--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDITED FEB 4th 2010: de-bugged versions uploaded

Intended for those who want as little as possible on their homescreen so you canshow off your wallpaper(s).

Stock precision icons. Menus and call screens kept as stock. This allows for the small size in terms of memory (less than 500k).

Four varieties to choose from. Common features throughout:

1) Message alert shows up in upper left corner. Gray dot - unread messages; red dot -new messages. Scroll over the dot and click to open the messages application. All messages show as one dot (i.e., if you have voice mail and an email and a BBM message, only one dot shows to tell you have messages).

2) GPS signal in top right corner serves as toggle "switch" to hide / show an L-dock with user defined applications (more on this below).

3) Space bar launches QuickLaunch

4) $ launches SMS / MMS

5) Hidden today for calendar and messages

Blank theme:
    Attachment 53669Attachment 53670
    As blank as I could make it.

OTA for 5.0
    OTA for 4.7

Blank theme with banner:
    Attachment 53671Attachment 53672
    Can't live without the date, time, battery and signal meters?
    Date serves as launcher for calendar.

OTA for 5.0
    OTA for 4.7

Blank with weather slot:
    Attachment 53673Attachment 53674
    First app from app screen shows in weather slot. Apps two through 9 fill the rest of the L. Only message dot and GPS show.

OTA for 5.0
    OTA for 4.7

Blank with weather slot and banner:
    Attachment 53675Attachment 53676
    Frankly not all that different from a lot of other themes but in case you want all of the above ...
    Date serves as launcher for calendar.

OTA for 5.0
    OTA for 4.7

NEW VERSION WITH MORE FUNCTIONS IN BANNER
    Attachment 53818Attachment 53819
    In the top banner, more functions:
    1) Time=clock
    2) Bluetooth (next to time) = manage connections
    3) Battery = profiles
    4) Signal meter = BB browser

LINKS REMOVED AS SOME PEOPLE HAVE REPORTED THAT THEIR BLACKBERRY'S HAVE "BRICKED" AFTER INSTALL.

HOSTED BY themes4bb.com

Donations happily accepted but definitely not required.
    Blank theme - free-btn_donate_lg.gif
    Last edited by monkey_fist; 02-10-10 at 10:16 AM.
    02-03-10 10:23 AM
    Very nice, thankx for the variety =D
    02-03-10 10:53 AM
    Excellent variety. Thanks for sharing, but part of the date was cut-off. Is this an error on my part?
    Last edited by Eighty_3; 02-03-10 at 12:07 PM.
    02-03-10 11:19 AM
    Excellent variety. Thanks for sharing, but part of the date was cut-off. Is this an error on my part?
    No. My mistake. Will have to shrink text font / move things around. Didn't "road test" the bannered versions before release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 12:39 PM
    No. My mistake. Will have to shrink text font / move things around. Didn't "road test" the bannered versions before release.

Whew!!! That is good to know. Thanks!
    02-03-10 01:26 PM
    Hey Monkey_fist!

It takes a lot to distract me from Foppa's themes, but yours did! I am checking out your "Blank theme with banner 4.7", and quite like it! It gave me a bit of a scare after I initially installed and activated it, because nothing worked (trackball, keypad, nothing!). But a reboot solved that

Anyway, I like wallpaper friendly themes, and yours is definitely wallpaper friendly! These are the things I like:

- super-small banner; nice battery icon

- messages circle on top left is pretty neat. I like how it turns red like that. And I like how when you focus on it, it is a hidden today icon and shows the new messages (I didn't think it would do that based on your theme description, so that was a pleasant surprise).

- clicking on the gps to show the L dock. Works well!

I can happily use your theme as is, which is great. But if I were to offer any suggestions, they would be as follows:

1) on top banner, allow focus on time (or date) to display calendar entries (or click to bring up calendar). That would be slick.

2) somehow get the date so that it is not truncating (it's stupid that the themebuilder doesn't let you abbreviate the dates!).

3) make the font for the hidden today messages a bit bigger (if that resulted in a few less messages being displayed, that would be ok with me).

4) when in the L-dock, when you scroll over an icon, temporarily display the icon name (for a second or two and then fade it out). I don't really care about this one, but I am used to that functionality.

Oh yeah, one problem found: pressing the spacebar is not launching quicklaunch. Now THAT one needs to be addressed LOL!

That's all I can think of for now. Great work! You should provide a link so that people can donate to your cause!

Cheers,
    Wayne
    Last edited by WayneN; 02-03-10 at 06:57 PM.
    02-03-10 06:50 PM
    One other thing I noticed: when I get a BB Messenger message, the messages dot it not turning red.

Cheers
    02-03-10 07:09 PM
    Great theme!

There is no mention of a Today functionality, but there seems to be, at least in the for mail messages. Would you be interested in disabling that feature in future release?

And I second the QL via spacebar issue. Deal-breaker for me. I live by Quick Launch
    02-03-10 10:34 PM
    VERY NICE THEME! Interesting concept too. I like it!
    02-03-10 10:56 PM
    Cool. Thanks for posting
    02-03-10 11:10 PM
    Thanks for all those who "beta-tested" this one for me. I guess I rushed it to release without de-bugging it ...

Issues to be addressed:
    1) spacebar for quicklaunch
    2) dates being truncated
    3) enlarging fonts for the hidden today entries
    4) status text to show
    5) using date in the bannered themes as a launcher for calendar

Blackfeet: This is a hidden today theme. Noplans on changing that for now

WayneN: No idea why this is happening with BBM messages. Maybe an OS related issue as this does not happen on my phone (running 5.0).

Will repost in the thread once I've addressed the above. Once again, thanks to everyone who provided feedback. Keep it coming ...
    02-04-10 08:30 AM
    I can't wait to finished debugging this theme... love it! Great for displaying my wallpaper took it off because of the same issues mentioned, gotta have QL!
    02-04-10 12:05 PM
    De-bugged versions uploaded. Follow links inthe original post.

Please post here if:
    (a) you like it
    (b) you notice any bugs
    (c) you have any suggestions for improvements
    02-04-10 02:32 PM
    Hey, that's awesome MF! I'm looking forward to giving the latest version a whirl!

02-04-10 04:25 PM
    I give your theme a try and love how it looks with the wallpapers BUT like WayneN i also activated the theme and nothing worked (keypad, trackball, nothing!) after three batt pulls it worked but had a big lag... I deleted the theme and phone is back to normal. I dunno what that is about, I want the theme but dont want to brick my phone!
    02-04-10 05:27 PM
    I've noticed that after installing the theme(s) I needed to let all my web-based apps update before the theme would work smoothly. Usually about a minute or two. Other than that, I have no idea why it's acting like that.

02-04-10 05:50 PM
    awesome job... glad you got all the fixes together---- LOVE LOVE THIS THEME! Thanks so much for putting the touches to it!
    02-04-10 06:45 PM
    Thank you for this theme. I downloaded the banner w/weather slot for OS 5.0 and I don't have a gps icon. Here a my 2 cents worth of suggestions if you care to hear them

1. Would be really nice if the entire top banner were clickable to operate a function, like the time to open the clock and maybe the batt meter to open profiles.

2. Would prefer the app screen to be a different wall, maybe a solid black or blue.

3. Would like to have music as a hotkey. I don't know if many others do, but I use "x" as a shortcut to open QL so having a version with maybe sms as space and $ as music would be awesome.

4. Are the today items for the messages supposed to be selectable? If so mine isn't working. I did a batt pull after installing but will do another one in case I'm having issues...and maybe the gps icon will appear.

So that's it. I appreciate your sharing this great theme

Last edited by Iluvbb; 02-04-10 at 07:32 PM.
    02-04-10 06:56 PM
    1. Would be really nice if the entire top banner were clickable operate a function, like the time to open the clock and maybe the batt meter to open profiles.

2. Would prefer the app screen to be a different wall, maybe a solid black or blue.

3. Would like to have music as a hotkey. I don't know if many others do, but I use "x" as a shortcut to open QL so having a version with maybe sms as space and $ as music would be awesome.

4. Are the today items for the calendar supposed to be selectable? If so mine isn't working. I did a batt pull after installing but will do another one in case I'm having issues...and maybe the gps icon will appear.
    Not asking for too much?

1) That's certainly do-able. To be honest, the bannered themes were kind of a throw-in as the theme was originally meant to be "bannerless". But since a lot of people seem to be downloading the bannered themes ... no promises, but will consider it.

2) That's a personal preference kind of thing. I seem to remember that the in other themes, the wallpaper from the homescreen would carry over to the apps screen (I couldbe wrong about this). For now, unless a lot of people are really un-happy with the app screen background, no plans to change it.

3) Why not simply make you rmusic icon one of the icons in the L-screen? Then it's only a click and scroll away.

4) Yes, they should be. Unless you've put the calendar app into one of the L-slots. Then it's not reachable (unless you put it on the bottom in the third one from the left). If you scroll down from the date when you have the date high-lighted in the banner, you should be able to scroll and click through the calendar appointments.

GPS icon: If you have your GPS enabled (Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS - mine is set to Device GPS / Location On / Enabled) I don't know why the GPS icon wouldn't show.
    02-04-10 07:30 PM
    Not asking for too much?

1) That's certainly do-able. To be honest, the bannered themes were kind of a throw-in as the theme was originally meant to be "bannerless". But since a lot of people seem to be downloading the bannered themes ... no promises, but will consider it.

2) That's a personal preference kind of thing. I seem to remember that the in other themes, the wallpaper from the homescreen would carry over to the apps screen (I couldbe wrong about this). For now, unless a lot of people are really un-happy with the app screen background, no plans to change it.

3) Why not simply make you rmusic icon one of the icons in the L-screen? Then it's only a click and scroll away.

4) Yes, they should be. Unless you've put the calendar app into one of the L-slots. Then it's not reachable (unless you put it on the bottom in the third one from the left). If you scroll down from the date when you have the date high-lighted in the banner, you should be able to scroll and click through the calendar appointments.

GPS icon: If you have your GPS enabled (Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS - mine is set to Device GPS / Location On / Enabled) I don't know why the GPS icon wouldn't show.
    I understand completely about the app screen and music hotkey, but hey it was worth the try
    I had a typing error with my today ques, I meant to ask if the messages were selectable.
    In regards to the gps icon...doh! I'm pretty sure I don't have my enabled

Thanks so much for the quick response

02-04-10 07:37 PM
    please see original post - new version posted at bottom
    02-04-10 09:16 PM
    another great version --- !!! I'm using two of your themes depending my daily mood. awesome job.
    02-05-10 02:05 PM
    Hey monkey_fist, you're getting good at this theme thang!

I just downloaded your "NEW VERSION WITH MORE FUNCTIONS IN BANNER 4.7", and I like all of the clickable options in the banner!

If it's not a huge bother, I wouldn't complain if you posted ar "non weather slot" version of that. I don't want to see the weather on my screen, as it just reminds me of the beautiful spring-like weather we are having here in Vancouver... which normally wouldn't be a problem, except that we are supposed to be hosting the "Winter" Olympics in a couple of weeks LOL! Seriously though, a non-weather slot version would be great.

I also like that you changed the applications menu background screen to the stock screen.

One minor suggestion I have is to make it so that when you scroll left on the banner, that the focus stops at the messages icon, and conversely when you scroll all the way to the right, that the focus stops at the gps/Ldock icon. The way it's circular now, I have a hard time getting it to stop on those icons and often overshoot. I may be the only one who would prefer it this way though, so I understand if you don't make the change.

Pretty slick little theme - great work!

Cheers,

Wayne
    02-05-10 05:18 PM
    New theme with some carryover from the blank themes is under way. Hopefully by weekend.

Screenshots:
    Attachment 54240Attachment 54241

Attachment 54242Attachment 54243

Attachment 54244Attachment 54245

Weatherd and non-weathered versions. Functional items in banner (messages, clock, calendar, profiles, manage connections, browser).

Two row "dock" with user defined apps which can be toggled to be shown or hidden. "Pop-up" when focused in on an app in the double rowed dock.

And best of all, free!
    Last edited by monkey_fist; 02-09-10 at 02:02 PM.
    02-09-10 01:32 PM
    Hey monkey_fist, that looks VERY nice! Looking forward to it

02-09-10 03:02 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD