I don't know how to make semi-transparent objects and searching did nothing. I also am trying to change the dialog box background but can't figure that out either. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for me? I would really appreciate it!
    11-12-09 04:42 PM
    I went into the files for Plazmic on my computer and found the images. Program Files>Plazmic>...... so on. do you have plazmic? i use theme builder too now but I used to have plazmic. ANYWAYS, I found the little blue dialog box icon and changed its color but I am still having trouble with inserting it into theme builder. Maybe that will be a start? I think it is.
    11-12-09 04:57 PM
    I don't have plazmic. I already have the default images on Theme Builder but I would like to make my own.
    11-12-09 04:59 PM
    its only for windows though
    11-12-09 05:03 PM
    does anyone know how to make icons with a transparent background? without using a prog i willhave to purchase? MS Paint maybe??
    01-03-10 06:28 PM
    MS Paint will not do...

You need Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or similar..... download the trial - its good for 30 days for Photoshop!

Also, look for GIMP - it's a free open source image program that has some of the same tools as Photoshop.

And save your icons as .png not jpeg.
    01-03-10 07:38 PM
    THANK YOU Synergie.. lol no one else has helped me!
    01-03-10 08:25 PM
    MS Paint will not do...

You need Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or similar..... download the trial - its good for 30 days for Photoshop!

Also, look for GIMP - it's a free open source image program that has some of the same tools as Photoshop.

And save your icons as .png not jpeg.
    I DLed Gimp, annnnd it is intimidating to say the least. lol im not sure where to start, i tried to use the "scissors" to cut the image out of the picture that i want and make the rest of it transparent or just nonexistant...it didnt work!! i couldnt even CUT the image out once i traced the area i wanted. ugh... i need so much help lol i dont know where to start.
    01-03-10 08:28 PM
    does anyone know how to download theme maker 5.0? i can't find a link to download it and if I did it wont work
    01-03-10 08:42 PM
    does anyone know how to download theme maker 5.0? i can't find a link to download it and if I did it wont work

this is where i found it:
    How To Create Your Own Blackberry Themes Using Plazmic Theme Builder
    01-03-10 08:51 PM
    Hmmm where to start... almost all graphics programs work the same way in order to cut a part of an image out of another....

I have not used GIMP personally (I use Photoshop CS4 presently) but there should be an option called 'magic wand' what that will do is select an entire (similar) area that you can then 'copy' and paste into another image with a transparent background. If magic wand won't work (the portion you want has too many different colors etc for the tool to recognize) then you can use the trace tool where you can manually draw around the portion you wish to clip. Another option is to zoom in and just use the eraser brush to delete the portions you don't want. But this does take some time and a steady hand.
    01-03-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD