Once themes are out, can you just download the theme you want or do you need plazmic too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 08:53 PM
    Once themes are out, can you just download the theme you want or do you need plazmic too?

i'm wondering this too. as a brand new blackberry user, and someone who doesn't know too much about computers, i'm wondering what i need to do to get new themes for my tour. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-12-09 09:06 PM

Plazmic is for people who develop the themes, you don't need it to download and use a theme.

Now we just have to wait for the creative types to get busy!
    08-12-09 09:10 PM
    Would love a basic free today theme that's free
    Calendar
    Etc
    P.s it has to be free lol

08-12-09 09:18 PM
    Sorry for the noob question, but when these guys develop these themes, where can we get them at?
    08-12-09 10:36 PM
    after i make my theme i will be more than willing to make themes.. just pm me.. just know i am in school and will do my best.. im a graphics designer.. well freelance and getting degree for it so i got the experience.. let me know
    08-12-09 10:59 PM
    yay!!!! cant wait!
    08-13-09 12:48 AM
    Congrats Tour owners! Get ready to test some themes.
    08-13-09 12:59 AM
    Made a u shaped theme but the font is horrendous and I'm having probs getting email icon to show up.

I'm also having problems loading it into the simulator so I have to test on my phone. Anybody know how to get it to load into simulator? And yes I have the 9630 simulator : )

08-13-09 01:22 AM
    Made a u shaped theme but the font is horrendous and I'm having probs getting email icon to show up.

I'm also having problems loading it into the simulator so I have to test on my phone. Anybody know how to get it to load into simulator? And yes I have the 9630 simulator : )

Can you share a link on where we can download a 9630 simulator?
    08-13-09 01:49 AM
    i keep hearing bout the incoming and active call doesnt work??

my first them i accidently had it in 8900 and it worked kinda active call was jus background and incoming the same..

so i fix it to 9600 and incoming and active doesnt work at all.. but again since this just a patch this would be a problem till the full release is avail rather than patch..

anyone know??
    08-13-09 01:55 AM
    �Limitations of the update patch for [CDK] 4.7 � � Plazmic Discussion Forums ...as posted by a Plazmic moderator/developer today.

There are a few limitations relating to themes for the BlackBerry 9600 Tour that are not addressed by the update patch that you should be aware of. These issues will be addressed in the next full release of the Plazmic Content Developer's Kit product.

1. When previewing a BlackBerry 9600 Tour theme on the simulator, a warning will be displayed saying that the theme/device combination is incompatible with the version of the simulator. However, if you continue with the preview, the theme will be displayed on the simulator.

2. Changes made to the "Button" elements of a theme will only affect dialog buttons.

3. Changes to the background and banner of both the incoming and active call phone screens will not be displayed when the theme is activated on the BlackBerry 9600 Tour.

4. The Application Center and Profiles (Medium) icons are missing from the BlackBerry 9600 Tour theme template. If you use "Change All Icons" on the "Theme the Application Icons" screen, Theme Builder will crash when the theme is exported.

5. The "Target OS" shown in the export panel of Theme Builder will display as 4.7 for the BlackBerry 9600 Tour even though the software version of the BlackBery 9600 Tour software is 4.7.1.

6. In order to uninstall the 4.7 update patch, you have to uninstall the update patch and uninstall the Plazmic Content Developer's Kit v4.7.
    08-13-09 01:56 AM
    thank you..

it stinks but we are getting there with the custom and font etc.. better than no theme right
    08-13-09 02:12 AM
    Can you share a link on where we can download a 9630 simulator?
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

They just posted up the simulator for VZW so I think that was my problem...good luck
    08-13-09 02:23 AM
    says bad link
    08-13-09 02:44 AM
    i came in here to give my shout out and say a few amens but after reading these posts, really this is anticlimactic, geesh! what gives? I was definitely hoping for some fixes to a few themes I purchased.
    08-13-09 06:42 AM
    They've got your money. Why would they care about making it better?
    08-13-09 09:27 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD