I'm new to this site, so I appologize if this is not where I ask these questions, but I want to put a nice theme on my BB Tour, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. I've tried to read around, but some of this stuff is over my head. I attempted one theme, and it was a .jsb (?) file, and when I attempted the "d/l", it stated that the "Download Failed". What types of file extensions should I be looking for when choosing a theme? And how do I actually get the theme to work?
    06-27-10 01:54 PM
    I would suggest that you read this lecture first. BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

Let us know if you still need help afterward.
    06-27-10 01:57 PM
    My BB desktop is funky. Everytime I go to the file management portion it basically locks up my computer and goes extremely slow. Is there an initial program I need to install on the phone before I start adding themes? Maybe this is why the theme I tried isn't working?

BTW, thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated.
    06-27-10 02:02 PM
    My BB desktop is funky. Everytime I go to the file management portion it basically locks up my computer and goes extremely slow. Is there an initial program I need to install on the phone before I start adding themes? Maybe this is why the theme I tried isn't working?

BTW, thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated.
    The easiest way to install themes is to skip the Desktop Manager altogether and download them OTA (over the air) directly to your BlackBerry.
    06-27-10 02:07 PM
    *Just wanted to note that I added a more descriptive title, will help people better understand what kind of help is needed while reading the title.

As stated by lak611, I would have to say OTA downloads will be the best bet. Many theme developers provide these. You can either email yourself the link, or browse to the site via your BB and download.
    06-27-10 02:10 PM
    I d/l the .jab for my desired theme, and emailed the file to my email account that gets forwarded to my BB. That was successful, but when I d/l on my phone, and went to install, it said d/l failed. Both attempts (different themes) have provided the same result.
    06-27-10 02:15 PM
    You think maybe I need to change my app. permissions? I'm 0-3 so far.
    06-27-10 02:24 PM
    I think I figured it out. I just copied the d/l link instead of attaching the actual .jad file and I think it worked. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. Greatly appreciated.
    06-27-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD