Is there a guide for a first time theme designer that I can download?
    08-13-09 07:46 AM
    There are probably threads on CB about it, but a quick google search "blackberry theme builder guide" came up with this:

How To Create Your Own Blackberry Themes Using Plazmic Theme Builder
    08-13-09 08:12 AM
    that guide is almost useless. Tells you how to download it and change the plastic? Ok, now what? Would be nice to see how to set up some stuff like I am having issues with the "navigation." it gets all messed up for the docked icons. thanks
    08-13-09 10:10 AM
    There are probably threads on CB about it, but a quick google search "blackberry theme builder guide" came up with this:

How To Create Your Own Blackberry Themes Using Plazmic Theme Builder
    I tried that particular website and it was so dated that it doesn't work, really. I don't know if anyone ever tried it and had luck but I spent about an hour trying to download Blackberry JDE v4.2.1. like it says, but with no luck. (it said that was an old version but wouldn't give me a useful new version to download.)
    08-13-09 10:28 AM
    just dive in and play around with stuff..thats what i have been doing since yesterday..
    08-13-09 10:54 AM
    Ive got "most" basic stuff figured out but the navigation thing is tricky for me. How do you make it so the bottom icons are left/right and any can go up to the, for example, calendar or profiles? There are options to set up vertical, horizontal or none but for the life of me I cannot get it straight.
    08-13-09 11:47 AM
    What helped me figure that stuff out was opening a theme file that worked the way I wanted (you can DL theme files on this forum), and checking the box that displays the nav routes, then comparing those properly working routes to ones I am creating.
    08-13-09 11:51 AM
    You click on reposition icons then highlight one. You will see in the right side pain a navigation area with the selected icon in the middle surrounded by 4 boxes in 12, 3, 6, and 9 o clock positions. If your doing bottom dock you click on box to left and right and choose where you want it to go.

So if you have mail icon highlighted and messenger is to the left and sms is to right you click left box and point it to messenger. If there is nothing above highlighted icon make sure there is no link above. Click area above and point to no where.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:09 PM
    I want to know how to make it so that the icons on the homescreen are customizable rather than fixed to what I put them as. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD