From what I understand, in order to get Today themes to work on a phone, the BB Dimension today theme has to be installed on it. Now, I know Verizon Tours only came with the other two versions.

I know that themes can be "unlocked" on other Blackberry's, but is there a way to unlock the BB Dimension Today theme on the Tour or was is one even available at this point so that we can access user made today themes on the phone? Bplay has themes that they say work for the Tour, but even after downloading it, it still can't be accessed because of the lack of the BB Dimension today theme.

Does this even make sense?
    07-12-09 04:53 PM
    This does make sense and I hope someone in the know will post instructions!
    07-12-09 05:06 PM
    I don't understand either, but if anyone knows how to get other themes, than the 2 preloaded on the tour, I would like to know....

Are the two preloaded themes any different other than the wallpaper?
    07-12-09 05:11 PM
    For the time being, it doesn't look like the Tour can be themed. The 4.7.1 OS won't take themes from anything other than the Storm, which clearly won't work. I tried the 8900 template, but it won't accept them. Oh well, Zen for now, I guess.
    07-12-09 05:22 PM
    Dimension was the default 4.2/4.3/4.5 theme set. Precision is the 4.6/4.7 theme. I don't think we'll be seeing a Dimension on the Tour.
    07-12-09 05:25 PM
    It's been tried about every way possible, unfortunately until a plazmic update drops, the 2 themes that come on it are it.

At least it won't/shouldn't be the 5 month wait that the storm was..
    07-12-09 05:28 PM
    +1

I bought a bunch of themes last night (from crackberry store and from bplay) and both companies have refunded my money because while they indicate they were supported for the 9630, they cannot until the plazmic update comes through.
    OOOHhhHHH THAT's what happened to you yesterday! lol

Well, that answers that! I came here looking for a new theme...dangitall!
    07-12-09 05:54 PM
    Can someone please help me understand what a Plazmic update is? I'm not very tech savy and very frustrated with "Zen".

I just upgraded from the 8830 to the Tour and I'm PISSED that I don't have my BB Today theme. This Zen stuff is TERRIBLE! I really hate the new interface. Am I in the minority or do most people agree?

The good news is, the phone is faster, brighter and more comfortable...too bad the interface took a step backwards. I can't believe that I can not see my next appointments and emails on the intro screen. This sucks.

Sorry...I needed to vent. I feel better now.

Thanks everyone for the education.

Lastly, are there any cool apps I can download to help access weather info? On my old 8830 I could access Accuweather and the Weather Channel directly from the Verizon BB links. I open the browser and bam, links to the WAP sites. The only weather link now is crappy Weatherbug. Any suggestions on how to get to Accuweather or Weather.com? Are there apps for these sites?

Thanks!!!!!!
    07-19-09 04:40 PM
    Plazmic is the theme dev software for BB, which is currently not updated for the tour.

There have been tutorials for unlocking other vendor's themes (see the theme section, it's a sticky), but the only other unlockable theme is the sprint precision zen theme, which is not a today theme. Susry.

Seems Bell and Telus use the default theme.

Edit: Also, download the actual weatherbug program (free, check Appworld), or if you're in a paying mood, BerryWeather. Both are good.
    Last edited by Aver; 07-19-09 at 04:48 PM.
    07-19-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD