Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67
  1. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default dimm0k's V1 theme [FREE]

    First attempt at creating a theme for my Tour 9630 and thought I'd go public with it to get some feedback. No major changes, but some minor ones to make things easier to read and more fluid than the default theme. I left out my wallpaper just to cut down on the size of theme file itself so you guys can save some space and use whatever you want.

    Some features of this theme...

    - 9 customizable mini application icons
    - Messages, SMS & MMS, Browser - fixed in the lower left
    - clock and calendar are launchable to their respective applications
    - Messages, SMS & MMS, and calendar display Today text
    - spacebar launches QuickLaunch
    - first application slot for weather app (BerryWeather shown here)
    - first application slot also displays when device is locked





    OS 4.7: http://bit.ly/cw0lM4

    OS 5.0 with no hidden today: http://bit.ly/azZJ7j, OS 5.0.624+ http://bit.ly/bcaTSO

    OS 5.0 with hidden today: Index of /V1/5.0, OS 5.0.624+ Index of /V1/5.0.624

    NOTE: because of an issue with OS 4.7, the notification mark (red circle with white asterisk) works when it wants to and will sometimes stay on even though there's no more new messages or won't ever show up when there are new messages.

    If you enjoy this theme, please consider donating https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...on_id=10870773

    *UPDATES*
    04/04/10 - OS 5.0 version: changed the Messages, SMS & MMS, and Browser in the bottom left slots to use Slots 2, 3 and 4 respectively. Homescreen banner and Application banner are now more uniform in icon positioning. Weather slot slightly larger than default icon size. Removed some navigational links so it's easier to manuever in the Homescreen.
    03/29/10 - OS 5.0 version: tweaked placement of the NETWORK indicator to better align with signal strength, removed hidden Today
    01/29/10 - OS 5.0 version: removed SMS Today text since OS 5.0 threads messages, disabling Today text
    Last edited by dimm0k; 05-02-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Update for 5.0.624+
  2. mrrobinson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    530 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    PIN
    Plz request via PM
    #2  

    Default

    Possible 5.0 OS version?
  3. Eighty_3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    290 Posts
    PIN
    che buey!
    #3  

    Default

    Different, unique, and practical. Thanks!
  4. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vballer View Post
    Possible 5.0 OS version?
    Actually just compiled one for the 5.0 OS... just need to upload it and will post link in the original message.
  5. KILLBILL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    251 Posts
    PIN
    PM ME
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Actually just compiled one for the 5.0 OS... just need to upload it and will post link in the original message.
    Sweet!
    THanks
    Everyone has a photographic memory… some just don’t have film.
  6. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    a version for 5.0 OS is up!
  7. zeeraf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    could you make a dock version only ?? without the weather slot ??
  8. mrrobinson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    530 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    PIN
    Plz request via PM
    #8  

    Thumbs up Much appreciated...

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Actually just compiled one for the 5.0 OS... just need to upload it and will post link in the original message.
    Thanks a lot!
  9. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeraf View Post
    could you make a dock version only ?? without the weather slot ??
    Technically I can, but removing the weather slot would involve creating a new version of the theme and at the moment I would prefer not to manage too many themes. This is because everything is tied to that slot and removing it would involve reworking the theme to work without that slot.

    If there's enough demand for it, I suppose I can put one together...
  10. whopper810's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    What a great first theme! Really nice work! Looking forward for more wonderful themes from you.
  11. zeeraf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    thanks for the quick response , theme looks really good . i only asked cuz i love very simply themes and have been tryin to make a mini icon dock theme and cant get it right lol. i love those 9-10 icon home screens
  12. mrrobinson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    530 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    PIN
    Plz request via PM
    #12  

    Default

    Notification marks working on the 5.0 version?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vballer View Post
    Notification marks working on the 5.0 version?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've been told they do... let me know if they work on your end if you have OS 5.0.
  14. b1time's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,215 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,347 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Dimmok This theme looks great, and the notifications are indeed working with 5.0

    EDIT: the notifications are not working with 3rd party apps just the emails, and bbm...
    Last edited by b1time; 12-29-2009 at 08:42 PM.
  15. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b1time View Post
    Dimmok This theme looks great, and the notifications are indeed working with 5.0

    EDIT: the notifications are not working with 3rd party apps just the emails, and bbm...
    Thanks! What 3rd party apps are you referring to?
  16. b1time's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,215 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,347 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Thanks! What 3rd party apps are you referring to?
    SocialScope lite is the only 3rd party app Im using... the little red indicator stays on the icon after I read a message
  17. triplem44's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Great theme dimm0k - I'm sticking with yours. The only problem I have is that when the first line of my calendar is really long it bumps into the weather icon. I'm using weatherbug, maybe that's the problem? Thanks again for sharing this - just what i was looking for.
  18. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b1time View Post
    SocialScope lite is the only 3rd party app Im using... the little red indicator stays on the icon after I read a message
    Just curious if you put SocialScope lite into the first slot for the weather app, does the red indicator work properly then?
  19. b1time's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,215 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,347 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Just curious if you put SocialScope lite into the first slot for the weather app, does the red indicator work properly then?
    Will try......

    Update
    on the first slot it does work... i guess its because of the resizing of the icons on the bottom row??
    Last edited by b1time; 12-29-2009 at 11:12 PM.
  20. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triplem44 View Post
    Great theme dimm0k - I'm sticking with yours. The only problem I have is that when the first line of my calendar is really long it bumps into the weather icon. I'm using weatherbug, maybe that's the problem? Thanks again for sharing this - just what i was looking for.
    Glad to hear! While my calendar entries have not gotten that long, my intention was to have the calendar entries overlap the weather icon if they do get that long so that the weather icon would seem to be more like the wallpaper... and blend "away" into the background. Maybe weatherbug handles things differently... if possible, could you send me a screenshot of how it looks?
  21. triplem44's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Glad to hear! While my calendar entries have not gotten that long, my intention was to have the calendar entries overlap the weather icon if they do get that long so that the weather icon would seem to be more like the wallpaper... and blend "away" into the background. Maybe weatherbug handles things differently... if possible, could you send me a screenshot of how it looks?
    Sorry, i don't have that installed to take a screen shot. I tried berryweather and it is the same thing. I agree about 'blending in' and that it would look good, but the problem is that the text goes right over it and you cant see the weather. But really, it's probably only me that has such a long calendar entry - it is ridiculously long and not too common I would think so I wouldn't read too much into it. I think it's fine as is. Thanks again.
  22. Galamir's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Is that a hidden dock or the bottom picture a different version?


    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  23. _Ms.Pretty_'s Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    PIN
    30f448d
    #23  

    Default

    I love ur theme!!!! Havin all that on the home screen is really easy to navigate!!! Gr8 job

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  24. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galamir View Post
    Is that a hidden dock or the bottom picture a different version?


    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same version... when you have the focus on the weather slot the application icons hide to show your background.
  25. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Ms.Pretty_ View Post
    I love ur theme!!!! Havin all that on the home screen is really easy to navigate!!! Gr8 job

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks! Yeah, it's actually a culmination of other themes I've seen that had some stuff I wanted here and some stuff I wanted there. Figured it'd be easier to make my own.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions