I downloaded the berryweather trial,but don't want to pay for it.Can someone tell me what weather app they use that is as good to have on the homescreen and free please? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 08:53 AM
    I use the weatherbug app. Its effective, accurate and free with a nice interface .. what more can you ask? lol
    12-17-09 09:05 AM
    yeah I use weatherbug as well, although sometimes it cant find your location it still works well for a free app.
    12-17-09 09:07 AM
    I used Berry Weather for a year and recently upgraded to their version 2, but they are having one issue after another and I am unable to pay for my upgrade and my trial ran out..... even though it was my most recommended app for weather I cannot deal with the frustration of their issues. I installed Weatherbug and love it. They really provide a lot of info with an easy interface. I actually ended up purchasing their Weatherbug Elite ($4.99) and love that one even more. Provides a nice homescreen weather icon with high.lo and conditions as the text and a little thermometer icon with the temp for the notifications area of your home screen. Updates at your chosen intervals, nice radar maps with layers you can add (lightening, high wind, flooding, etc) current, hourly, 7 day and 7day detailed forecasts.
    12-17-09 09:10 AM
    I use the free Weatherbug version, and I love it.
    12-17-09 09:16 AM
    Berryweather. Not a single problem.
    12-17-09 09:49 AM
    Berry weather for me
    12-17-09 09:58 AM
    Berryweather 2.0
    12-17-09 10:39 AM
    BerryWeather, which was updated today for all who do not know. The current version is 2.0.65 You can get the OTA download from Bellshare...
    12-17-09 10:41 AM
    BerryWeather, which was updated today for all who do not know. The current version is 2.0.65 You can get the OTA download from Bellshare...
    SD - do you know what bugs have been fixed with this update? Every time I jumped on updates of BW, I had to deal with some kind of issues. Yeah, I am an addict LOL.
    12-17-09 10:55 AM
    SD - do you know what bugs have been fixed with this update? Every time I jumped on updates of BW, I had to deal with some kind of issues. Yeah, I am an addict LOL.
    Here ya go. I got this on another thread floating around here...

Changelog:

Quote:
    - Fixes bug where updates cycle when not all locations update within 60 seconds
    - More information added to event log on update failure

And further note from the developer posted in the beta forum.

Quote:
    The old logic was as follows:

BerryWeather started an auto-update of all locations as soon as any of the locations' update time was older than the current auto update interval.

Testing if a location is out-dated was done every 60 seconds.

The problem with this was if one of the last locations was outdated an auto-update was triggered. If the auto-update did not finish within 60 seconds BerryWeather would check all locations again and still see the last locations being outdated. This would trigger another auto-update cycle...

The difference in the new build:

An auto-update will not be triggered if the last auto-update or manual 'Update All' is less than 'auto-interval seconds' ago.

I think this matches expected behavior: All locations will be auto-updated if only one location is out-dated at any time.

This is what caused some massive battery drain on some devices. If there was a network problem or an issue with the weather station that was reporting, it would timeout. Since there was still old data, it would try to update again. This led to an extremely heavy load on the servers, which led to some failed updates, which led to more load on the servers, which...well, you get the picture. This build fixes it. It will only cycle through once per update interval instead of trying to update continuously. Since I've had the beta of this, I have only had one failed update, and its because the weather station went down...
    12-17-09 10:59 AM
    i use WeatherBug Elite

the adds in the free version annoyed the crap out of me, so Elite doesn't have the. the font is larger than the free version. gives you a detailed 7-day forecast. puts the temp on your device header. Also cheaper than berryweather.

does everything that I ask from a weather program.
    12-17-09 11:39 AM
    people are cheap lol
    12-17-09 11:41 AM
    I just go on weather.com through my browser..lolol
    12-17-09 01:12 PM
    Here ya go. I got this on another thread floating around here...

Changelog:

Quote:
    - Fixes bug where updates cycle when not all locations update within 60 seconds
    - More information added to event log on update failure

And further note from the developer posted in the beta forum.

Quote:
    The old logic was as follows:

BerryWeather started an auto-update of all locations as soon as any of the locations' update time was older than the current auto update interval.

Testing if a location is out-dated was done every 60 seconds.

The problem with this was if one of the last locations was outdated an auto-update was triggered. If the auto-update did not finish within 60 seconds BerryWeather would check all locations again and still see the last locations being outdated. This would trigger another auto-update cycle...

The difference in the new build:

An auto-update will not be triggered if the last auto-update or manual 'Update All' is less than 'auto-interval seconds' ago.

I think this matches expected behavior: All locations will be auto-updated if only one location is out-dated at any time.

This is what caused some massive battery drain on some devices. If there was a network problem or an issue with the weather station that was reporting, it would timeout. Since there was still old data, it would try to update again. This led to an extremely heavy load on the servers, which led to some failed updates, which led to more load on the servers, which...well, you get the picture. This build fixes it. It will only cycle through once per update interval instead of trying to update continuously. Since I've had the beta of this, I have only had one failed update, and its because the weather station went down...
    Thanks so much as always. Worth updating, it looks like. Ayayay, it will be the 3rd reboot today - during the outage, I thought my tour was causing it - rebooted twice LOL.
    12-17-09 01:53 PM
    Use the Weather Channel. its the best free weather app of any free ones
    12-17-09 04:42 PM
    I just purchased BW and was curious if they give a detailed forecast. I have yet to find it on this app. I had Mycast on my Pearl and loved it, but could not transfer it over to my Tour. I figured to try a different app, but so far I like MyCast much better.
    12-17-09 08:27 PM
    Weather Bug Elite here. Tried the others. Seems there is more guts and forecast options with weather bug over the others I tried.

Wish they do something like berry weather for home screen action.
    12-18-09 07:41 AM
    I use BerryWeather and love it!
    12-18-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD