Go to Options, then About. Few lines down will say vX.X.X.XXX
    02-05-10 01:10 PM
    Also, ALT+left cap+H
    02-05-10 01:19 PM
    Also, ALT+left cap+H
    You physical-keyboard-BB-owners and your tricky shortcuts
    02-05-10 01:24 PM
    You physical-keyboard-BB-owners and your tricky shortcuts
    *snort* We are tricksy little hobbitses, we are...
    02-05-10 01:28 PM
    hi i got new blackberry onyx and my version already high which is version 5.0.0.330 is it important to upgrade to next version and is it much different with the higher version and my mobile is unlocked but got T-mobile signed. do i need upgrade OS from T-Mobile or not can be another provider such as telus mobility or bell mobility upgrade Os thanks
    02-05-10 01:28 PM
    Funny that nobody mentioned this:

Once your BB is plugged into the USB port, launch Desktop Manager. From the main menu, look in the top right corner of the application for "Help". Click Help, then Device Properties. The fifth item down (Application Version) will be your OS version.
    02-05-10 01:45 PM
    hi i got new blackberry onyx and my version already high which is version 5.0.0.330 is it important to upgrade to next version and is it much different with the higher version and my mobile is unlocked but got T-mobile signed. do i need upgrade OS from T-Mobile or not can be another provider such as telus mobility or bell mobility upgrade Os thanks
    First: Welcome to CrackBerry!
    Second: You should start your own thread rather than post on someone else's. It's poor etiquette, and you will get better results with your own thread.
    Third: You do not have to use your carrier's "official" OS, but it does have to be for your specific model (9700). The latest official 9700 OS is .442, that's what I'm running. It is actually from Zain Jordan, not AT&T or T-Mobile. I would read threads commenting on .442 and see if it is worth it to upgrade for you. Personally, I always upgrade to the newest official OS. I don't usually bother with leaked OSs unless they get very positive responses from people. It's a personal preference, really.

If you are running .330, I would recommend upgrading. Battery is much improved in .442, and there are several other smaller tweaks.
    02-05-10 01:58 PM
    Thanks everyone <3
    02-05-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD