BASIC.black is a theme developed upon suggestions and feedback from pure.BASIC. Spotting new banners and retaining most of the default elements like user customizable font size.

BASIC.black

- Fast, sleek and spotting a new look from pure.BASIC
    - Retaining most of the theme elements that comes with the default theme
    - Font size unlocked
    - With hidden today
    - Cleaner banners
    - Supports international characters

OTA links (download directly from your Blackberry browser)

Updated 22 Sept 2153hrs (+8GMT)

- profile text listing visibility resolved

- Replaced focus button from blue to grey

- Replaced directional up & down from blue to black

Download as usual from OTA but sorry for having to reboot though.

BASIC.black for 9630 OTA

Small font version: BASIC.black small font version for 9630 OTA

Theme notes:

1) Theme for 9000 & 9630 are tested on simulators only

2) Kindly do a battery pull after installation of the theme and ensure that you do not have any unread messages before you do that.

3) Battery & Signal meters percentage are in 10% and 20% blocks respectively. They are only an estimate.

Please note not repost OTA links elsewhere without permission. Direct Links to my website is recommended instead. Thank you.

Comments and feedbacks welcome. Let me know if there are any problems.

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by jas0ns; 09-30-09 at 11:36 AM.
    09-19-09 04:49 PM
    Very nice theme. Love the percentages for the battery and the signal

Is there a chance you can make a non-hidden version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 05:14 PM
    oh thaT'S NICE
    09-19-09 05:16 PM
    Nice theme..Can you post that wallpaper without the basicblack advertisement?
    09-19-09 05:58 PM
    So sick! No lag whatsoever. Finally! Great work!!!

09-19-09 07:03 PM
    great job! I love this theme.
    09-19-09 07:29 PM
    sweet theme! works great so far.
    09-19-09 10:10 PM
    Excellent as always!

09-19-09 11:08 PM
    Thanks all for the comments. Small font version for BASIC.black can be downloaded at my website now.
    09-20-09 09:39 AM
    Small font version updated on 1st post and an update on the original version
    09-22-09 09:17 AM
    this is a great theme love the look, would be prime with a weather slot!~
    09-22-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks for your feedback, no weather dock for this one but since the dock slots are customisable, u can put it on one of them.

09-23-09 12:53 AM
    Hey I really dig the theme but have a few questions...

What exactly is a hidden today? Is that like when I scroll over my messages it comes up on the top a little bit?

What do you mean by dock slots being customizable, that just means I can adjust which ones are on the home screen?

Lastly my only gripe is that the downloads, applications, games and setup folders just say "folder" underneath them until you scroll over them, any way to change this?
    09-24-09 11:02 AM
    sorry to get off track a little, but...themes seem to get a lot of attention, but what are they exactly? seems to me they just change your homepage, but surely they do something else. can someone please provide a tutotial? thanks in advance.
    09-24-09 11:39 AM
    Hey I really dig the theme but have a few questions...

What exactly is a hidden today? Is that like when I scroll over my messages it comes up on the top a little bit?

What do you mean by dock slots being customizable, that just means I can adjust which ones are on the home screen?

Lastly my only gripe is that the downloads, applications, games and setup folders just say "folder" underneath them until you scroll over them, any way to change this?
    Hi, yes, hidden today means that the new items will be shown on screen when you scroll over and be able to access it from there.

Customizable slots means you can arrange any apps to be shown on the homescreen by placing them in the first 6 slots on your app screen.

The folder had been changed for default folders, if you don't like them, you can add folder and choose from the default new folders icon on your phone.

Thanks for your comment.
    09-25-09 07:51 AM
    sorry to get off track a little, but...themes seem to get a lot of attention, but what are they exactly? seems to me they just change your homepage, but surely they do something else. can someone please provide a tutotial? thanks in advance.
    Hi mister,

Themes are like your clothes but for your blackberry, you change them to personalize your device. They changed more than just the wallpaper; icons, banners, menus, colours, animation can be added for flair.

As for tutorials, head on to the theme developers forum to find out more or use the search functions.
    09-25-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD