When I click to download the themes from this forum the option i get is to save it as a file to my comp. how do I get them from my comp to my phone? When I open up my bb manger and connect my phone and I click the file I want to add to my phone nothing gets added...? Any solutions or an easier way to get the themes to my phone?? Thanks!!
    12-12-09 05:09 PM
    Visit the links on your phone, then you can download strait to your phone.
    12-12-09 05:40 PM
    One of the ways I do it is to use a program called OTA Downloader available for free at Blackberry Software freeware and shareware for all BLACKBERRY devices.

You right click on the link, copy the shortcut, and then paste it into OTAdownloader. It will then download all the files and place them in a folder. I keep the folder on my PC, and also place it on my SD card. That way, when I wipe my phone to install new operating systems, I can just use the file program on my BB to find the theme folder, and then click on the .jad file in the folder (it is usually the smallest file also) and it installs the theme.

I try to download the themes I really like because you never know when the creator stops hosting his OTA (over-the-air) files.
    12-12-09 07:22 PM
    Both of those work but you can also install using the Desktop Manager and .alx files.
    12-12-09 08:35 PM
    Thank You!!!
    12-12-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD