I just got my new Blackberry Tour from Verizon and i was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how i can keep my tour from getting slow later on, what kind of apps, if any, should i download. This goes for memory as well, is there any way to free up memory since they don't allow you to save apps on the mini sd card. Also i used the video recording for the first time and it froze i had to pull out the battery to restart it, is this something that i should be worried about? does it usually happen on all BlackBerry's? Also i was trying to download Opera mini browser but could not find the link anywhere, anyone know where i can download it and is it really faster than the BlackBerry brower?

Thank You
    08-10-09 10:28 PM
    Opera mini can be found at mini.opera.com

When it comes to memory u can delete certain software like language packs that can save u some room. The only way to know what apps u want is to check them out and if u don't like them u can delete them or u can archive them in your memory card and save them for a rainy day. Productivity apps like google are always helpful also feed readers.

P.s. If u don't like opera u can try BOLT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 10:40 PM
    The Tour comes with a pretty good amount of RAM for storing and running apps. There are a few apps you can use to schedule a reset window to free up any memory that is tied up.

MeterBerry is a good one for monitoring battery and memory status, plus reset the device during the overnight is helpful.

I would just make sure as you add apps keep an eye on when you start to see any memory leaks as they are called, it could be a theme, an app or combination.
    08-11-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD