Okay all you BB gurus and BB theme building gurus, is there a way to take a theme from my phone and extract it from my phone so I can say change the colors of the backgrounds and such?? I'm hoping there is something like bbsak or bbmcp that will do a similar thing to the themes that can be done to the os, where as with those programs one can extract the cods that make up the os. Any help would be great. I figure one of two things 1) it can't be done or 2) I overlooked the obvious and there's a function for that in "theme builder" and/or "plasmic".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 06:03 PM
    There's a way to extract the cod file but you won't be able to edit anything, only a thm file that was developed in theme builder will allow you to change things inside the theme

07-30-10 06:08 PM
    Hhhmmmmm, so option 2 was correct, given tha it was made in theme builder/plasmic?? That's good to know.

07-30-10 07:08 PM
    If you want to download TB, it starts you out with a theme that is very similar to the original themes that come on your device. You can edit whatever you like and upload it straight to your phone without having to host or anything like that.
    07-30-10 07:28 PM
    Been there done that, it's just that I have a theme I love but don't like the colors of.

07-30-10 07:54 PM
    Been there done that, it's just that I have a theme I love but don't like the colors of.

You could contact the theme maker and ask them if they'll customize it for you. Some theme makers will do that for an extra fee.
    08-03-10 01:35 PM
    I'm extremely certain that any & all theme designers would be more than a little upset by this. If you wish to have changes made to your preferred theme make a request to the designer that built it. Some will, some won't. Most will by donation. Or, download theme studio and design your own. But, do not go trying to hack apart a theme designed by someone else. I know I woundn't be happy if it were mine.

08-04-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD