I've seen the term bandied around, I even used a couple on my Storm, but what exactly defines a "Today" theme? Or "Precision," for that matter?

Forgive my ignorance, I've just never spotted exactly what distinguished a "Today" or "precision" theme from each other or over various themes out there.

I've tried searching, I just get a lot of threads for the themes themselves, can't find a definition or anything there.

Thanks for the help! Just trying to learn more about my Blackberry.
    08-14-09 02:23 AM
    I'm a BB newbie, but I think the "Today" theme implies your calendar and/or emails/sms, etc.. for the day displayed on your home screen. I just downloaded my first Today theme and that is what was diffferent. As for "Presision" I have no clue, LOL!
    08-14-09 02:32 AM
    "Today" themes simply refer to themes that feature Calendar entries, new Messages, new SMS text messages, etc. in a static and/or hidden section on the Home Screen.

"Precision" themes refer to the default theme(s) featured in devices running OS 4.6 or higher. The default themes featured in devices running OS 4.5 or below are called "Dimension" (BB Dimension Zen, BB Dimension Icon, etc.). Precision themes feature distinctive icons: transparent and simplified in appearance, and (usually) 'glow' when focused upon.

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by artisticme; 08-14-09 at 02:45 AM.
    08-14-09 02:41 AM
    simply put, you het to see your calendar and messages entries on your main screen. It has variations. Some are really very usefull and some are very cluttered.
    08-14-09 02:51 AM
    Ah, Excellent! Thanks for the info!
    08-14-09 03:10 AM
    So does "hidden today" mean the items are only displayed when you cursor over the calendar/sms icons?
    08-14-09 05:18 AM
    "Today" themes simply refer to themes that feature Calendar entries, new Messages, new SMS text messages, etc. in a static and/or hidden section on the Home Screen.

"Precision" themes refer to the default theme(s) featured in devices running OS 4.6 or higher. The default themes featured in devices running OS 4.5 or below are called "Dimension" (BB Dimension Zen, BB Dimension Icon, etc.). Precision themes feature distinctive icons: transparent and simplified in appearance, and (usually) 'glow' when focused upon.

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    correct with the exception that the today theme just has the calendar displayed on the home screen. the today plus theme has the calendar, messages, and sms

So does "hidden today" mean the items are only displayed when you cursor over the calendar/sms icons?
    exactly!
    08-14-09 05:59 AM
    correct with the exception that the today theme just has the calendar displayed on the home screen. the today plus theme has the calendar, messages, and sms
    Actually, a traditional "Today" theme features Messages, Calendar and Phone entries on the Home Screen. "Today Plus" themes are those that feature a 'today' section and a row (or column) of 'zen' icons (user customizable icons) on the Home Screen.
    08-14-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD