NOW RELEASED

aeroBerry

Bringing the organized and easy to navigate Windows Media Center interface to your Blackberry!

KDThemes aeroCenter - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    -
    YOUTUBE VIDEO:

A few elements unique to this theme not seen in any other on the market:

Real Time Semi-Transparent to Fully Opaque sliding icons:
    In the middle of the screen when you scroll through the icons in a category (pictured Media Center) the icons not selected are semi-transparent. In real time, when you scroll to the icon, as it slides into the focus frame, it becomes a fully colored opaque image, just like in Windows Media Center

Real Time Offscreen Icon Fades:
    As pictured above, icons that are "coming onto" or "leaving" the screen depending on where your selection is scrolled to begin to fade off-screen if leaving or on-screen if coming. Take a look at the Camera and Videos icons for examples.

4 Category Easy Transitions:
    Scrolling up and down accesses your categories (Messaging, Media Center, Applications, Control Panel) and as you scroll between the categories, it quickly and effortlessly takes you to the section you desire, scrolling quickly to the icons you want, when you want them! Getting to the right app fast just got easier. (Once scrolled to a category, scrolling left or right accesses its applications, scrolling up or down from that point goes to another category)

Other Features:
    • 19 applications sorted into 4 different categories all on the homescreen
    • 6 User Defined icons for those 3rd party or miscellaneous apps of your choice
    • Hidden Today that pops up when selecting Calendar or Messages under the Messaging Tab (Scroll UP from Msgs or Cal to access hidden today, scroll down from hidden today to go back to messaging tab)
    • Composer garbage code taken out and swapped with handcoded SVG by KD to ensure that this theme runs FAST and EFFICIENT on your device!

Hey Crackberry Theme Addicts!, KD here.

With the success of boxBerry and its use of the "Tabs" feature to organize applications, I wanted to run with that idea and apply it to future themes.

I was navigating through Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360 when I realized how easy it was to get to my videos as opposed to my pictures, how when at my videos section, I could sort everything so easy and just as quickly move to my Music section, or my computer section...it all flowed so well.

I took a step back again and actually looked at the interface design of WMC. Kudos to them for sure for designing such an easy to use interface. I realized how easy it would be to get the basic structure down into a Blackberry...and after figuring out how to do some of the unique elements like real time transparency to full opacity slides and icon fades, I got to work on aeroBerry right away!

Last edited by kdjayo; 07-31-10 at 06:17 PM.
    07-23-10 01:41 AM
    Nice! you gonna do this in any other colors, possibly black or red maybe?
    07-23-10 06:27 PM
    Nice! you gonna do this in any other colors, possibly black or red maybe?
    Nooo its sticking to the current layout, BUT a cool little feature that I added is that whatever wallpaper you choose, the user defined icons on the bottom row take on the color of your wallpaper, so if you have a red wallpaper, the buttons mask onto that wallpaper giving you the red background of your wallpaper as the button color... does that make sense? its really cool, it helps the theme flow with whichever wallpaper you choose
    07-23-10 06:55 PM
    Sounds pretty awesome KD. can't wait to see this bad boy in action.
    07-24-10 01:04 AM
    this sounds like one of the best themes I've read or seen i would love to test it for you here is my pin 32324038. im using the bold 9650
    07-24-10 10:43 PM
    07-28-10 05:10 PM
    YOUTUBE VIDEO:
    07-28-10 06:09 PM
    Lettering is not crisp or clear. Icons have literally no definition. Flows well but the eye appeal is definitely lacking. Themes, especially premium should provide the consumer with more than subpar, underdeveloped work. Not appealing in the least. I am truly disappointed. And true, it is never seen before. In a negative way. A 14 year old kid made a theme for free last week that puts this to shame. Come on, you can do better than this! Shame

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 10:26 PM
    Why is the lettering under the scrolling icons broken up. So unclear. Crisp, decisive lettering shouldn't be difficult to achieve. That's a turn off especially on home screen. I'd rather have quality than quantity. A good theme lives on for months and sometimes years. Just ask Natemz and Danielloco.

07-28-10 10:36 PM
    Lettering is not crisp or clear. Icons have literally no definition. Flows well but the eye appeal is definitely lacking. Themes, especially premium should provide the consumer with more than subpar, underdeveloped work. Not appealing in the least. I am truly disappointed. And true, it is never seen before. In a negative way. A 14 year old kid made a theme for free last week that puts this to shame. Come on, you can do better than this! Shame

Why is the lettering under the scrolling icons broken up. So unclear. Crisp, decisive lettering shouldn't be difficult to achieve. That's a turn off especially on home screen. I'd rather have quality than quantity. A good theme lives on for months and sometimes years. Just ask Natemz and Danielloco.

Hmmm, I am all for constructive criticism, but speaking of appealing, your tone is really turning ME off. Theres a difference between stating concerns as opposed to insulting someones work.

With that being said, we can move on to the points you mentioned.

Running a tour 9630 obviously, screen resolution 480x360, which this theme was based around, I made sure every single one of the scrolling icons and text was as clean and clear as possible. Not only are the images exported with full PNG-24 quality graphics, they have been enhanced and filtered for the purest quality. Exported with max RGB colors via 32-bit RGB in composer, I fail to see how they can get any better...can you please provide a screenshot? because id be happy to show you one from my screen, right now:

Granted, Capture_IT takes horrible quality photos, the text is very legible and clear, however thats my opinion and youre granted to have your own of course.

Now, Im off to go create more sub-par, underdeveloped interfaces for you guys, oh wait I have a call from my 14 year old cousin who has been helping me create better themes, cause to be honest...his work puts mine to shame.

Oh and PS to Natemz if you're there, Your work actually DOES rock, so I guess lovemyspanish got something right

PPS: In the spirit of professionalism, if you are truly and utterly unsatisfied with the theme please email me at [email protected] with your order number and ill proccess a refund.
    Last edited by kdjayo; 07-29-10 at 12:10 AM.
    07-29-10 12:06 AM
    Looks like u been slammed hard. This theme kicks ***. I wish u could make a update with different color schemes. Black white red or even translucent to coincide with any wallpaper. Good job

07-29-10 10:15 AM
    This theme is great. Lots of features. It is crisp and I am running it on a Tour. The only request I have is the hidden today section is using a white font that is sometimes hard to read over the backgroud since part of the background is white. Maybe a bold font would be good. Thanks!
    07-29-10 12:02 PM
    This theme is great. Lots of features. It is crisp and I am running it on a Tour. The only request I have is the hidden today section is using a white font that is sometimes hard to read over the backgroud since part of the background is white. Maybe a bold font would be good. Thanks!
    I am looking into making the hidden today more legible by adding a semi transparent background that pops up when you select calendar/messages/SMS

The Trackball versions are able to choose their own custom wallpaper so if the wallpaper is too crazy for you and you wish to not wait for an update to be released, then you can always change ur wallpaper out in the mean time.

Hope that helps!
    07-29-10 01:07 PM
    I am sorry if "my tone" turned you off and I appreciate my refund. However it should not take a half page to sell people on your theme. You make it sound like your themes are "all that" when in truth they are memory hogs and slow down devices. You should have figured that out with Boxberry. No, I know nada about theme making and I've heard it is difficult. But I've purchased enough premium themes to know the difference in quality versus a chance to make a buck. Most purchasers will tell you if a theme is crappy, it doesn't last the day. I don't mind paying for what I get but I want to get what I pay for. I am the queen of themes and I know when I've been jacked. Don't jack me or the public with all the long stories about what your themes can do. Why don't you sit back and decide to give us a great theme as opposed to how the words will sound on your soapbox. Jump down and do the right thing.

07-31-10 06:53 PM
    I am sorry if "my tone" turned you off and I appreciate my refund. However it should not take a half page to sell people on your theme. You make it sound like your themes are "all that" when in truth they are memory hogs and slow down devices. You should have figured that out with Boxberry. No, I know nada about theme making and I've heard it is difficult. But I've purchased enough premium themes to know the difference in quality versus a chance to make a buck. Most purchasers will tell you if a theme is crappy, it doesn't last the day. I don't mind paying for what I get but I want to get what I pay for. I am the queen of themes and I know when I've been jacked. Don't jack me or the public with all the long stories about what your themes can do. Why don't you sit back and decide to give us a great theme as opposed to how the words will sound on your soapbox. Jump down and do the right thing.

:O Youre welcome, if you arent satisfied with a product of course I wanna talk with you and come to a conclusion, whether it be a refund or exchange you know? But I do believe my themes are high quality, are optimized to reduce lag and memory leaks. MOST themes with alot of features do cause a phone to leak more memory than usual, but we all have BLACKBERRIES...the leakiest of all leaky phone devices, I dont have to pull my battery on an old crappy storm 1 but once a week, I have been running aerocenter and my memory is still 12mb from 7 days ago at 20mb... I dont try to make a quick buck, I prefer to design custom interfaces rather than hop on bandwagons if you know what I mean.

Im sorry you feel my last two themes were low quality...but I cant and dont wish to try and force you or anybody to see that my themes are of a high caliber...it is what it is... I honestly hope you will be satisfied next time, and thats all I have to say on the matter.
    07-31-10 07:08 PM
    Awsome theme and a great idea, although a few things in the execution make it pretty much unusable for me anyway. Few ideas for some updates:

1. Weather Dock, all themes should have one or at least the option
    2. The scrolling bars need to be customizable, most of the default programs you put in them I personally don't use.
    3. Click-able volume and clock icons on the home page, they are there, just not click-able to take you to the settings for that particular program.
    4. Wallpaper and background are way to busy. Although you can change the background on the main screen it remains on the programs screen and makes the icons harder to see.

With some tweaking it could be made into a darn good theme, i really like the idea of it. Don't take this as me ********, just some constructive criticism.
    07-31-10 08:10 PM
    Awsome theme and a great idea, although a few things in the execution make it pretty much unusable for me anyway. Few ideas for some updates:

1. Weather Dock, all themes should have one or at least the option
    2. The scrolling bars need to be customizable, most of the default programs you put in them I personally don't use.
    3. Click-able volume and clock icons on the home page, they are there, just not click-able to take you to the settings for that particular program.
    4. Wallpaper and background are way to busy. Although you can change the background on the main screen it remains on the programs screen and makes the icons harder to see.

With some tweaking it could be made into a darn good theme, i really like the idea of it. Don't take this as me ********, just some constructive criticism.
    1. In regards to the weather dock, there just wasnt any room for a weather icon on the homescreen...

2. that isnt possible but is of course something us developers would love to be possible

3. The navigation models on trackballs for this theme dont allow for that without making it all funky when you are trying to navigate the theme

4. alot of people have been mentioning that and I am going to be changing the wallpaper for the application menu and other menus since it makes the lettering hard to read.

I do not take any of your post as ********, this is the kind of constructive criticism that helps themes move forward, thanks for the input and ive added it to my list of fixes to be implmented.
    07-31-10 08:38 PM
    New aeroCenter Release/Updates

• -All of the text under the icons in the categories have been redone to be more clear crisp and sharp
    • -Due to the inability for the user to change the wallpaper on the Storm versions homescreen, a new darker wallpaper has been added. This includes all trackball/pad devices as well, although on trackball devices you can still change the wallpaper to one of your choice
    • -The application screen and phone call screen wallpapers have been changed to this new darker wallpaper as well to make icon visiblity easier on the eyes
    • -A transparent black dimmer has been added behind the hidden today area on all devices. This shows when highlighting items on the Messaging category, and hides when focused out.
    • -Fixed a very rare bug on some trackball devices that allowed the user to scroll left from the bottom row of icons and switch the categories up, causing the need to reload the theme
    08-08-10 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD