Here is a sneak peak of my 1st theme Rhino_v1 inspired by Foppa21's awesome theme design as well as al3azim's theme design. It is utilizing dougeefresh's battery indicator. I also want to acknowledge the helpful info found in the Theme Developer's Forum.

This theme is still in the beta stages but when it is released it will be FREE. It has been designed based on what I needed and wanted in a theme.

Specifications:
    • 9630 (Tour)
    • OS 5.0
    • No transitions for crisp loading with no hiccups between screens.
    • No home screen battery indicator [MeterBerry friendly] all others screens are utilizing Dougeefresh's battery indicator.
    • No profile icon due to the ability to set the phone to vibrate by pressing and holding "Q".
    • Launch clock from home screen by clicking on the clock.
    • Launch messages from home screen by clicking on notifications.
    • Launch calendar from home screen by clicking on the date.
    • Launch connection manager from home screen by clicking on network/signal.
    • Launch Quicklaunch by spacebar.
    • Launch SMS/MMS by $.

Home Screen

App Screen

Actual Theme Screenshot of it working

UPDATE:
    OTA for open beta test of Rhino_v1
    Last edited by wajical; 04-02-10 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Added OTA
    04-01-10 10:05 PM
    Do you need testers?
    04-02-10 05:10 AM
    would love to test this :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 05:44 AM
    me too - I will test it for you.
    04-02-10 05:47 AM
    I will let you know when I think it is ready for testers.
    04-02-10 08:05 AM
    cant wait :-)
    04-02-10 08:21 AM
    This looks awesome, would love to help test it out for ya.
    04-02-10 08:49 AM
    nice!!will test for you!!
    04-02-10 09:02 AM
    i am def feeling this one ... what are the highlight colors .. blue ... red ?

hopefully a hidden today version
    04-02-10 09:51 AM
    i am def feeling this one ... what are the highlight colors .. blue ... red ?

hopefully a hidden today version
    What you see in the captures that is blue is the button focus. When you are not focused it is transparent and you see the icons. I will try to post an actual capture of the working theme for you to see what I mean.
    04-02-10 10:53 AM
    ok so it looks that everything is blue ... the popup menus are transparent as well correct ... any chance of red version?

any ETA ... looks real promising .. i love FOPPA themes
    04-02-10 11:08 AM
    Looks great but are there goin got be any icons tabs ??? Or a banner ??? Certain wallpapers wont work well with white text. Just asking but some sort of banner or tab would be nice
    04-02-10 01:27 PM
    I will keep that in mind. Not exactly sure how to do tabs...do you have an example of what you are referring to?
    Last edited by wajical; 04-02-10 at 02:40 PM.
    04-02-10 02:34 PM
    Just posted a beta OTA for you guys to try it out.
    04-02-10 03:15 PM
    Just posted a beta OTA for you guys to try it out.
    gonna give it a go !
    04-02-10 03:22 PM
    So far so good. Few suggestions . Default fonts would make it so fonts can be user defined , default wall paper and alsot if we would be able to scroll up to the messages instead of having to go around thri all the icons.

In regards to the tabs i mentions , its done in composer. Set your clear icons where ud like it to be asa a tab and left click on the mouse and hit "send to back"
    04-02-10 03:29 PM
    So far so good, like the lay out a lot. Only thing right away. Is the backround on the app screen make it solid blue or black. And either make the font smaller or let the user select the size. Will report back any other gliches. Good work
    04-02-10 03:42 PM
    Two things, that wallpaper behind apps is too busy ... I would favor more of a simple darker wallpaper and the fonts r too big. Go to options, screen/keyboard, almost all choice show .... .. Fonttoo big to fit and on sms list allot of letter are cut a little, I would stick with keeping fonts default to not run into issues. On call screen u should move my number to bottom right so it doesn't conflict with contacts with allot of info, ex businesse name

Def like the homescreen and the layout u chose

04-02-10 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I will make adjustments soon per some of your suggestions. Please be patient with me this is my first theme and still learning a lot.

In regards to the tabs i mentions , its done in composer. Set your clear icons where ud like it to be asa a tab and left click on the mouse and hit "send to back"
    zeeraf, Do you have a theme that utilizes these so i can see how this works?
    04-02-10 09:37 PM
    Looking good, reminds me of the StormyX theme that I like a lot. Keep us updated on the fixes and changes, maybe do the 3G mod instead of 1XEV.
    04-02-10 10:54 PM
    Looking good, reminds me of the StormyX theme that I like a lot. Keep us updated on the fixes and changes, maybe do the 3G mod instead of 1XEV.
    I was trying to remember what other theme it was that I liked that added to to my notes on what I was wanted to create. Thanks Raistlin1 for bringing that to my attention I forgot about that.
    04-02-10 11:07 PM
    Superb themes
    After trying it, I would give some pointers if you don't mind:

-the icon selection ( the blue tab) in home screen, I think it will be better if you use the standard one like in the app screen selection, or just the outline only without blue colour, so that any colour of wallpaper will match nicely.
    -it will be awesome if this theme has hidden dock and hidden today
    - app screen background, can you please make it plain black?
    --the font in phone log and address book is to big INMHO
    -transparent menu pop up will be awesome

Either way this theme is nice, and I can easily bet its gonna be popular.

04-03-10 06:06 AM
    Just installed this today and really digging it! One suggestion to the creator of this, change the blue backdrop on the selected icons from blue to one of the brownish hues from the home screen and app screen background. Overall nice work!
    04-03-10 04:10 PM
    absolutely love it......few things i would like to point out.

for me, its important to see battery on mail screen. just think its sorta one of those things you like checking out right on the mail screen at a quick glance. 2nd thing is profiles. i agree its easy to go to vib, but it would be nice to see what profile you are on.......if im at the gym, i want phone only, work normal etc...so is helpful to take a quick glance and know. perhaps im just used to stormy x which i love, but i happen to realllly dig the top of the screen on yours and like how the clickable items are highlighted. nice work.....agree on the background but thats minor, the theme works fast and looks fantastic!

cant wait to see the final release!!
    04-04-10 08:25 AM
    for me, its important to see battery on mail screen.
    Sholzer,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am not sure I understand the battery thing. Are you suggesting a bigger battery indicator or to remove the percent with the batter? Because when I check my message screen I see the battery indicator in the top left.
    04-04-10 09:07 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD