**Back in Black**

**Update: Both versions now have the correct default folder icon**

This is the bad boy edition...this has been a personal project of mine. I like dark and simple themes with professional clean fonts, no clutter and wallpaper friendly. If you liked Vista Black Edition you will love this theme.

It's simple yet bold. Make your statement with the soon to be released Back in Black.

Theme features.

-All black menus (rare)
    -weather/meterberry slot
    -Fully animated dock (hides when you scroll off icons)
    -fully customizable icons to your liking
    -Hidden Today
    -New message indicators
    -striking red "new" alerts

Thanks to Bad Guy Creationz for resizing these icons for me. Thanks dude.

I created 2 versions that should satisfy everybody with or without a weather app or meterberry. Those running 5.0 should take a look at b1times suggestion of changing the sms from bubble to lines to take full advantage of the blacked out menu's. It looks incredible.

I provided another wall that looks real good on this theme courtesy of Vdubs.

There are two versions of this theme to meet everybody's needs.

*First version, vMB, will enable those with weatherberry/meterberry to show the apps stats on screen constantly.

*Second version is for those who don't have either app. Scrolling to icon will only have the text fade in/fade out. Users of meterberry/weatherberry may prefer this version. Like anything it's a personal preference.

Back in Black vMB_1/OTA

Back in Black v1.1.1/OTA

Last edited by cereal killer; 09-25-09 at 01:16 PM.
    09-23-09 12:32 AM
    **Coming Soon**

This is the bad boy edition...this has been a personal project of mine. I like dark and simple themes with professional and clean fonts. If you liked the Black Edition Vista you will love this theme as well.

It's simple yet bold. Make your statement with the soon to be released Back in Black.

Theme features.

-All black menus (rare)
    -weather/meterberry slot
    -Fully animated dock (hides when you scroll off icons)
    -fully customizable icons to your liking
    -Hidden Today
    -New message indicators
    -striking red "new" alerts

Let me know your thoughts and/or suggestions. I hope you all like it as much as I do. Tese are my favorite to create.
    dam looks dope brah...when u gona have it out?
    09-23-09 12:40 AM
    dam looks dope brah...when u gona have it out?
    couple days. Going to add a few more things and see how it runs. I'm using it now and when you get an sms screen is all black with white font.

Looks pretty wicked dude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 01:02 AM
    Looks pretty tight. I had Natemz Pro-V black & white theme for my storm and it was real nice...didn't like it on the Tour tho. I'll give this one a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 02:02 AM
    This theme looks pretty cool. I might have to give it a whirl.
    09-23-09 02:22 AM
    this may have been what i've been requesting for a while now. *fingers crossed!
    09-23-09 03:16 AM
    You mentioned the black background with white font for sms. Is this the case for email as well? Than would be slick since I prefer that and the only way I can do that now is to change accessability to reverse which is a pain in the a$$. Look forward to the finished product.
    09-23-09 05:56 AM
    Awesome! Really looking forward to it!
    09-23-09 06:37 AM
    yes FINALLY. no one makes the menues all customized anymore, ecite themes are the only ones that do em, and well i think its crazy to pay for them, thank u so much...how long do we gotta wait for this! lol
    09-23-09 06:47 AM
    this one looks awesome CK... Really looking forward to this one. Your themes are always functional and sweet... Smooth and fine tuned... Cannot wait
    09-23-09 08:31 AM
    looking forward to it!!!
    09-23-09 08:44 AM
    CK - A couple of questions:

1) Will the weather slot display the temperature and condition info in persistent fashion or only when the focus is on the icon?

2) Will this theme be compatible with QuickLaunch? I tried your Black Edition Vista theme but was disappointed that the QuickLaunch menu items didn't display well - black text on black background - you could only see the individual items when scrolling over each them.

I really like the hidden dock aspect, it's great for wallpapers!
    09-23-09 09:08 AM
    ooo that looks pretty dope..def be looking for this one in the near future
    09-23-09 10:32 AM
    Bullseye, Vista Black didn't always display the temperature? I did a revision and b1time's weather displayed when slot was not focused. I think it depends on the weather app you have?

Here's a link to the pic of weather slot

So here's some screens of the menus. When an email comes in and you don't have a bunch of them saved everything below them will be black. When you reply to emails and sms the text fields are normal can't change them (I can't figure that out. Not sure if thats possible) Calandar is all black as well. Looks very cool.

Here's some pics so everybody gets the idea. Last one is an sms (obviously)

09-23-09 11:02 AM
    i love the black background with the white font-i work in a a very dark enviroment so this is perfect...only one other them out there like this - it'll be nice to have options....i'll def be downloading and abusing this!!!
    09-23-09 11:36 AM
    I'm definitely feeling the all black back rounds, the theme itself looks awesome instead of grey fonts maybe white would stand out more
    09-23-09 11:43 AM
    white will def be a little more harsh on the eyes...the grey will be perfect...i've seen both on themes for my old curve and the grey is by far better
    09-23-09 12:07 PM
    Understood I guess for some white is more legible, I say white only because when you highlight anything you can some what barely see what the words say because the highlighter is grey as well.
    09-23-09 12:09 PM
    yeah i hear that....im sure CK will figure it out....this theme will be big
    09-23-09 12:17 PM
    Yea CK makes them look great... understandably though he cannot please everyone. I am looking forward to the greys and blacks.... goes way better with my BR's and what not. white just pops to much... mayber a light grey will be a better resolution. lol ... keep up the awesome work CK... These are all awesome..
    09-23-09 12:23 PM
    Lookin very nice!
    09-23-09 12:57 PM
    yes deff nice work +1 im looking forward to it
    09-23-09 03:47 PM
    Bullseye, Vista Black didn't always display the temperature? I did a revision and b1time's weather displayed when slot was not focused. I think it depends on the weather app you have?

Here's a link to the pic of weather slot

So here's some screens of the menus. When an email comes in and you don't have a bunch of them saved everything below them will be black. When you reply to emails and sms the text fields are normal can't change them (I can't figure that out. Not sure if thats possible) Calandar is all black as well. Looks very cool.

Here's some pics so everybody gets the idea. Last one is an sms (obviously)
    It could be the particular weather app, I use Weather Eye. However, this app does persistently display the text info on a couple other themes I have from Natemz, Blackberry Pro v3 and BBampd, I included screen caps below of those two themes. I also included a screen cap of the iTour Bannerless which doesn't show the weather info persistently. Looks like maybe it's a combination of weather app and theme..?

BBampd

Blackberry Pro v3

iTour
    09-23-09 03:51 PM
    hmm could be b1time. What I'm going to do is release 2 versions.

1 version (Back in Black vMB) will have the text displayed contantly on weather/meterberry app. When I do that meterberry shows status on screen the whole time. I'm sure that will be the case for weather as well.

2nd version (Back in Black v1.0) will have the text just flash i.e. scroll over icon and it shows text. People that don't have a weather app get this version otherwise whatever icon you have in that slot will have the status always on.

So depending on weather app you may have to try both and use whatever works best. One version will be a good fit for some while the other version works for others. We will cover all the bases with these 2 versions.

Customizing the menus does have it's limits. You CANNOT use white font or it wont show up in some text fields. The light grey works across the board and other than it being light the payoff of the killer menus is well worth it.

There's a reason themers don't customize the menus it's tricky to get it right.

As far as quicklaunch not showing up right in menus that may be a theme thing as well. I think with this version users should be ok because the font is not black.

Users using 5.0 the theme works perfectly BUT the custom folders no longer show up (probably already aware of that) The fix for that is to just create a new folder, name it (applications etc) and the custom folder shows up. Move your stuff into them. i like theme to look uniform throughout but thats just me : )

Threaded sms when unopended still gives you the black menu. When your in the app it looks like the standard app BUT the font is light (again trade off for nice looking menus)

b1Time is going to beta test it for me as well but so far it's running great. I ran it on 4.7 and now 5.0.

It will be a nice simple theme and as always very wallpaper friendly.
    09-23-09 04:33 PM
    hmm could be b1time. What I'm going to do is release 2 versions.

1 version (Back in Black vMB) will have the text displayed contantly on weather/meterberry app. When I do that meterberry shows status on screen the whole time. I'm sure that will be the case for weather as well.

2nd version (Back in Black v1.0) will have the text just flash i.e. scroll over icon and it shows text. People that don't have a weather app get this version otherwise whatever icon you have in that slot will have the status always on.

So depending on weather app you may have to try both and use whatever works best. One version will be a good fit for some while the other version works for others. We will cover all the bases with these 2 versions.

Customizing the menus does have it's limits. You CANNOT use white font or it wont show up in some text fields. The light grey works across the board and other than it being light the payoff of the killer menus is well worth it.

There's a reason themers don't customize the menus it's tricky to get it right.

As far as quicklaunch not showing up right in menus that may be a theme thing as well. I think with this version users should be ok because the font is not black.

Users using 5.0 the theme works perfectly BUT the custom folders no longer show up (probably already aware of that) The fix for that is to just create a new folder, name it (applications etc) and the custom folder shows up. Move your stuff into them. i like theme to look uniform throughout but thats just me : )

Threaded sms when unopended still gives you the black menu. When your in the app it looks like the standard app BUT the font is light (again trade off for nice looking menus)

b1Time is going to beta test it for me as well but so far it's running great. I ran it on 4.7 and now 5.0.

It will be a nice simple theme and as always very wallpaper friendly.
    CK - Thanks for the response and for offering up the dual versions! I'll definitely be giving this a whirl when you post it up!
    09-23-09 05:08 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD