I hoped theme studio would fix this but it didnt. and havent got a response in the dev forum.

how can you make the underlay,focus and move images stay square. as in, not stretch out when you go to the menu screen, and stretch out even more inside folders.

I know other themes have this problem too, even the default theme. In TB or TS the icon focus images are square, and when you upload they're rectangles.

is there any way around this?
    11-29-09 12:21 PM
    your images have to be the size that is default to the device you are creating the theme for.
    for example, if you're making a theme for a storm, the icon size is 73x73.
    in the application menu screen, the tabs behind the icons are 90x96. so if you want your tab image to be 80x80 behind the 73x73. you have to take the 80x80 image and place it in a 90x96 canvas.

basically, if you want your image to be a different size other than default, ( icon or tab ) you still have to use the default image size as your canvas size.

you can figure out the default size in theme builder by any tab or icon by hovering over the image. it will tell you the size in the tooltip.

hope this helps.
    11-29-09 03:07 PM
    even if i dont touch the icon/focus etc images and use the defaults they still squish like that when i install them. I've noticed it in other themes too. then, when your in a folder (downloads for example) it flattens them even more.
    11-29-09 06:40 PM
    here's what I'm talking about:

example standard precision ZEN theme in plazmic 4.7 (for continuity purposes only)

here's the same shown on my Tour. with latest VZW version OS.

inside folder

this problem persists even with Theme Builder 5.0. If this is fixed by upgrading to a leaked 5.0 os I wouldnt know. I wont upgrade till the official release.
    11-29-09 08:13 PM
    ok, you got me. i havnt seen this before. does this happen with other third party themes as well?
    11-30-09 10:00 PM
    I got the solution in another thread. Somehow my app screen was set to 4x 4 rather than 6x4
    So the icons stretched to fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD