Hi Gurus!

I have an interesting senario....I have a them on my BB tour atm that seems to want to change the native font....I have trouble seeing my BB so I have the font set to 14 EXTRBOLD...when I load this theme, it changes the native font (menus, messages, BB messenger options menu etc...) to a non bold font of around 10. I go to screen/keyboard and it says and shows FONT 14 EXTRABOLD but it is not. I have downloaded multiple other themes like Dashboard ONE , Prov 3....Awesome themes, but I cannot see them....and they dont experience this problem of native font change. Any ideas what might be the problem with programming for the theme...was something missed a check mark with native font etc....

Thank fot the help everyone!!!
    09-09-09 07:37 PM
    No way around it. Theme controls the font.....
    09-09-09 08:12 PM
    If this problem is not in any other themes....can one deduse that it is something that was overlooked and can be changed in the theme program?
    09-09-09 08:18 PM
    If the theme author set the theme to override your default settings then there is nothing you can do apart from asking the author to update the theme to a version that does not override your font setting.
    09-09-09 08:19 PM
    I am the theme author and the fonts are set no lower than 40 anywhere a font can be changed. It was made purposely to be over sized.

BTW, this is a free theme that I have spent countless hours modifying
    09-10-09 07:23 AM
    I didn't mean to suggest that you did anythjing badly at all. I was simply trying to explain to the OP why his Screen/Keyboard fonts weren't displaying the way he expected them to.
    09-10-09 08:36 AM
    I didn't take it that way. I have already explained to the OP how the theme was created; that the fonts are as large as plazmic will allow without throwing an error.

I am not a professional theme designer; far from it. I create themes for myself and share those I think others will like or find useful. Because I work at a school, I no longer have the time to edit this theme. I attempted to upload the .thm file for the OP but CB was not allowing me to do so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:43 AM
    To the OP, download plazmic, and make your own. An honest suggestion, and not an insult.

If you BUY a theme, then you get to start threads complaining about what does and doesn't work. If someone takes hours to put a theme together for you, making countless changes that you request, FOR FREE, you say thank you, and move on.

As someone who's recently had the same issue with not one but 2 other members here at CB, with constant requests for changes on a theme that I've made, and never hearing the words "thank you", this pisses me off.
    09-10-09 12:29 PM
    The only way to get around the font limit in Plazmic is to leave the fonts alone. When the theme is created, don't touch the setting under Edt>Preferences>Fonts and it will leave message lists, etc as the default as selected in the Screen/Keyboard settings.

And the onlky way I found this out is because I downloaded Plazmic and made my own theme. I love what everyone else has created but there were little things I wanted that I couldn't rightly demand from someone else.
    09-10-09 12:42 PM
    The whole point of this theme was larg fonts and large indicators. The large fonts display just fine on my Tour. I don't want the font to display at the device setting. Its purpose is to display at my larger font I set

09-10-09 12:47 PM
    I hear you. I know exactly what you mean.
    09-10-09 12:59 PM

Not sure if this will work but hopefully the first is a pic of the BIG theme as it appears on my phone and the second is how bbampd appears. I made no changes to the font on my device.

Last edited by Renocat; 09-10-09 at 01:12 PM.
    09-10-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD