There are alot of themes on here that I would love to buy/download, however, I HATE TODAY THEMES. Why are almost all the nice themes TODAY? Anyone else feel this way???
    09-13-09 10:37 PM
    They give the most info and if they are hidden its even better. Its nice to just scroll over a msg and see what it is without opening it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 11:39 PM
    I do not like them
    09-13-09 11:49 PM
    I understand. However, BB was designed, I think, with business in mind and for those that wanted their schedule on their phone. I think that's why the Today themes are so popular.

Just a though.
    09-14-09 12:09 AM
    There are a few theme artists that make non today ones also, but I think the demand for today themes is greater. BadGuy has a theme with 16 different variations, 8 of which aren't today.

09-14-09 12:11 AM
    I like it only when I scroll over it. For example when I go over to sms and mms I know who its from and a short preview before I actually open it.

09-14-09 12:28 AM
    You can get around the "today" feature by placing your sms/mms, messages, and calendar icons in areas other than those that allow the today function. Most themes state that these icons must be kept in spots 1-5. If you do not want the today function, place them after the 5th place.

If that's not an option for you, I have seen lots of themes that don't support the today function. Do a search in Crackberry or take a look here Themes4BB.com - Free Blackberry Themes - Multimedia For Your BlackBerry, PimpMyBerry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry!, or here Free BlackBerry Tour Themes

Good luck!

09-14-09 04:20 AM
    There are alot of themes on here that I would love to buy/download, however, I HATE TODAY THEMES. Why are almost all the nice themes TODAY? Anyone else feel this way???
    And there I was thinking I was the only one who despised Today themes...LOL!! But as previous posters mentioned, you can just relocate your icons so that the today info is not displayed.
    09-14-09 08:01 AM
    I use to detest Today themes, but they've grown on me as of late, especially when the Today content is 'hidden'. But I do agree with the OP that many of these themes should be made available w/ non-Today versions as well...

LineUp � artistic me. <- available in Bottom Zen and Plus (w/ Hidden Today) styles...

[/shameless self-promotion]
    Last edited by artisticme; 09-16-09 at 05:09 PM.
    09-14-09 01:49 PM
    i agree! i hate today themes! hidden today are A LITTLE better but i find them buggy! i like a lot of themes but all of them are today and it gets annoying. can we make a today/hidden today verison then a regular version? compromise =)
    09-14-09 09:10 PM
    ditto today theme, are not my fav.
    09-14-09 10:43 PM
    I don't hate today themes, actually I prefer them, but a variety would be nice.

09-14-09 10:48 PM
    Wht exactly are " Today " themes? I see that a lot and never understood what it meant.
    09-14-09 11:52 PM
    Wht exactly are " Today " themes? I see that a lot and never understood what it meant.
    A traditional "Today" theme features Messages, Calendar and Phone preview sub-entries on the Home Screen, instead of a row of user customizable icons.

"Today Plus" themes are those that feature a 'today' section and a row (or column) of 'zen' icons (user customizable icons) on the Home Screen. For devices running OS 4.6 or higher, it is possible for the theme developer to make the 'Today' section hidden, wherein preview entries will only appear when you scroll over the Calendar, Messages, Phone and/or SMS/MMS zen icons on the Home Screen.

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 9000 OS 4.6 Improvements Revealed! | CrackBerry.com << there are examples of the different Precision themes that were supposed to be shipped with OS 4.6+ devices in this post, including Precision Today.
    09-15-09 12:50 AM
    Im glad Im not the only one lol
    Id love for there to be more NON today versions! Developers would get my $$$
    09-16-09 04:58 PM
    What is the difference between today and non-today themes?
    11-06-09 08:47 PM
    Keep in mid some of these themes are free, appreciate the developers efforts, they really make the themes for their convience and really donot have to share them. I'm sure if a donation went their way, they can modify the theme to your liking.
    11-06-09 11:02 PM
    Obviously, theme builders have the final say. And if they feel today functionality is important to the theme, then build it in with no other option. But most people install a theme based on look and feel. They like the icons. Like the arrangement. Like the wallpaper space. Like the hidden functionality (a'la 3G Tour by Red Zapper). And they live with the today or non-today. I deal with the today if it's there in the theme I prefer (iTour bannerless by andyriot right now), but it would be great to be able to find a them and know it's available with or without today. I think theme builders like doing what they do and like having people use their theme (and like people to donate of course). Why not do both versions and double your market of users?
    11-07-09 10:52 AM
    I think theme builders like doing what they do and like having people use their theme (and like people to donate of course). Why not do both versions and double your market of users?
    I'll speak for myself here and not other theme builders.
    I build themes for my own use and post theme here to get feedback and for other people to use if it suits them.
    I port themes over to other devices because it if easy.
    I have a donate button for those who are so inclined - it is a nice perk but it is not the main reason why I make themes.
    I guess it is nice having people use my themes but I won't make something I won't use myself.
    I usually don't bother with custom requests - it takes to much time.
    I ignore posts that say "do this and I will definitely donate" - not my style.

When I get bored with my own themes (it happens - sad but true ) or have a concept I want to try, I make another. I will share and hopefully, I'll get good feedback to improve it and others will enjoy it as well.
    But the theme will still be how I want it because I made it for my own use.

And to those who use my themes and like them, I'm glad you enjoy using them - I do.
    Last edited by redzapper; 11-09-09 at 11:26 PM.
    11-09-09 09:41 PM
    Well said Red, my sentiments exactly.
    11-09-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD