Hey all,

I'm sure this has been addressed a million times but I can't seem to find it: how do you set the home screen to display the next 2-3 items coming up on your calendar?

Doing a Google search, it seems that the right "theme" will do it, but I haven't found such a theme and does one really need to pay $7-8 for a theme only to add that feature? I'm fine with everything else and have already changed the background, so I'd only be switching themes to gain this feature.

Otherwise, I'm loving my new Tour overall (especially after dealing with my Treo 700w for 3 years).

Thanks in advance!
    Matt
    08-07-09 01:22 AM
    Themes are starting to come on for the Tour, be patient. There were some Tour theme(s) listed on the front page of CB today. Check them out
    08-07-09 01:26 AM
    Oh, and welcome to crackberry!!
    08-07-09 01:27 AM
    Thanks for the speedy reply!

Just to confirm: changing the theme is the only way to have it do this?

(this is my first blackberry so I'm still trying to get some of the basics)

Thanks again --
    08-07-09 01:28 AM
    i paid the 7 8 bucks for it just because i have appointments everyday and like to see them on my home screen even though i will find another one for free probably later this week from a good developer i like what i have now i just wish rim would have included one this time. Runs fast though
    08-07-09 01:31 AM
    Yes you need a theme that will do this. RIM does not include this in their preloaded themes
    08-07-09 01:32 AM
    Ok sounds good. I'll keep an eye out and if anyone sees a good one come up (even a paid one if it's good), please let me know!

It's a shame because I actually really like this out-of-box theme if it weren't for the lack of that one feature. I guess I took it for granted on the Treo, but I've grown to rely on it.

Thanks also for the welcome -- I'll be a happy contributor once I finally figure this thing out!
    08-07-09 01:37 AM
    There is a paid one on the front page of CB. The gentleman above bought it and put pictures of it in his reply so you could see it. Look a couple reply's above
    08-07-09 01:41 AM
    Yeah I was looking at that one and wasn't a huge fan. Worth a try I guess!
    08-07-09 02:01 AM
    I'll wait for the free ones to come out. For 8 bucks it would have to make my coffee and it doesn't seem to have that function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:02 AM
    I mae a thread about this subject too. Event reminder I think is what they call it.

The Blackberry Pearl has this app pre-installed. Can't wait for this on the Tour!
    08-07-09 09:00 AM
    For the record, I downloaded the theme benatrrgolf mentioned above and it's _terrible_. I've since gone back to the default theme.

All someone needs to do is take the default theme and add the "event reminder" listing above the icons along the bottom. Heck, they could even charge for it and I'm sure it would be very popular.

How a phone as well thought out as this one doesn't come with this feature is beyond me!
    08-08-09 10:24 PM
    Bplay: BlackBerry Games, Themes and Entertainment

This is the place. Go to themes page
    08-08-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD