Updated 03/28/10 - Added versions for hidden today, weather app text and buttons on home screen

Well after making several standard themes, I thought I would give it a shot at using Composer and making a minimal wallpaper friendly theme.

This is the result - Blue Minimal

Note: - Previous downloads were called Minimal Blue. Please delete old version from your Blackberry.

There are two versions to choose from:
    - Version 1 has custom buttons for Calendar, Messages and SMS/MMS
    - Version 2 has an added 4th button for Blackberry Browser

Both versions use default icons and have one button on the main screen for the app of your choice. There are also hidden buttons on the main screen. The clock is a button which launches the Blackberry clock app, the signal indicator is a button for the manage connections app and the battery meter is a button for options.

The spacebar is also a shortcut for either Quicklaunch or ShortcutMe.

Movement is horizontal for all buttons, except the profiles (up from calendar) and the app of your choice (up from battery) and clock app (down from SMS/MMS - Ver. 1 or from SMS/MMS and Browser - Ver. 2).

On versions with hidden today, all movement is horizontal, even for profiles and app of your choice. This way you can access the calendar, messages and sms/mms by scrolling up. Only the clock app isn't. Access is still the same as described above.

Wallpaper available for download at bottom of post.

Version 1

Version 2

Hidden Today & Weather App Text

OTA LINKS

VERSION 1

1A - Default No Browser
    9700 5.0

1B - No Browser with Weather App Text
    9700 5.0

1C - No Browser with Hidden Today
    9700 5.0

1D - No Browser with Hidden Today and Weather App Text
    9700 5.0

VERSION 2

2A - Default Browser
    9700 5.0

2B - Browser with Weather App Text
    9700 5.0

2C - Browser with Hidden Today
    9700 5.0

2D - Browser with Hidden Today and Weather App Text
    9700 5.0

If you enjoy this theme, please consider a donation:

Be sure to check out my Blackblerry Theme Blog for all my themes
    Last edited by jcarley0830; 03-28-10 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added wallpaper
    03-23-10 11:53 PM
    Nice thanks!!!!!!!!Can you post wallpaper from version 2?
    03-24-10 07:48 AM
    pink version would be nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 07:51 AM
    Hidden today versions possible?
    03-24-10 09:38 AM
    This looks awesome. I love it. Thanks.
    03-24-10 09:41 AM
    Nice thanks!!!!!!!!Can you post wallpaper from version 2?
    Wallpaper same for both versions. Will post tonight.

03-24-10 10:28 AM
    Hidden today versions possible?
    I didn't think there would be much interest in hidden today on minimal theme. I can do if you like.

03-24-10 12:29 PM
    I didn't think there would be much interest in hidden today on minimal theme. I can do if you like.

Only if you have time.
    03-24-10 01:51 PM
    This is a very nice theme, I love wallpaper friendly minimal themes! I have been using Reverie D for a long time!, now I'ma try this one out for a while. By chance is there shortcuts to Options & Manage Connections?

Edit: Is there any way to make that weather app slot show what the app is called when highlighted... b/c I use WeatherBug & I need to hover over it for it to show me the Temp... thanks!
    Last edited by PoPcOrNPiMpZ; 03-24-10 at 07:23 PM.
    03-24-10 07:17 PM
    The only issue I c is, the dates in emails and msgs are too big. They are cur off.

03-24-10 08:08 PM
    This is a very nice theme, I love wallpaper friendly minimal themes! I have been using Reverie D for a long time!, now I'ma try this one out for a while. By chance is there shortcuts to Options & Manage Connections?

Edit: Is there any way to make that weather app slot show what the app is called when highlighted... b/c I use WeatherBug & I need to hover over it for it to show me the Temp... thanks!

I initially started out with shortcut for connections, but since I rarely use it, I didn't include it. I can work on one with these options if you like them.

Maybe use signal indicator for connections and battery for options.

Will incorporate with version so weather app text shows. May be early next week before I can get to it.

Will post when updated.
    03-24-10 09:34 PM
    Added wallpaper for download as requested.
    03-24-10 09:40 PM
    Thank you very much, it'd be greatly appreciate it & cause me to use this theme for a long time! I love blue & adding the options, manage connections & profile/weather slot text showing would seal the deal!!

03-24-10 10:14 PM
    I would definitely love to use this theme, but the only thing missing for me is that Hidden Today capability lol.
    Weather Slot - Yes
    Looks slick/professional - Yes
    Hidden Today - No
    Me downloading - only if hidden today comes around lol
    03-24-10 10:21 PM
    +1 on hidden today
    03-25-10 05:00 AM
    wallpaper same for both versions. Will post tonight.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for posting the wallpaper!!!!!
    03-25-10 09:43 AM
    Looks like there is more interest in hidden today than I thought. Will work on some new versions and hopefully post sometime this weekend.

Thanks for everyone's interest!
    03-25-10 01:45 PM
    Very slick looking theme! I like it, good job!
    03-26-10 12:47 PM
    I have added additional hidden buttons for manage connections and options as well as versions for hidden today and weather app text.

Please see original post for complete details.

Let me know if anything isn't working right. It's hard to keep it all straight sometimes!!
    03-28-10 08:33 PM
    Awesome job! I am really in love w/ this theme now that you added the text above the Weather slot. I was originally expecting it to show up when you hight light the icon - but nope, you went a step above & had it show all the time, which is great! This theme is awesome! The only other things that I'd really like would be the Manage Connections hight light/button include the 1XEV as well, if possible, would look better to me, but w/o it's still great, so not a biggie. Ummm... if anyway to make the high light over the weather slot & profiles just be a glow or something? The blue high light looks sweet w/ the default wallpaper, but when you change it the blue can look odd. IDK lol, just something. And finally... if you could make it so when you change the wallpaper it changes on the APP screen as well? Lol... so to ask for so much! If you can't do this, or prefer not to, I wouldn't mind. Those are just small things that would make this theme just that much better than it already is! And it's dang near perfect! thanks again... .!!
    03-28-10 11:52 PM
    Awesome update! Super work and much appreciated on the hidden today addition!
    03-29-10 06:43 AM
    i love this theme.thanks for the wallpaper.i downloaded 2d .but i can't get weather info on the home screen.is it a particular weather app that you are using in the screen shotsfor version 2? where the weather info should show i get a message envelope.
    03-30-10 04:13 PM
    The weather app I am using is BerryWeather, which can be found in the Crackberry app store. Lots of people also use Weatherbug or WeatherEye, which is free.

You have to have a weather app installed and placed in the first slot on the app screen for the icon to show on the main screen. The way you describe the messages icons leads me to believe you don't have an app installed or it's not in the first slot.
    03-30-10 06:03 PM
    jcarley0830, this is a great theme! I love the battery indicator. Did you make that or did you find that somewhere online? I would love to incorporate that in one that I am building.
    03-30-10 09:13 PM
    jcarley thanks again .great theme.i do have bb weather on my phone .i just did not have it in 1st app slot .as soon as i moved it there the icon shows on main screen.
    03-30-10 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD