First I was going to post this as just an update to my first Zen Plus theme, but Zen Plus 2 contains so many updates it is almost like a whole different theme!!

Zen Plus 2 Features:
    **Weather Slot (Use Slot 1 on the App Menu)
    **Clickable clock and manage connections hotspots
    **QuickLaunch HotKey (SPACE BAR)
    **4 mini user defined icons on the left linked to Hidden Today Area
    **12 user defined icons on hidden/scrolling dock
    **Redesigned Application and Home Screen banners featuring battery percentage
    **Working 3G Logo replaces 1XEV
    **Transitions to and from all screens
    **New item notification recolored
    **"Floating" Icons on both Home and Application Screens
    **Redesigned Incoming and Active Call Screens

!!UPDATE!!
    Version 2.1
    Updated Features
    **Correct "HUGE" font issue!! The fonts are now user definable!!
    **Customized Icons
    (Icon set used: Chrome Icons which can be found at Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab))
    **Correct Text over image issue on call screens
    **Redid the dialouge box text for a better look

OTA can be found at MyBBOTA.com Download - Zen Plusn 2.1

Version 2.0.1 Features
    This update corrected several mirror bugs with the first version. The changes are:
    **Corrected clickable clock - it now highlights when focused on
    **Fixed the scroll dock. It no longer loops back on itself. Also, all icons on the scroll dock are linked to Theme Button 5 which is the last icon on the left side dock.
    **Changed the underlay for the weather slot. I removed the big ugly box and replaced it with the small blue dot for a more polished look.
    **Changed the dialog box background and font color. The text is now readable.
    **Changed fonts to match through out the theme
    **Extended Status Area on Home Screen to allow Application Names to fully display.
    **Redesigned the banners on both the Home and Application Screens.
    **Adjusted location of "My Number" on the Active Call screen to prevent the number from bring cut off.

ADDITIONS
    **Weather Slot on lockscreen
    **QuickLaunch Hotspot added. Press the SPACE BAR to bring it up.

Updated Screen Shots below.

Special Notes:
    I added a small blue dot underlay to the Home Screen Icons. This helps show the icon selected if the App Icon doesn't change (like foursquare). This underlay carries over to the Application Screen as well. Manage Connections, and Clock Hotspots have a normal blue underlay when focused on.

To bring the Hidden Dock up use $
    To hide the Hidden Dock use ESCAPE

The Home Screen is Wallpaper friendly. I tried to space the icons out enough to allow good visibility of the wallpaper as well.

I did redesign the other backgrounds such as the Active Call BG and Incoming Call BG.

Only the four icons on the left are linked to the Hidden Today area.

I spent a good amount on this theme but if you have suggestions or notice any bugs, please let me know!!

Theme can be loaded on to your BB via Desktop Manager using the ZIP file attached.

Special Thanks to:
    Matt Ginsberg (Matt Ginsberg | Web and Graphic Designer | Blackberry Theme Developer) and "Big Papa" for their help with the Home Screen
    Thanks also goes to the community at Blackberry Theme Lab for their provided feedback as well as those here for your continuing feed back!

Bruc K for the 3G network font

And many others for their help in this theme's development!

KNOWN ISSUES
    ** There is still a little overlaping of callers' name and their picture. A "maintenance update" will be pushed out later today.

Zen Plus link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/fr...-theme-465061/
    Last edited by ben.keen; 07-07-10 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Updated with known issues
    05-19-10 07:52 PM
    Very nice! Excellent user interface. Love the in call screen. Very nice!
    Couple very minor bugs that I know you will take care of with a future update.
    Thank you for your hard work.
    05-19-10 08:33 PM
    Here are two screen shots from my device. I'm working on the font issue and the clock issue now, hope to have 2.0.1 out this weeekend.
    05-20-10 11:59 AM
    This is very nice.....AND Fast.....excellent.

Thank you
    05-20-10 12:18 PM
    Kool Theme

Scrolling Docks need to stop at the 1st slots (when scrolling sideways it never stops)

It needs to come to a stop to let the user know he's reached the 1st set of icons

I said all that because i wanted to go up to the 4 icons on the left but it never stopped automatically meaning i had to remember which icon i had in the 1st position to go up to the 4 Icons on the left

Or you can add the function to allow the user to go up to the 4 icons whenever the dock stops

I found that i couldnt go up to the 4 icons on the left unless i was at the 1st row of icons

Spacebar for QL

This is a must

Overlay for Menu isnt Transparent

I had a hard time reading app names and words in QL

Other than that its a great theme

Keep up the good work
    Last edited by cornbread16; 05-20-10 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Additions
    05-20-10 12:36 PM
    Great Theme Love the first one and love this one even more. Just 1 small issue. For some reason it lags when I have it installed. Even after a battery pull it still lags for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 02:18 PM
    Kool Theme

Scrolling Docks need to stop at the 1st slots (when scrolling sideways it never stops)

It needs to come to a stop to let the user know he's reached the 1st set of icons

I said all that because i wanted to go up to the 4 icons on the left but it never stopped automatically meaning i had to remember which icon i had in the 1st position to go up to the 4 Icons on the left

Or you can add the function to allow the user to go up to the 4 icons whenever the dock stops

I found that i couldnt go up to the 4 icons on the left unless i was at the 1st row of icons

Spacebar for QL

This is a must

Overlay for Menu isnt Transparent

I had a hard time reading app names and words in QL

Other than that its a great theme

Keep up the good work
    Thanks for the input! I think I will take your advice for the dock. I noticed the same thing when I was working with it today on my Tour. I'll make the change part of 2.0.1!! Look for an update this weekend!!
    05-20-10 02:21 PM
    Great Theme Love the first one and love this one even more. Just 1 small issue. For some reason it lags when I have it installed. Even after a battery pull it still lags for me.

Which OS are you running? I'm running the official OS from VZW and I don't see a lag. I want to make sure that the theme performs well on any OS. Sorry that it is lagging on you; hopefully with some of the tweaks I'm working on with 2.0.1 the lag will disappear. Please let me know if you have any other problems and please don't forget to rate this bad boy (just a small favor I am asking for )

05-20-10 02:42 PM
    Which OS are you running? I'm running the official OS from VZW and I don't see a lag. I want to make sure that the theme performs well on any OS. Sorry that it is lagging on you; hopefully with some of the tweaks I'm working on with 2.0.1 the lag will disappear. Please let me know if you have any other problems and please don't forget to rate this bad boy (just a small favor I am asking for )

I'm using OS 5.0.0.405 on ATT. Thank you for checking into it.

05-20-10 06:03 PM
    Yes I agree!! QL space bar is a must for me too! and I do donate!! :-)
    05-20-10 09:28 PM
    Yes I agree!! QL space bar is a must for me too! and I do donate!! :-)

Check it out, I just released version 2.0.1. QuickLaunch hotspot added! Use the Space bar to launch it. Let me know if there are any problems with it because I don't have QuickLaunch on Tour.
    05-22-10 12:30 PM
    Can we have one with one smooth font or user defined font throughout and default red notification flags? Thanks!!

05-22-10 01:07 PM
    Can we have one with one smooth font or user defined font throughout and default red notification flags? Thanks!!

Yeah, I can look into doing that. I have to work on my Storm theme because I got beta testers waiting for it.

For the font, are you looking for the same font on all displays?
    05-22-10 01:12 PM
    Oh thanks! Yes I use BB Global Sans personally, and it would be great to have it user definable, but BB Alpha Sans / Condensed would be fine...I'm just not liking the menu font. Looks too lite and a bit jagged for me. Thanks again!!

05-22-10 01:21 PM

Hey Ben I downloaded the theme and I REALLY like it! Good job! Although I agree with omen boy and the font throughout should be user defined set in our default screen and keyboard option!!
    AND THE QUICLAUNCH WORKS GREAT!!! that has become standard equipment in themes now days!! works good!! very responsive, once again GREAT JOB!!
    05-22-10 01:23 PM
    Hey Ben I downloaded the theme and I REALLY like it! Good job! Although I agree with omen boy and the font throughout should be user defined set in our default screen and keyboard option!!
    AND THE QUICLAUNCH WORKS GREAT!!! that has become standard equipment in themes now days!! works good!! very responsive, once again GREAT JOB!!
    Great, I'm glad QuickLaunch works. I just didn't have anyway of testing it so I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I guess since more than one person is asking I can make a version of 2.0.1 that has user defined fonts. Other than those 2 things I'm thinking that 2.0.1 is the final version of this theme unless there is another major change such as the adding of 6.0 OS style icons or something.
    05-22-10 01:29 PM
    love the theme, however the font is a little large on the menus and applications. anyway to make that either user defined or smaller?
    thanks
    05-22-10 08:04 PM
    love the theme, however the font is a little large on the menus and applications. anyway to make that either user defined or smaller?
    thanks

Yeah, I'm going to be cutting a user defined version in the next day or two...
    05-22-10 08:06 PM
    Great Job with all the updates

Last edited by cornbread16; 05-23-10 at 11:57 AM.
    05-22-10 09:46 PM
    Very nice. Would like to see just 1 thing added and that is to have the weather app title always displayed on the left of the icon, that way, for example, you could always see the hi/lo or forecast above the today area. Very nice theme though, I am hoping to toy around more with it this summer and work on Denali 3.0

05-26-10 01:00 AM
    I love this theme! very, very nice...except the giant font is killing me
    any chance you will make the fonts user defined?

thanks
    06-10-10 01:43 PM
    I have to go download this one again. Looks like i must hace dumped it be mistake... Thanks again Ben to makeing such a cool theme.
    06-19-10 03:37 PM
    great work!this theme is a keeper for sure! thanks!
    06-20-10 01:28 PM
    Very cool theme, just need to be able to change the menu font!!! I saw you responded to someone that you will be updating this to be user defined, thank you!!!!
    06-21-10 09:43 AM
    Still waiting (patiently) on the update to this. I hope it will be soon...I love this theme
    06-21-10 12:32 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD