Ok the tour themes are awesome free ones and premium ones..But I downloaded a few of them onto my phone and when the incoming call screen comes up its the same as the stationary themes that came with the phone and while in phone call convo the screen doesnt change either...I think the developers missed something..Like the Free Foreberry and the iphoneish theme have the issue...someone tell me why this is happening..or has experienced this problem..Thanks
    08-15-09 01:59 PM
    Ok the tour themes are awesome free ones and premium ones..But I downloaded a few of them onto my phone and when the incoming call screen comes up its the same as the stationary themes that came with the phone and while in phone call convo the screen doesnt change either...I think the developers missed something..Like the Free Foreberry and the iphoneish theme have the issue...someone tell me why this is happening..or has experienced this problem..Thanks
    do you know that the call screen has been updated on those themes?
    08-15-09 10:30 PM
    What do u mean??
    08-16-09 01:24 AM
    �Limitations of the update patch for [CDK] 4.7 � � Plazmic Discussion Forums ...as posted by a Plazmic moderator/developer.

There are a few limitations relating to themes for the BlackBerry 9600 Tour that are not addressed by the update patch that you should be aware of. These issues will be addressed in the next full release of the Plazmic Content Developer's Kit product.

1. When previewing a BlackBerry 9600 Tour theme on the simulator, a warning will be displayed saying that the theme/device combination is incompatible with the version of the simulator. However, if you continue with the preview, the theme will be displayed on the simulator.

2. Changes made to the "Button" elements of a theme will only affect dialog buttons.

3. Changes to the background and banner of both the incoming and active call phone screens will not be displayed when the theme is activated on the BlackBerry 9600 Tour.

4. The Application Center and Profiles (Medium) icons are missing from the BlackBerry 9600 Tour theme template. If you use "Change All Icons" on the "Theme the Application Icons" screen, Theme Builder will crash when the theme is exported.

5. The "Target OS" shown in the export panel of Theme Builder will display as 4.7 for the BlackBerry 9600 Tour even though the software version of the BlackBery 9600 Tour software is 4.7.1.

6. In order to uninstall the 4.7 update patch, you have to uninstall the update patch and uninstall the Plazmic Content Developer's Kit v4.7.
    08-16-09 01:37 AM
    No no I dont make themes I downloaded some and my initial posts were the problems...
    08-16-09 09:58 AM
    When the Tour was first released, it wasn't supported by the Plazmic CDK. So, a lot of theme developers decided to use an unofficial modified version of the software to make/export Tour themes. One of the side effects of this crappy software is that some of the device screens couldn't be altered. Therefore, some of the screens appear to be stock.

I'm sorry my friend, but you got scammed by one of these greedy theme developers. I got burned a couple times too and got my money refunded. Make sure you do a little research before downloading Tour themes. If you're not sure about the theme send the developer an email asking if it was made with the official CDK patch.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 08-16-09 at 10:49 AM.
    08-16-09 10:47 AM
    Ok I get what you are saying man..I appreciate the advice plazmic is annoying LOL!!
    08-16-09 11:12 AM
    From my observations....Regardless to whether or not the theme was made with a modified version of Plazmic CDK 4.7 or with a 'beta' version of the CDK (i.e. the 'patch' officially released this past week by Plazmic); the incoming and active call screens will remain default with all Tour themes...any developer changes made to these screens will not be displayed when the theme is activated on an actual Tour.
    Last edited by artisticme; 08-16-09 at 01:21 PM.
    08-16-09 01:04 PM
    From my observations....Regardless of whether or not the theme was made with a modified version of Plazmic CDK 4.7 or with a 'beta' version of the CDK (i.e. the 'patch' officially released this past week by Plazmic); the incoming and active call screens will remain default with all Tour themes...any developer changes made to these screens will not be displayed when the theme is activated on an actual Tour.
    Opps! I misread the OP's post. I though he/she was talking about multiple screens.

I have a couple of themes where the call screens are slightly customized. (the background is the only thing thats stock), so I'm sure that a fix isn't far off..
    08-16-09 01:22 PM
    From my observations....Regardless to whether or not the theme was made with a modified version of Plazmic CDK 4.7 or with a 'beta' version of the CDK (i.e. the 'patch' officially released this past week by Plazmic); the incoming and active call screens will remain default with all Tour themes...any developer changes made to these screens will not be displayed when the theme is activated on an actual Tour.
    correct....
    08-16-09 01:32 PM
    do we know when plazmic is going to come up with an update so i can see the incoming and outgoing calls will not be the 'default' background?
    08-25-09 04:52 PM
    I have no idea but there dumb not to modify the issues before putting the themes out which is ridiculous..
    08-29-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD