ok....having trouble with the device default calendar and seeing on my home screen appts...once i got the today theme it changed all my appts to device default and i could not ever change to make them show up without RE-entering all the appts! now having trouble with email..deleted the email account once again then wiped about the calendar view on homescreen...all appts are still there but dont show up on homescreen! HELP!
    08-10-09 10:32 AM
    If you enter a new appt does that show up on your home screen? If so you may need to delete and re-enter the again. I had that problem once on my storm when updating the os it move all my calendar appt to my facebook account.
    08-10-09 10:53 AM
    yes! omg erghhH!!!!!!!!!!! its weird..in other bb calendars when u go into the appt you can click on send using and u can change email addresses..the tour only had device default...HATE that!
    08-10-09 12:15 PM
    Set your email back up and make that account your default calendar (options>advanced>default) if all your appt are saved in that account they should show up.
    08-10-09 01:27 PM
    ooo ya did that already NOTHING! its jacked..this new calendar...well for the tour anyway not liking...curve software better for that...going to try to re-sync 2nite and if that doesnt change it i will just have to re-enter everything..thanks for ur input!!
    08-10-09 01:35 PM
    ok so i was on the phone with verizon then put me thru to blackberry...after 4 hours got the whole calendar thing figured out! u have to delete service books...clear entries on the desktop manager...its alot but finally works! i can explain more if need be...email me if u have questions )
    08-11-09 09:27 AM
    I have been having a problem where calendar events do not sync to Outlook. I have figured out that only calendar items associated with 1 specific email account sync to Outlook. I now see that my calendar items are tied to different email accounts...not sure how it got that way or how to fix it. Sounds like you had a similar problem. Any information will be appreciated.

Ed
    08-11-09 09:53 AM
    do u use both calendars? with separate emails?? i only use yahoo....so i had to go clear out the records (entries) in the desktop manager.....then i deleted the service books associated with the calendar i DID NOT want....then i re-sync'd it...from the calendar to device only then it worked perfect....multi calendars suck if you dont use them! lol
    08-11-09 12:52 PM
    do u use both calendars? with separate emails?? i only use yahoo....so i had to go clear out the records (entries) in the desktop manager.....then i deleted the service books associated with the calendar i DID NOT want....then i re-sync'd it...from the calendar to device only then it worked perfect....multi calendars suck if you dont use them! lol
    I only use 1 calendar that I want to sync from Outlook to my Tour. I don't use any web based calendars but I have 5 email addresses. The Tour assumes each email address has a corresponding calendar apparently.

When I look in service books there are 2 entries for each email. So, if I delete the one labeled CICAL for all but one of the email addresses will that take care of the problem and sync OK with Outlook? Seems logical but I am not sure how it picked the one it is using not (my BIS email).
    08-11-09 03:13 PM
    only delete the CICAL that u DO NOT use....for each of the emails...do not delete the email that is linked to outlook....then desktop manager...under backup and restore..go in and clear the records for the calendar...there should be 2 items u hilite and then clear...then re-sync from outlook to device..then should be fine...heres my pin if u wanna bbm me with other questions since i will not be back on for a while....30B61162
    08-11-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go and post back.

Ed
    08-12-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD