that. Once you have 0 tries left the only way to unlock it would be physically.

I suggest not to try again until you resolve things with the vendor you purchased the unlock code from.
    DJ
    Twitter @djr3yes
    BBM Channels C000124E24
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2ACB19A0

wow lucky you, 5 left is decent at least. i used the free code generator(available from one of the threads here) which were all wrong 9 times till i had one chance left. then after some research i paid 3 bux for a code and voila i was saved on the last attempt.

i was uber stressed typing in the 10th and final code

the code came back literally within 5 seconds of me pressing the submit payment through pay pal.

i was pleased
    presently rocking a trio of Zeddy,Q10,PB.
    BlackBerry by Choice
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

As said before, there is very little you can do yourself.

I believe software can be used to reset the counter however. BlackBerry themselves can also do it, but your best bet is a local phone unlocking shop.

The best thing to do however it wait to resolve things with the vendor. They should be able to verify the code for you and inform you the specific unlock code you need.

We have recently changed the amount of codes we usually send to customers to avoid people using unlock attempts needlessly. Now we just send the NCK and the SPCK, which would be the only two anyone would ever need anyway.

Hope that helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi i ve exhausted all tries it asks for a code but shows 0 tries left i have the mep2 code i use it but it says code error please help
    on simcard screen it shows SIM active on MEPD entry
    CrackBerry User

Actually there is a solution for 0 tries left, its not a software fix, its a sim adaptor that you sandwich between the sim and the phone, it doesnt reset it back to 10 tries but you it allows you to use any sim.

heres a video of it in action

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Software can be used to reset the unlock attempts counter which can be found online. Alternatively, a phone shop that provides an unlocking service may be able to help (although this will cost more to do).