How do I delete the verizon theme?
    THx is there any other usless junk I can delete?
    Pete
    07-31-09 07:10 AM
    YOU DO NOT WANT TO DELETE THE VERIZON THEME!

But if you want a useless phone, go ahead and delete it.
    07-31-09 07:13 AM
    OK. Point taken I just wanted to remove some usless stuff and free memory space. Can you remove the pre-loaded pics without removing the verizion theme? I tried but there was no option to delete them.
    07-31-09 07:43 AM
    go to blackberrytrade.com and get the ota of maxmem this is an app that deletes pointles junk like vad or ptt and sample movies and pics/ themes you can choose what to delete or stay its pretty nice and nopw my blackberry constantly runs at 133 -134 all day
    07-31-09 07:46 AM
    Thank you I will try that!! I have another qyestion.
    I like the poker game in the phone,but its alittle hard for me to see the cards against the color of the table.Also the word mole game is not full screen anyway to change that?( what does ota stand for? Im learning all of this stuff)
    THX AGAIN PETE
    07-31-09 08:26 AM
    "OTA" is "Over The Air" meaning that you download it directly to your phone and you do not need to hook up the BlackBerry to your computer.

The WordMole game is like that because of the other things it shows you, I believe your score, etc. You can't change it, that's the way it was designed. You can't change any of the games, that's how they were designed.

If you delete the VZW themes that come on the phone, when the new themes are developed and you try to download them, you won't be able to use them becuase they usually rely on the standard, stock themes.

Could you help us out and tell us what you are putting on the phone that you need more memory? I have like 8 or 9 programs installed and contantly on auto-update and my phone never goes below 120mb free.
    07-31-09 08:33 AM
    YOU DO NOT WANT TO DELETE THE VERIZON THEME!

But if you want a useless phone, go ahead and delete it.
    In crackutil I noticed the standard precision theme and also the smaller verizon one. You're sayong I can't set the phone to the standard one then just delete the vzw one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:35 AM
    In crackutil I noticed the standard precision theme and also the smaller verizon one. You're sayong I can't set the phone to the standard one then just delete the vzw one?

The themes that are preloaded on the device will eventually be what the aftermarket designed themes are reliant on. When Plazmic develops the new software to support themes for the Tour, you won't be able to install themes that people develop.
    07-31-09 08:37 AM
    [Could you help us out and tell us what you are putting on the phone that you need more memory? I have like 8 or 9 programs installed and contantly on auto-update and my phone never goes below 120mb free.[/QUOTE]

I'm really not putting anything on it yet, Im going to get some apps. I just wanted to free up space because I read on here it keeps the device moving better/faster. Like I said I'm learning and find this site very helpful!!! Thanks to all you guys!!!!
    07-31-09 08:44 AM
    you shouldn't really have a problem with the memory when you download stuff...i have a lot of themes/apps on mine and it runs like new...what you can do though, or at least what i do is every once in a whole if i feel i downloaded something and then never use it i go into advanced options to look at all my apps and delete the ones i don't use...
    07-31-09 08:47 AM
    The verizon theme is based off the precision zen theme. Precision zen is the one you do not want to delete, the only thing deleting the verizon theme will do is take away the pretty bridge wallpaper on the precision zen theme and replace it with big red's check mark.
    07-31-09 08:50 AM
    you shouldn't really have a problem with the memory when you download stuff...i have a lot of themes/apps on mine and it runs like new...what you can do though, or at least what i do is every once in a whole if i feel i downloaded something and then never use it i go into advanced options to look at all my apps and delete the ones i don't use...
    I do the same thing. Though I have no themes yet becuase of Plazmic not releasing the developers kit for me to start designing them. If I put applications on, I'll go and delete ones I don't use often or at all.
    07-31-09 08:57 AM
    Thank You For Replies
    07-31-09 09:02 AM
    Plazmic Content Developer Kit 4.7 now available for Blackberry Theme development. I just saw this on their website. I too am very interested in having another Theme choice other than the two that Verizon offers.
    07-31-09 09:06 AM
    i dont use aftermarket themes so adios vzw theme

07-31-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD