im a nub at this and i know it but how come when i download a theme it doesn't work on my phone. it restarts and everything is the same. could some one help me all the themes on here are really cool and i want some of them.

thanks.
    11-12-09 02:45 PM
    any theme that you download does not work? or ones that you are making do not work? after you download a theme you need to go to options>themes and selected the newly downloaded theme. it will take a few seconds to load, but that is how you do it. it will re-arrange all the icons in a different order too, so dont be alarmed.
    11-12-09 02:54 PM
    You also need to be sure that the theme you download is compatible with your device. That was a mistake that I made more than once. If the theme isn't designed for your model, it won't work.
    11-12-09 02:57 PM
    im a nub at this and i know it but how come when i download a theme it doesn't work on my phone. it restarts and everything is the same. could some one help me all the themes on here are really cool and i want some of them.

thanks.
    Did you go to Option -> Theme? Just restarting the BB won't change themes if it is the case . And you might probably want to rearrange icons for your liking. It depends on themes but all apps downloaded could be under "Downloads" holder and BB Messengers and all the other messengers could be under "Messenger" holder in case you can't find some icons (And to move it out of the folder, press BB key and choose "Move to Folder" then choose "Home").

And in case you want to go to back to the original one, all the icons will stay the same as before so don't be afraid of switching them around until you find your favorite
    Last edited by BrianFTC; 11-12-09 at 03:52 PM.
    11-12-09 03:49 PM
    wow you guys are nice here. THANKS!! most places give me bad responses. but ya maybe it wasn't for my phone and i did check themes and all that good stuff.
    thanks guys ill let you know if i have any other problems.
    ps are there very many themes for the 9630 tour, i cant make them im just trying to download them?

EDIT: this was the theme i was trying to get and i thought it said i was compatible for the tour. and all i have to do it load that screen on my black beryy and click the OTA download right?
    Last edited by 9630BLEE; 11-12-09 at 06:52 PM.
    11-12-09 06:50 PM
    There are plenty that I have seen. You can search anywhere online outside of crackberry and bbappworld. it really isnt that hard to make your own, you should try
    11-12-09 07:23 PM
    i was looking into that but i dont quite get it. do i need to download a program for that? i was reading it somewhere on the forum but i forget what it was talking about. What program do i need to make it. and does it matter if im on OS v4.7. i dont really wanna upgrade to 5.0 id rather keep it the same.
    11-12-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD