What would you all say is the most USEFUL and (preferably) functioning (see: broken sms today text) free theme available?

I mean, on the main screen, which provides the most information the fastest and allows for customization. The 3g Tour theme with its extra slot at the top allows for one to add only one extra icon, and I'm finding many others to be laggy,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 06:08 AM
    The only two that have stuck with me is the BlackBerry Pro v3 Tour Black by Natemz and RedZapper's 3GTour. Everything else I have tried have been pretty laggy and/or buggy.

As of right now, I'm rocking the BBProv3 due to its integrated Hidden Today Messaging and Calendar apps on the lower dock, freeing up extra space for more of my most-used BB applications. I disliked the theme at first, but it grew on me the more that I used it and once customized to my liking it's my preferred theme of choice. It also comes with a seventh dock spot, which I use for a free weather app.

Per your specifications, I'd recommend Natemz's BBProv3 Theme.
    08-19-09 06:33 AM
    i have a hidden today with weather theme available that is clean and fast. *shameless self promotion* iTour
    08-19-09 09:19 AM
    +1 for redzappers 3g Tour theme
    08-19-09 10:01 AM
    i find the rotunda theme to be most useful.
    08-19-09 11:11 AM
    black berry pro v3 best theme so farr
    08-19-09 11:59 AM
    black berry pro v3 best theme so farr

*This message has been approved*

Best theme out, period.

08-19-09 12:19 PM
    *This message has been approved*

Best theme out, period.

i agree that it is very convenient and easy to use, but holy **** it's ugly (my opinion). the interface could be nicer, maybe by using more than just one color on the theme. a little diversity, please!
    08-19-09 12:40 PM
    i agree that it is very convenient and easy to use, but holy **** it's ugly (my opinion). the interface could be nicer, maybe by using more than just one color on the theme. a little diversity, please!
    i put a nice dc background to match the colors and i dont think its ugly =p
    dono =p
    08-19-09 01:39 PM
    3G Tour theme gets my vote. It is clean, very useful and has 0 lag.

08-19-09 01:55 PM
    The BlackBerry Pro v3 Tour Black by Natemz.
    08-19-09 02:08 PM
    I say 3G too
    08-19-09 02:30 PM
    I definitely agree with this... but I also, DEFINITELY am feeling the BB Prov3 theme. It certainly could use a lil diversity though. Actually, it's my main theme, behind 3G Tour.
    08-19-09 02:55 PM
    Blackberry Pro v3 is the best. I have tried some others and always go back .

08-19-09 03:14 PM
    Tell me how you really feel about my theme iroq. lol
    Last edited by Natemz; 08-19-09 at 03:28 PM.
    08-19-09 03:22 PM
    i put a nice dc background to match the colors and i dont think its ugly =p
    dono =p
    yeah, i tried different backgrounds as well, still wasn't feeling it. oh well, to each their own!
    08-19-09 04:10 PM
    Pro v3 theme definitely is the best and most useful out there right now.

08-22-09 08:56 AM
    I'm using Nate's Pro V3 in BLUE during the week, mainly because I think it's just sleek and classy. Very professional looking amongst colleagues.

When it's time to meet for drinks, or the weekend rolls around, I use Andyriot's iTour theme. Fun to have Apple's icons as it always sparks a conversation, and it's a very sharp, clean theme.

Both have, in my opinion, near zero lag. Very smooth themes with everything I could ask for if I were to design one.
    08-22-09 09:52 AM
    Basically what everyone else said, Pro v3 (black) is so far the most useful. And to those who aren't satisfied with the look, add a custom background definitely helps!!
    08-22-09 11:45 PM
    Tour L Precision Today is my favorite, after trying many others. I was really looking for was a simple L shaped theme that uses the stock icons, which I think are excellent out of the box. I go for simple and functional.

My short reviews on the ones I have test driven:

BB Pro 3- nice and functional, but the monochromatic color scheme is a little much for me.

Equilibrium (premium) - I was desperate for something with more than 6 icons on the home screen. This was worth 3 bucks as a stop gap but no longer worth it with the freebies out there.

Today + - also nice and functional but not enough icons on home screen for me.

Foreberry - aesthetically GORGEOUS, but again, only 6 icons on home screen - not enough for me.
    08-23-09 09:24 AM
    Precision L Today Theme. Contains the most info that I prefer and zero lag. Love it! I've downloaded at least 8 themes and love Precision the best.
    08-23-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD