I am looking for an options setting for the phone book which will cause it to display just the name and time/date of the call, and NOT include the number on a second line below the name. This allows many more "recent calls" to appear on the call log screen at one time.

This list format is usually controlled when "options" is selected from the phone book menu. However the setting called "Phone List View" is missing the option for "call log" which would display in single line format. Is there some other way to control this display?
    07-13-09 09:46 PM
    Maybe now that we are post-launch by a week plus someone has an answer for me. Is this theme controlled possibly? It is hugely inconvenient that you can only see 3 or 4 of your most recent calls listed at a time vs 10+ on all other model bberrys.
    07-21-09 04:34 AM
    maybe it's a function of the OS, i can't remember what it looked like on my storm (it's only been like 2 days and i've already forgot? weird.) but i seem to remember it looking like the tour, except with the larger screen, more people might have showed up.
    07-21-09 06:59 AM
    It used to list the name and date/time of call on one line of text, now it takes up two lines which is why you can only see 3 or 4 of your most recent calls at once. I want it the old way!!!!
    07-21-09 08:47 AM
    This is crazy annoying. Has anyone figured this out yet? There must be a solution.
    08-01-09 08:47 PM
    Yeah. Flick the trackball and scroll down. It's not that hard lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:04 PM
    It's a problem for those of us who get more than two phone calls a day.
    08-01-09 09:09 PM
    Love that last answer, thanks for the help.

Seriously, is there possibly a theme that addresses this issue? I dont usually download additional themes, but I would for a fix here.
    08-04-09 06:07 AM
    A theme might do the trick. (Sheesh, it's been only what, two weeks without my Curve themes and I can't remember what these details look like. )

Changing font to smaller does not help. It's the phone icon on the left that taking up all the room.
    08-04-09 06:26 AM
    Don't think there is a fix out now but when new theme's come out the developers may be able to change the way they are listed. I don't think rim will change this in future os releases but I could be wrong. It just seem not to be a big enough problem but that's only my opinion.
    08-04-09 08:16 AM
    I use MyCallLogs, it places the calls directly into my calendar and gives a lot of useful information. Not sure if it will be as useful for you though. Here is a couple of screenshots for you to see if this would be of benefit.

Just noticed the advertisement for the local Pizza shop. Darn I love pizza................
    08-04-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD